ATTENTION - READ THIS: SITE DNS CHANGE

pyre400

The site has been upgraded to a load balancing configuration. This was performed to handle peak loads (i.e. when carry goes to the floor).

This will likely impact those windows users who have cached dns information. If you dont know what this means, that's ok. I would suggest that before signing on tomorrow, all windows users do the following:

1. Click START

2. Click RUN (alternatively, you can hit the "windows key" to the left of the space bar and "R" simultaneously)

3. Type "cmd" and click ok

4. Type "ipconfig /flushdns" and hit enter

If you'd like to run through these steps now, you may do so. Ask any questions while you can still easily access the site.

Again, you may need to perform these steps tomorrow if you have any issues accessing the site. The old IP will no longer be valid, and if you dont update your dns cache you'll be connecting to the old ip.

Thanks!

Pyre , when I hit enter , after ipconfig/flushdns... it said " the requested operation requires elevation "

:unsure: I tried holding it higher in the air but that didn't work. :frantics:

Seriously, I started laughing so hard I was literally in tears.

Thanks, Papa, my wife thinks I am nuts now, but it was worth it.

Although it may be more correct to say "more nuts".

The site has been upgraded to a load balancing configuration. This was performed to handle peak loads (i.e. when carry goes to the floor).

This will likely impact those windows users who have cached dns information. If you dont know what this means, that's ok. I would suggest that before signing on tomorrow, all windows users do the following:

1. Click START

2. Click RUN (alternatively, you can hit the "windows key" to the left of the space bar and "R" simultaneously)

3. Type "cmd" and click ok

4. Type "ipconfig /flushdns" and hit enter

If you'd like to run through these steps now, you may do so. Ask any questions while you can still easily access the site.

Again, you may need to perform these steps tomorrow if you have any issues accessing the site. The old IP will no longer be valid, and if you dont update your dns cache you'll be connecting to the old ip.

Thanks!

In the anticipation of the task force report, TELL US WHAT YOU KNOW!!!!! :frantics:

This has turned out to be an entertaining thread :D

This update is no indicator as to when the bill is coming to the floor - it may be tomorrow - it may be weeks - I have no idea... Water boarding may change my response, but not likely the truth.

For those who are on their roof tops, typing away - elevated means you need to "Run as admin". I'll modify these instructions for you:

1. go to START

2. at the bottom, after clicking START, you'll see "Search programs and files". Type "cmd"

3. You'll notice at the top that a search result shows "cmd.exe"

4. Right click on cmd.exe and "run as administrator"

5. run your command "ipconfig /flushdns" # [ipconfig <space> /flushdns]

Just to be clear, you may need to run these steps tomorrow, if you cant access the site. To those who took the opportunity to give it a test run, thank you.

After tomorrow, you'll not have to run this again, as the cache will have been updated with our new IP address.

Mac bigots - need not apply :P

Successfully Flushed!!!

look closely, there's a space between the g and the / in "ipconfig /flushdns"

Thanks Pyre!!

Well I went back and tried it with the space and still got the same message.

Bud , sorry if your sides hurt. I do have a weird sense of humor at times. :D

Ok Pyre , I'll try that next.. LOL

Well I tried the newest and latest version of messing up your computer and I still get nowhere. LOL

I went to search > files & folders > blank page opens with search box @ top right > I typed cmd.exe in box and get > no items match search .

Is that a good thing ?? LMAO! I told you I had just learned how to turn it on and off.

Well I tried the newest and latest version of messing up your computer and I still get nowhere. LOL

I went to search > files & folders > blank page opens with search box @ top right > I typed cmd.exe in box and get > no items match search .

Is that a good thing ?? LMAO! I told you I had just learned how to turn it on and off.

worked for me. Type cmd in the box. It should then show "cmd.exe". Then right click on "cmd.exe" and run as admin. You're getting warm papa.

When I right click on cmd.exe , I get a small window that shows undo

cut

copy

paste

delete

select all

right to left reading order

show unicode control charaters

insert " " character

open IME

cut , copy , and delete are ghost words. So Now where do I go? Gaping a set of points is much easier.

You all may never see me again after tomorrow morning . I will say my goodbyes now ... :cry: :bye:

Me too. I get as far as clicking on Run as administrator. Did that. But i still need to enter the "ipconfig /flushdns" somewhere don't i? Fine time for my grand daughter to be out of town!

I would love to see the " run as administrator " prompt because nothing looks as described when I do as told. LOL I am running Vista , if that would make any difference.

After you left click on Run as Administrator you should get a box saying "Windows needs your permission to continue". Click on Continue. You should then get a command prompt. This is where you enter "ipconfig /flushdns". Don't give up yet guys. I think you're almost there.

After you left click on Run as Administrator you should get a box saying "Windows needs your permission to continue". Click on Continue. You should then get a command prompt. This is where you enter "ipconfig /flushdns". Don't give up yet guys. I think you're almost there.

I get a prompt asking if i want to let it make changes. Then i just get a black box with the computer info. after i enter yes. No place to enter "ipconfig /flushdns"

When I right click on cmd.exe , I get a small window that shows undo

cut

copy

paste

delete

select all

right to left reading order

show unicode control charaters

insert " " character

open IME

cut , copy , and delete are ghost words. So Now where do I go? Gaping a set of points is much easier.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAhahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahaa,gaping a set of points....hahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahaha....Me TOOOO PaPa,I'm OLD SCHOOL...I LOVE POINTS.....hahahhahahahahha.Gosh dang,now MY sides HURRRRRRRTTTTTT. U2Funny

Also - to prevent any unnecessary panic. If you still struggle with the instructions provided in this thread, there's a fair chance that:

1. You cache could have expired already, making the flush unnecessary tomorrow AM

2. That you may have to wait up to a day for it to automatically expire.

Its not like you'll never see the site again if you dont perform these actions.

Pyre , when I hit enter , after ipconfig/flushdns... it said " the requested operation requires elevation "

:unsure: I tried holding it higher in the air but that didn't work. :frantics:

That's like the 3 blondes walking down the street. Two of them walked into a bar and the third one ducked.

Or was it like....

A man inside a drug store,walks up to the counter and asks the clerk for three comdoms.

Clerk get them and says,"you need a bag"

The man says,"Naw,she ain't that ugly"

Archived