Meeting with house rep Cunningham

Hatchet

I sent a new letter to house Rep Cunningham and got a response with in less then 3 hours to where he would like to talk on the phone and agreeded to a meeting. So I got some info saved, gunna get more info off here tonight to provide to him. Wish me luck.

Ill throw a list of info on here when I get home of what I have so far. So if I miss anything, please throw it up here.

1. Hb148 papers from Todd.

2. Info on the 300 incindents. (Damn no spell check on here)

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

* IL Association of Chiefs of Police

* IL Sheriff's Association

* Chicago Police Lieutenants Association

* Chicago Police Sergeants Association

We don't have letters but rank and file police are behind HB148 and the Illinois State Police have gone from against RTC to a nuetral stance.

Good luck, look forward to hearing your results...

Ill throw a list of info on here when I get home of what I have so far. So if I miss anything, please throw it up here.

2. Info on the 300 incidents. (Damn no spell check on here)

By MY count while looking at the VPC PDF file claiming 297 deaths involving CCW Permit holders:

146 incidents resulted in 238 deaths

details:

205 total incidents reported resulting in death and involving a CCW Permit holder

59 incidents were suicides by CCW holders who may or may not have used a gun to kill themselves

(that's 146 incidents not including the suicides)

146 incidents resulted in 238 deaths not including the suicide only deaths

6 incidents resulted in acquittals or no charges filed

72 incidents have charges pending... some of those will be dismissed

Some of the incidents were mass murder/rampage incidents INCLUDING the recent Tucson shooting

Some of the incidents (27) were murder/suicides

It is quite unclear if having a CCW Permit resulted in many of the shootings. I have not counted the number of home defense shootings, outside the home self defense shootings or "road rage" type incidents.

Good luck in your chat!

I don't understand why people keep trying to dispute this 146 incidents thing.

Be it true or not I think the better way to dispute this is showing the number of people saved by the concealed permit holders and guns in general.

You could find many stories online of prevented rapes, muggings and other crimes.

http://gunowners.org/sk0802.htm

The above link provides some of this info with backing by actual studies most are government studies.

Don't try to dispute the 146 thing by calling them liars or trying to prove they padded the numbers as we know they did.

Just use the facts to show that guns are used every day to protect thousands of lives.

Just my take..

Brian

I sent a new letter to house Rep Cunningham and got a response with in less then 3 hours to where he would like to talk on the phone and agreeded to a meeting. So I got some info saved, gunna get more info off here tonight to provide to him. Wish me luck.

1. Hb148 papers from Todd.

2. Info on the 300 incindents. (Damn no spell check on here)

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

You mean, since I wrote to Naomi Jakobsson three weeks ago and haven't gotten a response yet I might want to be a little concerned? rolleyes.gif

I don't understand why people keep trying to dispute this 146 incidents thing.

Be it true or not I think the better way to dispute this is showing the number of people saved by the concealed permit holders and guns in general.

You could find many stories online of prevented rapes, muggings and other crimes.

http://gunowners.org/sk0802.htm

The above link provides some of this info with backing by actual studies most are government studies.

Don't try to dispute the 146 thing by calling them liars or trying to prove they padded the numbers as we know they did.

Just use the facts to show that guns are used every day to protect thousands of lives.

Just my take..

Brian

good point i will take that into consideration

You mean, since I wrote to Naomi Jakobsson three weeks ago and haven't gotten a response yet I might want to be a little concerned? rolleyes.gif

hey i was more shocked then anything

Joe,

Thanks for reaching out to me. I'm going to be in Springfield almost every weekday through the end of May. I might have some time to sit down with you next Monday if you would like, but my schedule is pretty tight. If you would rather, please e-mail me your phone number and an idea of what time of day you can talk and I can give you a call while I'm in Springfield this week.

Thanks again,

Bill Cunningham

ABSOLUTELY remind him that the IL Sheriffs, IL Chiefs, Chicago Sgt, Chicago LTs are endorsing RTC!!!!

This, this, this and this. I personally think letting him know about the flaws and misconstrued "facts" of the 300 people would be a good idea too.

All of these things are good suggestions. Don't forget, they're all politicians. They like to talk. Be sure and give them a chance to tell you what they want to know about, then be ready to give them the info, or make notes and get it too them as soon as possible. That necessitates another contact, either F to F or e-mail. Either way, another contact is a good thing!!

AB

Wow... I'm impressed... He sure showed you more respect than D'Amico dished out to Federal Farmer's wife this afternoon. You know, if the guy gives you some time to make your case and then decides he still doesn't agree, well, most people could respect that even if they didn't agree with it or like it. But at least he is showing you respect...

Good luck...!!!

Wow... I'm impressed... He sure showed you more respect than D'Amico dished out to Federal Farmer's wife this afternoon. You know, if the guy gives you some time to make your case and then decides he still doesn't agree, well, most people could respect that even if they didn't agree with it or like it. But at least he is showing you respect...

Good luck...!!!

i have no intentions of arguing or yelling or anything... i respect anyone's opinions, even if they are different then mine... i'm hoping for a good productive meeting, where i can atleast give my ideas and thoughts on this as well as a few other items.

Good luck...!!!

i have no intentions of arguing or yelling or anything... i respect anyone's opinions, even if they are different then mine... i'm hoping for a good productive meeting, where i can atleast give my ideas and thoughts on this as well as a few other items.

Good man. I think that is what separates us from the anti's. We play by the rules. I also think that is why our position will be proven correct....

Archived