FFL for internet purchases?

defaultdotxbe

so im looking to make a purchase or two from budsgunshop.com, and i was wondering if anyone could recommend and FFL to do the shipping/transfer thing (chicago south suburbs)

i dont know what the etiquette is on that, if most shops are OK with, or if they get annoyed when you ask to have them transfer a gun your planning on purchasing from someone else or what...

so im looking to make a purchase or two from budsgunshop.com, and i was wondering if anyone could recommend and FFL to do the shipping/transfer thing (chicago south suburbs)

i dont know what the etiquette is on that, if most shops are OK with, or if they get annoyed when you ask to have them transfer a gun your planning on purchasing from someone else or what...

Go to Gunbroker, they have a "find an FFL" feature that will find FFL's near you that will do transfers and usually what they will charge.

Bud's also has a "find an FFL" in your area:

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/ffl.php

Bud's also has a "find an FFL" in your area:

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/ffl.php

yeah, but they dont give a whole lot of info on them, which is is why i was asking here. i found one i plan to contact though

I'm not sure where you reside.

If you can travel, or reside close to Kenny, he's the man. He's a fantastic guy, and he's very reasonable in his pricing:

kapguns.com or send him a PM.

If you're closer to Bolingbrook, the guy to use is John Scott - Very reasonably priced ($22), and very good to deal with. He's also a preferred FFL on buds:

john<at-sign>on-lineauctionsbyjohn.com

630-333-3709

I wonder how much John at Chucks Gun Shop would charge, they are a supporter of ISRA.

ive wondred that myself, i never see his shop on any of the FFL lists on websites (first time i ever used my FOID was to rent a glock 17 and do some shooting his range lol)

When I called chucks and asked what they charge for a transfer, I thought for sure he was going to laugh. He just paused and said we don't do that here. I said thanks and hung up.

Thiokol. Pm incoming on a local guy for ffl. Took mea handful of calls to get a "legitimate" price for 50 bucks. Suburban sporting goods in melrose park. Midwest guns in lyons charges 100. Sigh.

Illinois gun works charges 50 but you need to show registration paperwork if you live in cook county.

I wonder how much John at Chucks Gun Shop would charge, they are a supporter of ISRA.

ive wondred that myself, i never see his shop on any of the FFL lists on websites (first time i ever used my FOID was to rent a glock 17 and do some shooting his range lol)

When I called chucks and asked what they charge for a transfer, I thought for sure he was going to laugh. He just paused and said we don't do that here. I said thanks and hung up.

Thiokol. Pm incoming on a local guy for ffl. Took mea handful of calls to get a "legitimate" price for 50 bucks. Suburban sporting goods in melrose park. Midwest guns in lyons charges 100. Sigh.

Illinois gun works charges 50 but you need to show registration paperwork if you live in cook county.

Don't doubt a guy that works out of his house, if you find one you like I'm sure he will be easy to work with.

Like Kenny who kept taking my money when I had more disposable income.

Don't doubt a guy that works out of his house, if you find one you like I'm sure he will be easy to work with.

see i was thinking id actualy rather use a guy who works out of his house

i know shops could just refuse to do transfers if they didnt want to, but i cant help but feel they must get a little peeved at having to do the paperwork for a gun you bought from someone else, when they sell the same one right there

i know shops could just refuse to do transfers if they didnt want to, but i cant help but feel they must get a little peeved at having to do the paperwork for a gun you bought from someone else, when they sell the same one right there

That's why many shops set their transfer fee so high, they would rather sell you their gun.

That's why many shops set their transfer fee so high, they would rather sell you their gun.

and most of the time i'd rather buy from a local business, but in this case the gun im looking at is 350 online, and over 600 in the few places ive seen it locally

i'd try to support a local business too. i would have avoided the 100 or 50 dollar transfer fee. the problem was though that the gun i ended up getting they didn't have. and the waiting period was already a year for a customer who was on it since then. which is why i was 'forced' to buy online and get it within the week.

so in my case, they didn't even have it. if they did thouhg, who knows at what price? some of the prices can be pretty extreme....for example the post above me. that's a 250 fifty dollar difference. the difference right that there could be a second handgun (limited) or a case of ammo.

Used a gentleman in Oak Lawn two times.

Nice guy, but very cautious, for all the right reasons.

If you need info let me know, he is off of 103 & Central.

i'd try to support a local business too. i would have avoided the 100 or 50 dollar transfer fee. the problem was though that the gun i ended up getting they didn't have. and the waiting period was already a year for a customer who was on it since then. which is why i was 'forced' to buy online and get it within the week.

so in my case, they didn't even have it. if they did thouhg, who knows at what price? some of the prices can be pretty extreme....for example the post above me. that's a 250 fifty dollar difference. the difference right that there could be a second handgun (limited) or a case of ammo.

theres a few other items on my wish list that are only 50-100 more locally, so i will definitely buy those from a shop around here, but for the 250-300 dollar range, ill just take what i save and spend it on ammo and a range membership lol

i'm pretty sure i know who you are talking about as you would be the 4th person to refer him :rolleyes:

i'm pretty sure i know who you are talking about as you would be the 4th person to refer him :headbang1:

he appears to be popular around here... lol

Yep, say 'hello' to his horse dog for me. :headbang1:

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not sure where you reside.

If you can travel, or reside close to Kenny, he's the man. He's a fantastic guy, and he's very reasonable in his pricing:

kapguns.com or send him a PM.

If you're closer to Bolingbrook, the guy to use is John Scott - Very reasonably priced ($22), and very good to deal with. He's also a preferred FFL on buds:

john<at-sign>on-lineauctionsbyjohn.com

630-333-3709

It looks like John Scott is off the Bud's list.

Pelchers in Lansing charged $50 on an in state gunbroker purchase for me a couple years ago.

Wasn't a regular customer, so they seemed a bit apprehensive.

The seller sent it through his FFL and that apparently made the decision easier for them.

If anyone is willing to share the info for the Oak Lawn guy with me, I'd appreciate it.....PM with info please

Freddie Bear is a pretty decent shop located in Tinley IL. I believe his fee is 50 bucks.

Midwest Guns, but I have never spoken with the staff there. My friends father's brother in law (yeah one of those... hahaha) is an FFL and does all his work for him, but I do not have a direct connection with him as of right now.

If you are willing to wait until this weekend I might be able to make some arrangements for you to hook up with him.

If you cannot wait, then I recommend Freddie Bear. The owner is a pretty decent no nonsense kind of guy, and the staff has been pretty friendly too.

Archived