Looks Like IGOLD Put the Fear in Anti-Rights Crowd!

Molly B.

Looks like Illinois Gun Owner Lobby Day put the fear in the anti-rights crowd!!

The day after IGOLD the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence hired on a contract lobbying group.

Guessing they think they might need back-up! We must really be making headway!

This also means we need to be contacting our legislators before they do!! Legislators should be in their

home offices all this next week. Make an appointment to see yours face to face!

Molly B.

Molly B.

This has GOT to be an effort to stave off concealed carry in Illinois. They are desperately opposed to the right to bear arms and will do what they can to stop it or delay it where they can.

And they go on TV and say "we are not against the second amendment."

Those who know the score know that they are lying through their teeth.

This is not something to take lightly folks. We need to pound, pound, pound the phones, emails, faxes and as many face to face meetings as possible.

I don't know how we can do this with 2,000 members here but it would be nice if Todd could privately provide a list of key reps and senators we should really work on. Cause frankly I'm done wasting 3.50 gas to go talk to my solid pro carry guys!

We can't talk about that kind of thing out here in the open but there must be a way we can do this behind the scenes.

Looks like Illinois Gun Owner Lobby Day put the fear in the anti-rights crowd!!

The day after IGOLD the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence hired on a contract lobbying group.

Guessing they think they might need back-up! We must really be making headway!

This also means we need to be contacting our legislators before they do!! Legislators should be in their

home offices all this next week. Make an appointment to see yours face to face!

Molly B.

Molly B.

Double tapping your name, or just love to see it! ....just pulling your leg.

Guys --

molly is right. I can tell you from being at the capitol this week that they are running scared. the national guys are gonna start pulling out all the stops and dirty tricks to save their beloved, Illinois.

The mayor has ramped up and is twisting tails. he is leaning on reps that have a symapethetic view of the issue. They have come to realize that Otis McDonald is a powerful weapon, and he is making an impact.

We hear they are planning on ramping up things in the city and those black caucus members areas.

Glen Poshard is still trying to rally the troops over the campus issue. he's not having any luck. The campus chiefs are having hissy fits, they are not having much of an impact.

But the race is on. We need to call and write. the best thing that helps is having those who live in a distrcit call their reps or senators. Out of area calls do no good. HOWEVER. with a remap coming up, look at a legislative map, and I would suggest you might be able to call a rep around you if you live close. I would say that, you are calling as there may be a chance they you get drawn into their district this year, and you just wanted them to know how you felt.

If you rep is good, call and say thanks. they don't get enough of those. And they are always welcome.

So the Brady's are upping the ante cause they see they are loosing. Time to raise the bet.

This is not something to take lightly folks. We need to pound, pound, pound the phones, emails, faxes and as many face to face meetings as possible.

I don't know how we can do this with 2,000 members here but it would be nice if Todd could privately provide a list of key reps and senators we should really work on. Cause frankly I'm done wasting 3.50 gas to go talk to my solid pro carry guys!

We can't talk about that kind of thing out here in the open but there must be a way we can do this behind the scenes.

A lot of us know folks or have friends or family who live in Cook County. Please call or email all the people you know there and strongly urge them to contact their legislators and voice their support for Right to Carry - provide them with name and phone numbers if necessary.

A lot is at stake here and the push is on to be heard louder and stronger than the anti-gun lobbyists.

A lot of us know folks or have friends or family who live in Cook County. Please call or email all the people you know there and strongly urge them to contact their legislators and voice their support for Right to Carry - provide them with name and phone numbers if necessary.

A lot is at stake here and the push is on to be heard louder and stronger than the anti-gun lobbyists.

Everyone should go down their contacts list, whether it be in their email, their Rolodex or in their head and think of anyone and everyone who isn't opposed to carry and contact all of them asking for a personal favor to call their rep and their senator. Let them know this is The Big Enchilada, that if there's one thing they can ever do for you, is make this call. Even better, write out a schedule and ask them if you can call them to remind them at a particular time so they don't procrastinate and wind up not doing it. Then ask them if they can think of the same people in their lives that you don't already know and so on and so forth. Let's make this true grassroots.

I'm going to pick 10 people write the leeter myself and have them sign it, find out who their rep is and

I will even supply the stamp.

Just because you are not against rtc doesn't mean you are willing to fight.

Imagine if everyone got 10

And what if those 10 were in or around Chicago. Getting 10 people to call my rep, who is a sponsor of HB148, isn't going to help as much as getting 5 people from around Chicago or other similar area who call a rep who is on the fence and might give us an additional vote we need.

Hi all, I haven't posted here in awhile, had a baby, crazy with work, the usual excuses.

Seeing all that's happening here, one thing that would be really helpful would be if the NRA, ISRA, Illinois Carry or some other organization had a site like NumbersUSA. That way we all could easily click off Faxes to our reps expressing our thoughts on bills going through Springfield. I know NumbersUSA has had a lot of success championing their cause regarding illegal immigration. I don't see why something like that would not work for Illinois 2A proponents.

Archived