Kathy Ryg

Ol'Coach

ETA: Mods, if this belongs elsewhere, please move it.

Browsin' through some old stuff, came upon this campaign flier mailed out by Kathy Ryg when running for reelection in, I think, '08, but maybe 06?

That got me curious. Knew she had left the GA to take the office of president of "Voices for Illinois Children". Out of curiosity, I revisited the Joyce Foundation, searched the grant list under that organization's name, and guess what??

Beginning in 2008, through this year, "Voices for Illinois Children" received grants totaling $257,000. Prior to that, the organization received 2 grants, 2004, 2006, totaling $250,000, each good for 2 years.

Still curious!

post-139-128232386322.jpg

post-139-128232386365.jpg

post-139-128232386501.jpg

post-139-128232386558.jpg

Naomi Jakobsson followed closely with this campaign lit. Naomi is up for reelection this Nov.

Last time, she had a letter to the editor, N-G, disclaiming ties with Chicago. Ha!

This is what led me to her office to confront her, which is when she made the statement to me re: the Browning, "They can be purchased on-line in IL"! I think she never did understand, that was a total misrepresentation of the fact (to put it politely)!

And she got re-elected! Shortly thereafter, introduced the encoded ammo bill in the House, which died in committee.!

post-139-128232523869.jpg

post-139-128232524027.jpg

Champaign County is represented in the GA by 3 Senators and 4 Reps.

Two of the Senators are fine, (Righter, Rutherford) the other is questionable (Frerichs). It's well-known that his last campaign was funded by Chicago. His district includes the UI campus.

Three of the Reps are fine, and then there is Naomi! If you look at the legislative map, you see that Naomi's District, 103, consists almost entirely of the UI campus and nothing else. Surprise, surprise!!! I live 3 minutes from campus and my rep is Cultra, clear up at Onarga!! <_<

But, I'm just repeatin' what I've posted on this site x-number of times!!

• 2 weeks later...

If you look at the legislative map, you see that Naomi's District, 103, consists almost entirely of the UI campus and nothing else. Surprise, surprise!!! I live 3 minutes from campus and my rep is Cultra, clear up at Onarga!! headbang1.gif

But, I'm just repeatin' what I've posted on this site x-number of times!!

Yep. When the Dems control the legislature and governor’s mansion, they keep on setting up disctrits with the sole purpose of keeping Dems in them, not based on actually geography. That’s how Jakobsson is still there. :frantics:

And there are plenty of people stupid enough to see those campaign flyers and take them at face value.

Archived