ICPGV email about HB-182

Tvandermyde

Well it looks like the anti-gunners got wind of their loss.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3422/3830040131_451445b3e9.jpg

Dear donald,

We are extremely disappointed to announce that Governor Quinn signed HB 182 - a bill which would allow individuals to carry concealed weapons into other people's homes - into law yesterday. Gun violence is a serious problem in Illinois, with an average of three residents being shot and killed daily, and HB 182 is a step in the wrong direction for our state.

Looking forward to the 2010 Legislative Session, we must redouble our efforts to pass common sense gun laws and fight against the gun lobby's extremist agenda. We need your help. Please forward this email to your friends, neighbors and co-workers and ask them to sign up for ICPGV action alerts at: http://capwiz.com/icpgv/mlm/signup.

We also want to thank all of you who contacted Governor Quinn and asked him veto this dangerous bill. Please take a moment and email Governor Quinn and express your disappointment in his support of HB 182. To email Governor Quinn, click here.

What they said was true. They just omitted the part where the other person gives you permission to carry your weapon in his/her home. Look, I can do it, too:

"HB-182, the bill that gives property owners the right to decide whether visitors can possess weapons on their property. . . . "

The hotel will be your dwelling. Because thats where you will dwell. No worries there. The problem would be leaving it in your room and some dum maid finding it and caling the police. When I go to hotel I never want them in my room becasue they steal. You think they dont know every hiding spot int he room or the combo to the safe. If you leave te room take t in your car.

I am a travel agent and I think I am going to work on compiling a list of hotels that welcome CC at the corporate level.

Why? Cause then you can carry to hotel events, conferences, wedings, parties, etc where you wont be saying/dwelling.

Does the firearm have to be concealed or can it be either?

The law reads:

(4) Carries or possesses in any vehicle or concealed on or about his person except when on his land or in his own abode, legal dwelling, or fixed place of business, or on the land or in the legal dwelling of another person as an invitee with that person's permission, any pistol, revolver, stun gun or taser or other firearm,

"Carries... OR possesses....... OR concealed. Makes no difference.

UAB

Drylock ... good question ... :lips sealed:

Most of us know what a pain it is to load/holster, then unload and encase, etc. when crossing various lines (eg. the Indiana border). Even though I suspect "on the land" means "on the land" ... can you imagine how inconvenient it might be ...

Let's say you are running errands. You leave the house and put your unloaded, encased pistol in your vehicle. You go to the lumberyard (where the owner is supportive of carry and has given blanket permission for people to carry). You holster up and do your shopping. When you leave, you unholster, unload and encase. Then you go to the grocery store, where no such permission has been given. Then you go to the local Walmart (where let's just hypothetically assume the owner is supportive of carry and has given blanket permission for people to carry). You holster up again and do your shopping. Then for your drive back home, you have to unholster, unload, and encase.

Sheesh ...

Look ... we all know how asinine "no guns allowed" signs are ... and that they might be inviting to criminals. Lott is on to something that the public shootings significantly more often occur in "gun free zones." So imagine, in Illinois, that we come to have the opposite. Instead of businesses having to post "no guns allowed" signs ... imagine businesses posting, at their discretion "lawful carry of guns allowed" signs ...

Sounds good to me....but I can't recall ever hearing about a rape, robbery or assault at a lumber store. I know building supplies are getting very expensive, but....I you're right about one thing.....

Always be aware of what's going on around you and be prepared.

Time for us to email, call, or write thanking Governor Quinn for signing HB182. He took long enough to do it, but finally did. So we should give him some positive reinforcement.

Maybe we could get some gun shops to post signs saying permission is given to anyone entering who can lawfully own a firearm to open or conceal carry in this business. If carry in gun shops became common, when no "wild west shootouts" result it would be publicity that would further our cause.

The addresses are Springfield Office- Office of the Governor

207 State House

Springfield, Il 62706

Phone 217-782-0244

TTY:888-261-3336

Chicago Office Office of the Governor

James Thompson Center

100 W. Randolph

Chicago, Il 60601

312-814-2121

I'm sure the antis will be contacting him. Lets flood him with calls and letters of thanks. I think letters from those in Chicago area would be great, huge numbers of letters from Chicago. Can someone post a link for the email address. I just made my calls and will be writing as well.

As a "WISE ELDER" I'm suggesting everyone do this.

I'm sure the antis will be contacting him. Lets flood him with calls and letters of thanks. I think letters from those in Chicago area would be great, huge numbers of letters from Chicago. Can someone post a link for the email address. I just made my calls and will be writing as well.

Contact form for the governor:

http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Sounds good to me....but I can't recall ever hearing about a rape, robbery or assault at a lumber store. I know building supplies are getting very expensive, but....I you're right about one thing.....

Always be aware of what's going on around you and be prepared.

I had never heard of a quintuple murder taking place at a Lane Bryant dress shop either!! But it happened!!! And a lady had time to get a cell phone out of her purse and call the police, who were only two minutes away. She still died. Had she been able to get to a firearm instead of the phone, would the outcome have been different??? Maybe not. But it wouldn't have been quite so one sided.

Archived