HB-182 -- no longer

Tvandermyde

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: One of my sources at the capitol has confirmed that HB-182 was signed today.

I saw an email of the actions, and we were signed this afternoon. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Barring a really cruel joke, we are moving on up.

congrats guys & gals.

That makes us 2 for 2 this week. time for a cold one and a south of the border seegar. :thumbsup: :pirate: :Drunk emoticon:

Thanks for all your help in making this happen.

AllllRiiiiight!!!

Thanks for your dedication in getting this done from your side. IIRC, there was some long distance negotiation done between you and a legislator or two!!

That's what it's going to take to get other changes made and a RTC bill passed. In-house-behind-the-scenes negotiations supported by grass roots pressure on the phones, faxes and e-mails as well as face to face meetings!!!! We've seen how it works and have some success. Now to move on to bigger fish!!!

Congratulations and thanks on behalf of gun owners throughout this state to everyone and anyone here who made a call, sent a fax or e-mailed a lawmaker on HB182. If any of you enlisted support from other boards that you're memebers of, pass along the thanks and good news!

Tim

Wow I can actually go where I am invited and feel like I can protect myself in their home as well as mine. Now all we needis the right to walk across the street to the friends house and feel safe as we walk.

Thanks to all who took the time to call and write.

I just got a call from the Director of DNR.

He wanted to report on two things, one of them being HB-182 was signed into law today.

Take it as official. I'm sure it will be on the ILGA web page tommorow after they edit it tonight.

Heineken time :thumbsup:

SWEET :pirate:

And you have a good taste for a fine brew !!

Now that it has passed, all that I can say is "It's about damn time"

I know that I will have to re-read HB-182, but Todd can you give us the down and dirty of what is and what is not acceptable situations for carrying a weapon for self defense purposes. Like many others, I would like to know when and where I can carry and under what circumstances !! When does it take affect ? I realize this is not a RTC Bill but it does expand our abilities and I for one would like to know the ins and outs of the legislative intent.

And Thank you for your hard work, I personally appreciate it

KING

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: One of my sources at the capitol has confirmed that HB-182 was signed today.

I saw an email of the actions, and we were signed this afternoon. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Barring a really cruel joke, we are moving on up.

congrats guys & gals.

That makes us 2 for 2 this week. time for a cold one and a south of the border seegar. :thumbsup: :pirate: :Drunk emoticon:

Thanks for all your help in making this happen.

Todd...

I wanna make sure I say this right...

...I believe that us without you, or you without us, none of what's happened since you joined this site would have happened.

Am I makin' sense?

Now...on to LTC!!! (Get my drift?)

I just got a call from the Director of DNR.

He wanted to report on two things, one of them being HB-182 was signed into law today.

Take it as official. I'm sure it will be on the ILGA web page tommorow after they edit it tonight.

Heineken time :thumbsup:

SWEET :pirate:

And you have a good taste for a fine brew !!

Now that it has passed, all that I can say is "It's about damn time"

I know that I will have to re-read HB-182, but Todd can you give us the down and dirty of what is and what is not acceptable situations for carrying a weapon for self defense purposes. Like many others, I would like to know when and where I can carry and under what circumstances !! When does it take affect ? I realize this is not a RTC Bill but it does expand our abilities and I for one would like to know the ins and outs of the legislative intent.

And Thank you for your hard work, I personally appreciate it

KING

King,

I believe Todd is enjoying his Hieniken and seegar. Here's his latest post #8, concerning your question. We're far from RTC, but you can carry in your dwelling, your land, your fixed place of business and now in another's dwelling/land with his/her permission.

Tim

Great, so this means I can finally carry concealed in my own house and the land it is on (backyard, frontyard?) What about open carry?

You have always been able to carry (open or concealed) in your own home, your land or your fixed place of business. Now you can carry on your parents' land, if you have their permission.

Coach -- yes I understand, and it works.

Drylock -- tvandermyd@aol.com NO e on the end of my name for email.

sigma -- it sounds about right, but it doesn't have to be open.

Point of contention. e worked this bill becuase of the problems with handling a firearm at a friends house with ammo close by. Hotel rooms i.e. dwellings where you are staying. Shooting on your friends farm would be a felony.

I know the feelings of a lot of people about RTC. We didn't win this one on that. That was our biggest impedement. That is what the otherside argued against. Just like when unloaded enclosed in a case was codified and cleaned up, six seconds to safety came out -- fanny pack carry. Next thing you know we got three states sttorneys doing a press conferance saying they will arrest anyone doing that. Bills introduced that would get you a felony for using a soft case to transport a firearm and a whole lotta work on my end playing defense for a few internet posts and articles by some guys in oakbrook and Champaign county.

Point being, what the law may allow, and what should be flaunted are two different things. I just don't want to go to veto session in October with bills introduced to repeal this and or screw it up coming right out the box.

Sit back, smile and think about the S**t hitting the fan with the antis tommorow and all the laughs we will get from their handwringing. We've already seen it over Phoenix. Lets just have a nice warm feeling from the fact that they are batting pretty much zero this year. And we have a lot less work to do in six weeks at veto session.

Over the next few months I'm sure things will progress as cops and people become aware of the bill and changes to the law.

But along with that warm smile, cold steel goes well on my hip tonight. Gonna go visit the neighbor.

Pyre -- it doesn't matter. I habd out over 2000 biz cards a year with my email on them. I am pretty easy to find. I signed up onthe brady site and they haven't figured it out yet....

Thanks for the concern. But if people want to get a hold of me I try to make it easy. I won't put my cell number here, but I give it out to those that ask.

and BTW I think my email is listed on the SOS lobbyist website.

Just got back from the neighbors house, he thought it was cool.

Archived