When Will These People Ever Give Up?

Lou

Doya think they'll sponsor a bus from Champaign????

~~~~~~~~~~~~I

CHV Direct

December 12, 2008

Important Event:

On Wednesday, December 17, 2008, Fr. Michael Pfleger is holding a gathering at The State of Illinois Building, 100 West Randolph. In the 600 seat Auditorium at 12 noon, those gathered will remember the youth lost this year to gun violence. The names of all the children in the city who lost their lives to gun violence in 2008 will be called as we honor their memory.

At this event we will also call on our legislators to spend 2009 passing common sense gun laws and changing the Illinois funding structure to devote more funding to education and provide our children with the best opportunities they deserve.

Speakers at this event will include youth as well as Mayor Richard Daley, CEO of Chicago Public Schools Arne Duncan, and Minister Louis Farrakhan. It is important that we fill the auditorium, and show citizens and legislators alike that we are united in our efforts to make Illinois safer and committed to a brighter future for our youth. Please join us and spread the word to others.

Gathering Against Gun Violence

Where: State of Illinois Building, 100 W. Randolph

When: Wednesday December 17, 2008 at 12 noon

Please meet us at the State of Illinois Building Wednesday. If needed, transportation can be arranged through St. Sabina church by calling 773-483-4300. For more information on this event, please visit the St. Sabina website at www.saintsabina.org.

Thank you for your support and dedication to reducing gun violence.

Brought to you by the Illinois Council Against Handgun Violence (ICHV).

Eml: info@ichv.org

Ph: 312-341-0939

www.ichv.org

I would recommend you go, but I don't recommend you wear your I-GOLD hat.

Next time there is SAFR in downtown, how about we drop off few pounds of ammo shells at their office. It's only few blocks away from Thompson Center.... That should get their brains boiling....

Next time there is SAFR in downtown, how about we drop off few pounds of ammo shells at their office. It's only few blocks away from Thompson Center.... That should get their brains boiling....

OK, I'll play dumb, it's easy for me.

What's an "ammo shell"??

If irritation is the goal, I'd rather do it by passing an LTC bill in Illinois this year.

AB

OK, I'll play dumb, it's easy for me.

What's an "ammo shell"??

If irritation is the goal, I'd rather do it by passing an LTC bill in Illinois this year.

AB

My intention wouldn't be to "irritate," just to observe and compare!

Do you suppose they will have a reference to gang affiliation under the apropriate, so called, child's name. I am sure not all of these were in gangs so for those they can put the name of the gang that is responsible for their deaths. Let's see, I'll bet that most of these deaths were the direct result of convicted felons (or juvies) with firearms that were illegal for them to have due to the felony, or handguns that they wouldn't be old enough to have if they weren't felons, in a city where handguns are already illegal.

Nope, these deaths could not have been prevented by the judicial system backing up the laws already on the books, or proper parenting, or any number of other reasons.

We better make up some more laws to further dis-arm the honest, law-abiding citizen.

[sarcasm off]

[Rant Off]

I apologize to anyone I might have offended with this rant and my heart truly does go out to the parents of these children. I can't imagine losing my daughter to some gang-banger out to make a name for himself. What really pi$$e$ me off is when something like this is used so some anti-gun a$$ho!e can get his picture in the paper.

Do you think they'll get as little press coverage as SAFR?

My guess is it'll be all over the news and I wouldn't be surprised if The Messiah dropped in. They'd hafta chase way Calipso Louie first.

Seeing as how it's in the same building as The Governor's office he might drop in too, if he's not already in the Graybar Motel.

I'd like to see a similar kind of rally from a different perspective. Coming at it from another angle and using very rough numbers: 2 million annual uses of a firearm for self-defense in the U.S. divided by 50 states = 40,000 Illinois citizens who COULD HAVE been spared being a victim if LTC was legal. Let's see a rally about that!

Speakers at this event will include youth as well as Mayor Richard Daley, CEO of Chicago Public Schools Arne Duncan, and Minister Louis Farrakhan.

What? Why not our esteemed governor?

Lou ... these people will never give up. I am heartened to know that they are becoming less significant over time.

Daley will have armed guards, as will Farrakhan. They always do.

Speakers at this event will include youth as well as Mayor Richard Daley, CEO of Chicago Public Schools Arne Duncan, and Minister Louis Farrakhan.

What? Why not our esteemed governor?

Lou ... these people will never give up. I am heartened to know that they are becoming less significant over time.

Daley will have armed guards, as will Farrakhan. They always do.

It would be cool to find out who the armed guards were going to be & dig up some history of assault & battery or domestic violence, then ask why they can have guns. When they give you the standard police need them answer pull out the records & point out you have never been charged with these crimes but he can have a gun & you can't. I always thought that would be awesome to pull off at an anti rally.

Speaking of never giving up, check out this "Blast from the Past" ... can you believe it? You can't make this stuff up! In 2000, Blago introduced a bill into the US House called the "Pocket Rocket Elimination Act of 2000."

http://www.vpc.org/press/0007bill.htm

For Release:

Tuesday, July 18, 2000

Naomi Seligman

Violence Policy Center

VPC Lauds Introduction of Blagojevich Bill to Ban "Pocket Rockets"

The Violence Policy Center strongly supports the "Pocket Rocket Elimination Act of 2000." The bill will be introduced today, July 18, 2000 by Representative Rod Blagojevich (D-IL).

The legislation would deal with a deadly new trend in the gun industry: pocket rockets. The dangers of this new breed of handgun is detailed in a new Violence Policy Center study, POCKET ROCKETS: THE GUN INDUSTRY'S SALE OF INCREASED KILLING POWER. The 25-page study details how the gun industry has increased the lethality of its products by producing larger caliber, higher capacity, and more readily concealable handguns in order to boost sales in a stagnant market.

Tom Diaz, VPC senior policy analyst and author of Making a Killing: The Business of Guns in America, joined Rep. Blagojevich (D-IL) to release the study at a news conference in Chicago on July 17, 2000.

Pocket rockets are a dangerous new ingredient in America's firearms brew. These deadly weapons are the latest example of the gun industry's insatiable quest for a higher profit margin—regardless of the number of lives lost in their greedy and deadly venture.

Reports by the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (ATF) and others show that handguns move relatively quickly from the legal trade in firearms into the hands of criminals and youths. Predictably, crime gun tracing data show that as manufacturers have heavily marketed pocket rockets, these tiny but deadly pistols are moving into criminal use at a dramatically increasing rate.

The VPC strongly supports Rep. Blagojevich's legislation to ban these handguns. The legislation would ban the future sale of handgun with an overall length of less than 71/2 inches.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Violence Policy Center is a national non-profit foundation dedicated to the criminalization of firearm ownership in the United States.

And get this (those sneaky ********) ... the full-sized Glock, such as the model 22, is less than 7.5" in length. So they were not proposing to ban only the smallest of pistols, but full-sized handguns as well. Note that Springfield's XD "service pistols" are also less than 7.5".

Ban them for being too big, and ban them for being too small ... talk about nibbling around the edges of our rights. This is why we must never compromise. Ever.

http://www.glock.com/english/index_pistols.htm

The VPC strongly supports Rep. Blagojevich's legislation to ban these handguns. The legislation would ban the future sale of handgun with an overall length of less than 71/2 inches.

"Pocket Rocket" What the hey!!! is that? Is that something like an "assault weapon" where they make up this evil name and then go one step further to define it in the widest possible way?

I guess when you don't have the facts on your side you make stuff like this up. :laugh:

"Pocket Rocket" What the hey!!! is that? Is that something like an "assault weapon" where they make up this evil name and then go one step further to define it in the widest possible way?

That was PRECISELY the intent.

For those of you Illinois Carry readers that have not yet figured out how the gun control people work, this is a perfect example. Fabricate > distort > popularize > prohibit.

That is exactly how they did it with "assault weapons" and now that wholly incorrect descriptor is a household name. Their target audience has no clue, and it's our job to educate them.

Archived