Reports on Winnebago Board Meeting 6/10/08

Kenny

I'll be there as well...

I just left a voicemail for Dave Smith over at WIFR. He is their news director.

Trying to get that tape...

I'm also going to be calling some of the big whigs, like O'Reilly and Lou Dobbs about the upcoming meeting...

I figure they are pro-gun and might be interested... don't know if I'll get through though...

If anyone has any others I should try as well, let me know... Sean Hannity also comes to mind...

If we can get just one, we can put this on the map to national attention!!!

I think we should all camp out at the Sherriff's the night before they start issuing.

I'd love to be towards the front, having worked for CCW since 1999.

ckmorley

I wouldn't be surprised if the first permits are some of the board members so that they can be involved in the law suit.

Also I don't think they will issue non-Winnebago county residence permits.

I'll be there as well...

I just left a voicemail for Dave Smith over at WIFR. He is their news director.

Trying to get that tape...

I'm also going to be calling some of the big whigs, like O'Reilly and Lou Dobbs about the upcoming meeting...

I figure they are pro-gun and might be interested... don't know if I'll get through though...

If anyone has any others I should try as well, let me know... Sean Hannity also comes to mind...

If we can get just one, we can put this on the map to national attention!!!

How about Glenn Beck? Or just for chits and grins, Limbaugh?

Or for real chits and grins, what do you think Ted Nugent might say on a cable news/talk show? I remember he commented on the stupid FOID laws in IL, saying that only two areas required a gov't card to get a gun, IL and Cuba.

Well I'm guessing the people over at WNTA aren't going to interview me today...

They said they would call between 8-9am to prep me and then I'd be on sometime between 10-1pm today.

I have not gotten a call and the 10am show has started...

I hope they got someone from our side to do it, like Fred... :thumbsup:

if we can still record it, it should be good audio if they did get someone from our side...

I will post it for download and streaming...

I think we should all camp out at the Sherriff's the night before they start issuing.

I'd love to be towards the front, having worked for CCW since 1999.

ckmorley

Well, I've been quietly gathering all the paperwork mentioned for qualifying for the permit. But since I've been mostly on the sidelines, I do believe I'd give up my first place position in line to Polhms1....he's done more for this than any other non-County Board Member, I think.

Second in line is good. I'd take second.

Well I'm guessing the people over at WNTA aren't going to interview me today...

They said they would call between 8-9am to prep me and then I'd be on sometime between 10-1pm today.

I have not gotten a call and the 10am show has started...

I hope they got someone from our side to do it, like Fred... :thumbsup:

if we can still record it, it should be good audio if they did get someone from our side...

I will post it for download and streaming...

Slappy, Call them at 815-874-8255 and tell the producer who you are

Slappy, Call them at 815-874-8255 and tell the producer who you are

im on hold right now to get on there live...

Go for it my friend...We are all in this together

As I told Kane this morning, "Son, you won't hear me say this very often, but we spent too much time at the bar last night." :thumbsup: We ended up pulling over to sleep in El Paso and rolling in a little after 4:00 a.m., so if I seem incoherent, it's only because I am. I think we won the distance award. A few things in no particular order.

1. It was great to meet everybody, and thanks to the Buzzards and Kenny for buying rounds (Kane had three root beers, and it was a good thing I was there to be his designated driver.) The meeting was amazing, the hall was amazing, the energy in that place was great! Downstairs were cases full of the artifacts of American soldiers from the revolution to the present day; upstairs we debated how to bring ourselves back into compliance with the Constitution. Good stuff.

2. Buzzard, you asked me when the Chicago School District would bus its students to an anti-gun rally again, remember? Well, I wasn't expecting this, but the answer is TODAY. They're busing the students into Soldier Field to protest and demand gun control, and apparently principals were told to "recruit" students some time ago. This is what we're up against. We have people like you and me who take their own time and money to fight for what we believe in, and they have the power to conscript cannon fodder out of their public babysitting service to fill the seats. Game on.

3. I do have video of almost everyone who spoke, but I haven't watched it to see how good the audio is. I'm hoping that having the camera under the loudspeaker helped catch the audio, but a lot of people were pretty quiet. I had to resist the urge to shout "LOUDER" a few times.

4. The "real media" can spin it any way they want, but we have video of all the speakers. We also have video of Sheriff Meyers explaining at length that he is "not an obstacle to concealed carry" and he has "never met a law-abiding citizen who would have frightened (him) if they'd turned out to be carrying a handgun." We have video of the extensive applause and the ovation when he finished.

5. I need to finish my new PC before I can edit the video into a format that can be posted on the web. If there's somebody out there who can do it now, I'll gladly next-day mail you the original min-DV tapes. Otherwise it'll be at least a few days and I can't promise it'll be up in time for the board meeting on the 12th.

6. I'd feel best if I had permission from people who spoke to use their likenesses. If you spoke and don't mind having your likeness used, please post to that effect in the thread I will now start. Thanks.

7. Kane (my 11-year-old son) wrote something while listening to the speakers at the meeting and showed it to everyone at the end. Here's what he wrote, with only the spelling and punctuation cleaned up:

I think we should have concealed carry. I believe that we should have concealed carry because what if some day you have to protect yourself and you can't? What would you do? I believe that people should not be hurt just because they can't protect themselves.

I have two brothers. One of my brothers is just a baby. Let me give you an example. What would we do if someone was trying to hurt our family? Would would we do?

I think my mom and dad should be able to protect my family. That is why we should pass concealed carry.

As I told Kane this morning, "Son, you won't hear me say this very often, but we spent too much time at the bar last night." :thumbsup: We ended up pulling over to sleep in El Paso and rolling in a little after 4:00 a.m., so if I seem incoherent, it's only because I am. I think we won the distance award. A few things in no particular order.

Don, when you get the video done, let me know... I will host it and stream it from my website for us...

***********QUICK THOUGHT*****************

once winnebego starts issuing permits we need to start getting other CCW states to recognize the permit, the more places outside IL that will honor the permit the dumber the guys springfield look. It would add legitimacy to it AND make it easier to get other counties on board. :thumbsup:

BTW can a non county resident get a winnibego permit???? ;)

Hehe,I actually got on as well.I was "Dennis",the one that sounded like a hick. LOL

You didn't sound like a hick...I am proud of each and every one of you

I hope everyone can listen after the news. Chuck Prorok who is undecided on the CCW issue. He is a candidate for Winnebago County States Attorney. I am interested in hearing what he had to say now that the Sheriff came on board with us. I was as surprised as everyone when the sheriff made his statement.

I hope everyone can listen after the news. Chuck Prorok who is undecided on the CCW issue. He is a candidate for Winnebago County States Attorney. I am interested in hearing what he had to say now that the Sheriff came on board with us. I was as surprised as everyone when the sheriff made his statement.

Sorry for the lousy typing!!!!

Thanks, Slappy. Kane and I are watching the video on the second tape right now, and it looks like the Sheriff is loud and clear. So is the large gentleman near the end who told the story of stopping a carjacking in Rockford with his handgun, and MikeW from the ISRA. That gives me hope that all the audio will be OK.

Let me see if I can just get the whole thing saved as a raw video file on my ancient computersaurus here. If I can, I'll send it all to you and you can edit it as you see fit.

Thanks, Slappy. Kane and I are watching the video on the second tape right now, and it looks like the Sheriff is loud and clear. So is the large gentleman near the end who told the story of stopping a carjacking in Rockford with his handgun, and MikeW from the ISRA. That gives me hope that all the audio will be OK.

Let me see if I can just get the whole thing saved as a raw video file on my ancient computersaurus here. If I can, I'll send it all to you and you can edit it as you see fit.

Let me know... I'll see about boosting the gain on it for the audio...

I want to leave it completely UNEDITED though... proof of a complete record and all that...

I will lower the resolution and make it more web friendly though...

I am (snap) really getting (pop) tired of making (snap) thest buttons (pop) I am (snap) going to (pop) finish what (snap) I have for (pop) materials. I ordered (snap) more materials (pop) today. I have (snap) 500 more sets (pop) coming in. (snap) Friday. (pop)

Archived