NIU Naperville Forum – Gun Violence Monday, April 14th at 7:00pm

Nate7out

Wow! Great job tonight, HUGE PRO-RIGHTS TURNOUT!!!

I can't believe how nervous the ICPGV people were trying to give their presentation!

Excellent. Thank you for being there.

Can you give us any more details? How many from our side were there, approximately? How many from the ICHV? Did any gun owners get an opportunity to speak? Was the ICHV spiel just the usual dog and pony show?

Wow! Great job tonight, HUGE PRO-RIGHTS TURNOUT!!!

I can't believe how nervous the ICPGV people were trying to give their presentation!

Excellent. Thank you for being there.

Can you give us any more details? How many from our side were there, approximately? How many from the ICHV? Did any gun owners get an opportunity to speak? Was the ICHV spiel just the usual dog and pony show?

I just got back from the Naperville/NIU event and it was the single most lopsided forum I have ever witnessed. There were about 150 in the audience and 4 ICPGV presenters. Without exaggeration, my best guess would be that of the approx 150 in the audience there might have been less than 5 anti's with most of the remainder outwardly pro 2A. The panel took a real beating at the end of their presentation when no fewer than 20 pro2As stood at the microphone for the next 1/2 hour and gave the panel a real tongue lashing. This included the president of the ISRA who made a few "retaliatory verbal" trips to the mic to counter the blatant lies of the ICPGV.

That's just . . . s-w-e-e-e-e-e-t!

Thanks guys--I think I can safely speak for all of us in saying that we're grateful that you were there to present our side.

continued...The panel members were composed most of the time but near the end they were highly agitated, faces turning several shades of red and noticably not making eye contact with anyone. Through most of the panel presentation the audience was respectful of their right to speak (thier lies) and there were just a few in the audience who could not refrain from outbursts a few times but I suppose thats to be expected.

Thank You Indeed, Sounds like a great turn out for us!

There were about 4-5 television cameras there including CLTV, WBBM. BigChris of IllinoisCarry did a fantastic job with his beautiful handouts and a few of us help put in eager hands. Unfortunately I can't type fast enough here so I'll just do what I can and other IllinoisCarry members that were there can also fill in the blanks.

What will be interesting now is seeing if the other side tries to spin this (but how?) to look good for them, or just sweep it under the rug.

I suppose we can all make up our own headlines so let me be the first...

"Gun-owning criminals-in-wait launch unprovoked assault on friends of Daley"

Good job to all!!

Were there any ladies there representing our side to really "ice the cake"??

I understand there was a mother there, of a college student. She stood up to speak on concealed carry, and how it might have carried the day at NIU. Apparently after her talk, one of the news crew asked her into the hall to interview her.

Good job to all!!

Were there any ladies there representing our side to really "ice the cake"??

Yes...one woman spoke quite well (forceably logical and coherent thoughts) at the mic representing the female/parental view and after she sat down a newsman asked her to step outside to, what I would guess presumably, to further elaborate her views.

Just got home from there myself.

Every major tv station was there with their dish in the air, so there may be some coverage on the news tonight.

It was a real down home bbq. I was shocked at the turnout, but it made me very happy to see all the pro 2A folks there. Crowd really got cranked up when Mr. Young brought up Chucks and trace data.

They are still using their lopsided DuPage county poll, which everyone there knew was bs.

Got to meet some illinois carry folks too.

All in all, a good night.

Well I saw my self and pphuff during the flash of the crowd on CLTV

I asked them during our mic time

What's their advice for us to protect our lives, our families and our property?

This response was to close "Chucks Gun Shop", luckily Rich stepped in to give them heck

How does a 100 pound lady defend herself against two 200 pound goons bent on raping her?

The lady responded by saying she took self defense classes.

What will be interesting now is seeing if the other side tries to spin this (but how?) to look good for them, or just sweep it under the rug.

I suppose we can all make up our own headlines so let me be the first...

"Gun-owning criminals-in-wait launch unprovoked assault on friends of Daley"

"Gun Nuts Lash Back At NIU Gun Protestors"

"Gun Nuts More Concerned About Their Rights Than Common Sense Laws?"

"Facts Overcome Emotion At Gun Violance Rally" (ya right)

Thank You Indeed, Sounds like a great turn out for us!

There were about 4-5 television cameras there including CLTV, WBBM. BigJohn of IllinoisCarry did a fantastic job with his beautiful handouts and a few of us help put in eager hands. Unfortunately I can't type fast enough here so I'll just do what I can and other IllinoisCarry members that were there can also fill in the blanks.

I handed out everyone of the handouts I had.

And then I gave out my No Guns = No Money cards to as many people as I could

I also gave out everyone of the Maps I made that had www.GunMap.org on the front and the pro 2a map on the back.

I'd say the $30 I spent in copying was well worth it.

Every major tv station was there with their dish in the air, so there may be some coverage on the news tonight.

It was a real down home bbq. I was shocked at the turnout, but it made me very happy to see all the pro 2A folks there. Crowd really got cranked up when Mr. Young brought up Chucks and trace data.

They are still using their lopsided DuPage county poll, which everyone there knew was bs.

Racer...am I exagerating the numbers of pros and antis there?....I say about 150 pro and a small handful of antis; if that...and I say antis only because I couldn't definitively say one way or the other. Most all of the pros were obvious.

Racer...am I exagerating the numbers of pros and antis there?....I say about 150 pro and a small handful of antis; if that...and I say antis only because I couldn't definitively say one way or the other. Most all of the pros were obvious.

I'd say you were right on the money. I was guessing 150-200 in attendance. I doubt more than 10 of them were anti's, and that's including the 4 on the panel...

The lady responded by saying she took self defense classes.

So I guess that makes her a registered Assault weapon ..........

Note I asked Security when I left the seating capacity is App:185

My estimate Pro isra 150 anti's >10 and I'm being generous.

The Blonde presenter in Black looked like she wanted all of us to stand in the corner for punishment......... :sad:

I thought a few of us were going to get sent to the principals office! She looked like she was going to have kittens. I feel sorry for her husband (if she has one) Because she's going to be in a bad mood for a while remembering this evening. The news media also looked very disappointed as they realized who the crowd compromised of........ US!

Note for future: Security in that building considering it was supported by NIU form a 2 month anniversary of their incident was a joke.

Archived