Photo

03 FFL (C&R) Bound Book Template

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
35 replies to this topic

#1 SmershAgent

• Admin
  • 4,376 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 04:07 PM

I use this file to document my C&R transfers. Just print it out and keep it in a folder or binder.

Attached Files

My right to own a gun protects your right to tell me I can't

#2 mack69

"The surely one"

• 4,232 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 06:13 PM

I use the same thing Smersh...also have a pdf version.
Attached File  Bound_Book.pdf   35.92KB   5370 downloads
"The defense of our liberties is first at the ballot box, then the soap box, then the jury box and finally, failing all else, the cartridge box"
"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."

-- George Orwell

#3 TTIN

si vis pacem, para bellum

• Members
  • 3,525 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 08:05 PM

Can I ask a dumb question? I assume that "name/FFL" means person's name and FFL number,but what does "name/add" mean?
Thanks.
Patrick Henry: "Are we at last brought to such a humiliating and debasing degradation, that we cannot be trusted with arms for our own defense".

"God made men,but Colt made them equals"

"Guns don't kill people..husbands who come home early do" -Larry The Cable Guy

"Illinois: Will the Defendant Please Rise?"

"si vis pacem, para bellum"

#4 GlockShooter

• Members
  • 3,160 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 08:39 PM

Can I ask a dumb question? I assume that "name/FFL" means person's name and FFL number,but what does "name/add" mean?
Thanks.

I believe it's short for Name/Address.

Gun control is not about guns, it's about control. Once they have all the guns, they'll also have complete control.
abolt243

#5 TTIN

• Members
  • 3,525 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 08:49 PM

Thanks.

I believe it's short for Name/Address.

AHHHHH that makes sense.Thanks.
Now I really feel dumb because I couldn't figure that simple thing out! :)
Patrick Henry: "Are we at last brought to such a humiliating and debasing degradation, that we cannot be trusted with arms for our own defense".

#6 GlockShooter

• Members
  • 3,160 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 08:54 PM

No biggie. I'm still trying to figure out how much more it would have cost to add the extra 4 letters. :)

Gun control is not about guns, it's about control. Once they have all the guns, they'll also have complete control.
abolt243

#7 TTIN

• Members
  • 3,525 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 09:45 PM

Let me ask something else....NFA refers to machine guns and GCA just says that you have to be 21 and a non-felon,right? I have been reading about C&R,and the ATF site says that you can buy/posses anything that is over 50 yrs. old as long as it is in it's oridginal configuration,right?

#8 GlockShooter

• Members
  • 3,160 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 09:54 PM

I actually got my C&R application in the mail today. Over 50 is the general requirement, but htere are many others. The BATF website has a detailed list of what falls into the C&R realm.

abolt243

#9 TTIN

• Members
  • 3,525 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 10:26 PM

I actually got my C&R application in the mail today. Over 50 is the general requirement, but htere are many others. The BATF website has a detailed list of what falls into the C&R realm.

Yes I have been to their site,and they say anything over 50.BUT,it also says in accordance with the NFA and GCA,which I want to make sure that I understand all of that.

#10 SmershAgent

• Admin
  • 4,376 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 11:31 PM

Yes I have been to their site,and they say anything over 50.BUT,it also says in accordance with the NFA and GCA,which I want to make sure that I understand all of that.

Your understanding is correct. A C&R approved firearm is still subject to all applicable NFA and GCA provisions. Regrettably the former is irrelevant for IL (plus NFA C&R items are prohibitively expensive for most people, but Gunbroker usually has a nice MP40 once in a while for
~$20K).
My right to own a gun protects your right to tell me I can't

#11 Slappy

• Members
  • 3,102 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 12:43 AM

Your understanding is correct. A C&R approved firearm is still subject to all applicable NFA and GCA provisions. Regrettably the former is irrelevant for IL (plus NFA C&R items are prohibitively expensive for most people, but Gunbroker usually has a nice MP40 once in a while for
~$20K).

So you're saying I can't get around the full auto issue by buying one that is a Curio? bummer...
SAFR Subsite

Illinoiscarry Document Repository

Thanks to everyone who has contributed! Lets keep em coming!

#12 TTIN

• Members
  • 3,525 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 11:31 AM

~$20K).

So you're saying I can't get around the full auto issue by buying one that is a Curio? bummer...

Not in this great state!!

#13 GlockShooter

• Members
  • 3,160 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 08:38 PM

Regarding the C&R application, there's a section where they ask for your "Position and SSN". What do they mean by "position"?

abolt243

#14 RacerDave6

• Supporting Members Team
  • 2,601 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 10:06 PM

Regarding the C&R application, there's a section where they ask for your "Position and SSN". What do they mean by "position"?

Check this site. It will walk you through it line by line
http://www.surplusri...ffl03/index.asp
Firearms are not a talisman against evil. When used properly, they are an antidote to evil. T.Dunn

"Shoot the bad guy and keep shooting him until he stops doing whatever it
was that got him shot in the first place."

Match Director-IDPA at ASC
United States Riflemans Asscn instructor
NRA Certified instructor
NRA & ISRA member
Illinois Firearm Concealed Carry License instructor

#15 dan

• Supporting Members Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 05:38 PM

Well after a long nine week wait I got the 03 FFL today in the mail. Monday I make the copies and mail some out. Can't wait to get started. :lol:
'Those who hammer their guns into plows
will plow for those who do not.'
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

The strongest reason for the people to retain
the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,
to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

Member NRA ISRA GOA SAF OATH KEEPERS

#16 Federal Farmer

David Lawson

• 9,297 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 11:24 AM

I just got my C&R license this weekend!

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men [and women] stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

--George Orwell

-- Certified something-or-other by various organizations and governmental entities.

#17 GarandFan

• Members
  • 11,729 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 03:54 PM

Nice!
"It takes all the running you can do just to keep in the same place."
Lewis Carroll, 1872

#18 Paper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 08:49 PM

Do yourself a favor and burn all your credit cards. :thumbsup:
Congressmen should wear uniforms like NASCAR drivers, so we could identify their corporate sponsors..........

#19 Federal Farmer

David Lawson

• 9,297 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 05:30 PM

Just got in my first C&R purchases from SOG. Thing is, they didn't send me anything but the guns. No FFL #, etc. I don't have anything to put in my book except the shipping address from the UPS boxes.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men [and women] stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

--George Orwell

-- Certified something-or-other by various organizations and governmental entities.

#20 Paper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 05:45 PM

Just got in my first C&R purchases from SOG. Thing is, they didn't send me anything but the guns. No FFL #, etc. I don't have anything to put in my book except the shipping address from the UPS boxes.

That's all that's required in the book. Not sure why they don't list their physical address anymore, but if you want to toss it in the book, it's 240 Harmon Ave in Lebanon, OH 45036

I'd put both mailing and physical address to CYA.. You can't put too much info in the book about who you bought from or sold to..

So, whatcha buy?? I'm on my way down to UPS to pick up a couple CZ82's that they tried to deliver today. :thumbsup:
Congressmen should wear uniforms like NASCAR drivers, so we could identify their corporate sponsors..........

#21 Federal Farmer

David Lawson

• 9,297 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 06:04 PM

That's all that's required in the book. Not sure why they don't list their physical address anymore, but if you want to toss it in the book, it's 240 Harmon Ave in Lebanon, OH 45036

I'd put both mailing and physical address to CYA.. You can't put too much info in the book about who you bought from or sold to..

So, whatcha buy?? I'm on my way down to UPS to pick up a couple CZ82's that they tried to deliver today. :thumbsup:

CZ-82, Romanian Tokarev, and a K98.

--George Orwell

#22 Paper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 06:06 PM

Excellent!! I have a Tok in the order, too.

You'll enjoy that CZ, as well as the others.

Now, go burn your credit card.. :thumbsup:

#23 Paper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 08:51 PM

Just opened up my box and was very happy with the CZ's (1987 and 1988) and also the Tok (1953)..

As I looked on the packing slip/invoice I noticed that they have their FFL # listed on the invoice. :thumbsup:

#24 Paper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 09:12 PM

Aw Crap!! I thought that number looked familiar.. It's my number, not SOG's.. :thumbsup:

Please disregard that last post.. :DOH:

#25 GarandFan

• Members
  • 11,729 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 12:35 AM

FF ... when you get a chance, can you give us some of the particulars about the 98k?
"It takes all the running you can do just to keep in the same place."
Lewis Carroll, 1872

#26 Federal Farmer

David Lawson

• 9,297 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 04:30 PM

From regulations, it appears I am OK storing firearms at a 'storage facility' away from my licensed location, which had me worried for a bit. It will be odd to have firearms I can't bring to my C&R FFL licensed location...lol.

--George Orwell

#27 ChiShooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 05:21 PM

I stumbled upon this thread and now it got me curious. Do you guys think someone living in Chicago could get C&R license ?

#28 billzfx4

• Members
  • 1,800 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 05:51 PM

I stumbled upon this thread and now it got me curious. Do you guys think someone living in Chicago could get C&R license ?

Sure you can.
Don't mistake my kindness for weakness. I am kind to everyone, but when someone is unkind to me, weak is not what you are going to remember about me.

#29 Federal Farmer

David Lawson

• 9,297 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 06:24 PM

Yes, I have one.

--George Orwell

#30 bushyfan24

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 11:42 PM

Based upon info from guys here and other forums getting the license is no problem. However, finding a dealer willing to do mail order to you is next to impossible. Ill probably get one just in case I run into something at a gun show.

Edited by bushyfan24, 15 February 2012 - 11:46 PM.