Call to Action 4/20/2017 - Phone Calls & Witness Slips Needed!

mauserme

Call to Action

Phone Calls & Witness Slips Needed

Thanks to your past efforts, SB1524 Concealed Carry Military is now eligible for a vote in the full Illinois Senate! This is the bill to allow military personnel permanently stationed in Illinois the same right to protect themselves and their families that others living in Illinois now possess. We hope to bring this bill to a vote in the Illinois Senate soon.

Phone Calls Needed!

Support SB1524 Concealed Carry Military

Beginning Friday, April 21, please call your State Senators to show your support for this bill. Politely ask them to Vote Yes on SB1524. Explain to them the importance of giving back to those who have dedicated themselves to our safety, by dedicating themselves to supporting SB1524 Concealed Carry Military.

Special Instructions for Forum Members: Please send me or Molly B a private message if your senator has indicated their postion on SB1524.

Oppose SB1657 Gun Dealer Licensing

Also eligible for a vote in the Senate next week is SB1657 Gun Dealer Licensing, a bill meant to close specifically targeted gun stores in the Chicago area and make operation of gun stores elsewhere difficult to impossible. This bill is filled with unspecified fees and exorbitant fines, as well as invasions of the privacy of every gun store patron in Illinois.

While speaking with your state Senator or their staff, tell them that you oppose SB1657. Ask them to Vote No on SB1657, should it come to a vote.

Contact information can be found here.

Witness Slips Needed!

A final item of concern in the coming week is HB2541 Gun Dealer Licensing, which is scheduled to be heard in committee the afternoon of Monday, April 24, 2017.

This bill mirrors the Senate dealer lcensing bill mentioned above. If passed out of committee it will give the anti-gun forces a second chance at this onerous legislation, should they fail in the Senate. We must make every effort to keep this bill safely in committee by filing witness slips against it.

File Witness Slips Now!

In order to avoid completing each field manually, Log on to your ILGA Dashboard or Create a New Account if you haven't already created one, then return to this email and click on the links for each witness slip. If you do not wish to create an account, simply click on each witness slip link and complete the required fields manually:

I, IDENTIFICATION: Enter your personal information. Enter "NA" for the Firm/Business or Agency and Title fields unless you are officially representing an organization.

II. REPRESENTATION: Enter "Myself" unless representing an organization.

III. POSITION: Unless instructed otherwise for a particular bill leave the description field at its default value "Original Bill". Indicate your position by selecting the "Proponent" or "Opponent" radio button.

IV. TESTIMONY: Select the "Record of Appearance Only" radio button.

If filing manually, complete the Captcha challenge and agree to the ILGA Terms of Agreement.

Then click Create Slip.

OPPOSE

Witness slips can be tracked here.

###

My senator's administrative assistant said that they're voting on SB1657 Gun Dealer Licensing this coming Tuesday, that's enough time to send some e-mails, and I always call again the day of the actual vote, because I've found that the admins start a little tally of the calls the day of - I'm not sure if they add in the calls and e-mails from previous days - IDK. but I do know they keep a simple tally of the calls they got that morning leading up to the vote and they give it to the senator before he goes to the Senate Floor.

Archived