Photo

Mance v. Lynch (CA5 Interstate Handgun Transfers)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 skinnyb82

• Members
  • 7,083 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 02:09 PM

Figured I'd start a new thread for this case. Don't have any of the appellate briefs but anyone familiar with this case will understand the discussion during orals. Actually listening to Mance orals and the panel is already eviscerating the government. Judge asked government lawyer what state has a law stating that a firearm must be purchased inside the state. He couldn't answer the question. Then he proceeded to admit he hasn't read the briefs from the district court. Judges seem very bothered by the federal government sticking its nose into state business.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

NRA Member
SAF Member
C&R License Holder

#2 solareclipse2

• Members
  • 2,267 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 03:57 PM

This guy sounds like a bumbling fool.

I WILL LOSE EVERY ARGUMENT FROM NOW ON, I WILL WALK AWAY FROM EVERY FIGHT OR CONFRONTATION, I WILL TAKE THE HIGH ROAD.

#3 Hipshot Percussion

• Supporting Members Team
  • 3,162 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 04:07 PM

I'm not trying to poke fun at this lawyer, but in all honesty, hows does someone who isn't able to put two sentences together without stumbling, mumbling and sounding as incoherent as Fenster in "The Usual Suspects" ever become a trial lawyer?  It just makes no sense.

“I have fought the good fight to the end; I have run the race to the finish: I have kept the faith."  Timothy Chapter 4 verse 7

"Legitimate self-defense has absolutely nothing to do with the criminal misuse of guns."   Gerald Vernon, veteran firearms instructor

New Gunner Journal

#4 transplant

• Supporting Members Team
  • 2,621 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 04:53 AM

Is the link gone?

#5 skinnyb82

• Members
  • 7,083 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 09:11 AM

It just worked for me but I'll post a link to CA5's oral argument audio. Either plug in Gura for the attorney or plug in Mance (too many cases with Lynch as named defendant) for case title.

http://www.ca5.uscou...ment-recordings

And yes, I too cannot believe that bumbling idiot is an Assistant Solicitor General. He can't argue his way out of a paper bag. Then again the panel did go after Gura and it was like a gang beating.

Sent from my VK700 using Tapatalk

Edited by skinnyb82, 20 May 2016 - 09:13 AM.

NRA Member
SAF Member
C&R License Holder

#6 solareclipse2

• Members
  • 2,267 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 09:16 AM

And yes, I too cannot believe that bumbling idiot is an Assistant Solicitor General. He can't argue his way out of a paper bag. Then again the panel did go after Gura and it was like a gang beating.

Sent from my VK700 using Tapatalk

I think they want to side with Mance and (at least to me) redirected Gura into making the right arguments. The panel lead the other guy straight into a brick wall. 

In any event, it was not well argued on any front. 

I WILL LOSE EVERY ARGUMENT FROM NOW ON, I WILL WALK AWAY FROM EVERY FIGHT OR CONFRONTATION, I WILL TAKE THE HIGH ROAD.