Photo

Attention All Guests!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

#1 Lou

Resident Old Guy

• Supporting Members Team
  • 10,855 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 07:09 AM

I've noticed that a lot of guests are dropping in and viewing the various topics here.

If you find things here that interest you, please sign up as a member.

I promise nobody will ask for money - REALLY! This is a grass roots effort and all costs are born by those who volunteer.

You can register with a first name of a nickname if you'd like but please join and learn how you can make a difference.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. -  George Orwell

A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again. 

#2 Blaster

Site Founder

• Admin
  • 2,790 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 07:43 AM

Welcome t-hawk.
No man's life, liberty, or property is safe while the legislature is in session.
-Mark Twain

Sometimes ya gotta cause a little fruckus.
-Colleen Lawson

Certified NRA Pistol Instructor
Certified Illinois Concealed Carry Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
Life Member- ISRA
Member- NRA

#3 Rusty Shackleford

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 08:17 AM

Hi everyone.

I've popped in and out of here for quite some time and found this site to be wealth of information.

Didn't mean to be anti-social or anything by not registering sooner, I just never seemed to have anything much to contribute.

I tried posting here last night but for some reason my home computer kept giving me an error message each damn time. :rolleyes:

But anyways this is always the first place I look for the goins on in Springfield.

#4 SmershAgent

• Admin
  • 4,376 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 08:21 AM

Welcome aboard, and thanks for signing up as a member.
My right to own a gun protects your right to tell me I can't

#5 Ashdump

• 4,646 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 10:12 AM

Hi everyone.

I've popped in and out of here for quite some time and found this site to be wealth of information.

Didn't mean to be anti-social or anything by not registering sooner, I just never seemed to have anything much to contribute.

I tried posting here last night but for some reason my home computer kept giving me an error message each damn time. :rolleyes:

But anyways this is always the first place I look for the goins on in Springfield.

Hi Rusty! Have you met Dale Gribble yet? Seriously, welcome aboard! Glad to have you!

#6 oneshot

• Members
  • 6,710 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 03:27 PM

holy cow you aren't kidding! I saw 58 guests lurking on here this morning! Never paid any attention before really. I wonder how many are interested gun owners and how many are from the opposition? :thumbsup:

Arms are the only true badge of liberty. The possession of arms is the distinction of a free man from a slave. - Andrew Fletcher 1698

#7 mack69

"The surely one"

• 4,232 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 07:53 PM

From what we can see it appears that there are a lot of bots hitting the site, not necessarily individuals....
However, if there are folks out there interested...register and join in please! We look forward to meeting you!
"The defense of our liberties is first at the ballot box, then the soap box, then the jury box and finally, failing all else, the cartridge box"
"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."

-- George Orwell

#8 Lou

Resident Old Guy

• 10,855 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 06:15 PM

Bump it to the top.

Hey Blaster - can we make this a Sticky?

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. -  George Orwell

A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again. 

#9 Lou

Resident Old Guy

• 10,855 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 06:16 AM

By golly it is a sticky now

#10 Lou

Resident Old Guy

• 10,855 posts

Posted 19 August 2007 - 06:48 AM

Bump up. :cheer:

#11 tplane37

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 835 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 03:13 PM

Rather it's interested gun owners, fence sitters, or even anti's lurking around, I would welcome any and all to join. Since it is free there is truly nothing to lose. Even with the anti's coming aboard. From what I have seen from my journeys and conversations/debates, many of those who favor excessive gun control are simply misinformed or have had tragic experiences in their lives that have led to their dismay towards ALL firearms. With this, I say again that i would invite all interested parties to join in on the conversations. As said above, we are a grassroots group, mostly your average Joes and Janes. Individually, we are nothing more than people devoted to a cause, but by coming together and remaining organized, we get things done.

If any of the guests have read some of my own posts, you may know that I stand for educating children in the safe handling and operation of firearms. I firmly believe that every child and every adult should at least be educated on firearm safety, regardless if they like or hate firearms, and regardless of the fact that many may never use one for any purpose. But the sad reality is that the "accidents" that occur are generally due to negligence in safe handling.

There are various opinions through out the members of IllinoisCarry, and all are welcome. The only thing we ask prior to voicing your opinion is that it be done in a respectful manor and that you be prepare to listen with an open mind, because someone will also put their $.02 in...but that is how we learn, we are open and willing to new ideas...and we are willing to teach from the knowledge we have gained.

To those who are members, I am proud to be part of such an honorable cause fighting to regain the Civil Rights that our Founding Fathers sought for each and every American. Y'all have known where I have stood in the past and where I will continue to stand in the future so that the generations to come can enjoy the freedoms Americans were intended to have, though we ourselves may never get to experience those freedoms purely.

To those Guests who are reading this, you are already interested, but have yet to join...sign up, pour a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and join in for some good conversation. I can say from experience, you will learn something you may have never known you were interested in! :w00t:
I gave an oath when I enlisted in the United States Navy,

"...to defend the Constitution of the United States of America, against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

Though I may no longer be enlisted, and no longer have an obligation to the U.S. Navy, I still have a moral obligation to my country, my freedom, and the protection of my family.

I will stand by that oath for as long as I live.

Freedom's not free, the day we quit fighting for it is the day we will loose it.

"When seconds count, the police are only minutes away." Author: unknown

"The Constitution of the United States was made not merely for the generation that then existed, but for posterity -- unlimited, undefined, endless, perpetual posterity." -Henry Clay

#12 BL33D 4 M3

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 05:39 PM

Hi all. :)

BLEED FOR ME, I'VE BLED FOR YOU

#13 Jeff Watts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 06:41 PM

Welcome aboard!
Posted Image

#14 BL33D 4 M3

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 07:01 PM

Welcome aboard!

Thank you, sir.

BLEED FOR ME, I'VE BLED FOR YOU

#15 pyre400

Political opinions expressed are always my own.

• Admin
  • 7,728 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 07:48 PM

Welcome!

#16 eric2281

The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves.

• Members
  • 2,032 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 10:31 PM

Welcome aboard! :)
"Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men" ~ Monsignor (Boondock Saints)

"Lack of interest has it's price... as we're stripped of all our rights" - KMFDM

"Q: How can you tell if a politician is lying? A: Their lips are moving" - Lou

NRA & ISRA Member / Member of the Rifles & Roundels society Posted Image

#17 skrapyard

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 09:41 AM

well...i guess i should man up and say howdy. Ive been lurking here for a while just soaking up the info presented :headbang1: I gotta give you all a big thanks for the info you have put together on this site. I may not have anything to contribute with legal info but I'm here for support....now what was it we are supporting again? :headbang1: Oh yeah, now i remember! Those things we consider our "rights" here in America! BTW see you all at SAFR, I already took the day off work and I'm dragging a bunch of supporters with me. The more the merrier!
When you're betting for stones in an archery contest, you shoot with skill.
When you're betting for fancy belt buckles, you worry about your aim. And when you're betting for real gold, you're a nervous wreck. Your skill is the same in all three cases - but because one prize means more to you than another, you let outside concerns weigh on your mind. He who looks too hard at the outside gets clumsy on the inside. -Chuang Tzu

#18 pyre400

Political opinions expressed are always my own.

• Admin
  • 7,728 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 12:00 PM

well...i guess i should man up and say howdy. Ive been lurking here for a while just soaking up the info presented :headbang1: I gotta give you all a big thanks for the info you have put together on this site. I may not have anything to contribute with legal info but I'm here for support....now what was it we are supporting again? :headbang1: Oh yeah, now i remember! Those things we consider our "rights" here in America! BTW see you all at SAFR, I already took the day off work and I'm dragging a bunch of supporters with me. The more the merrier!

Fantastic, see you around - I will be going for SAFR too!!