Photo

Another CTA shooting - red line train station

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
26 replies to this topic

#1 BrowningHP

• Members
  • 1,604 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 12:34 AM

Yet another act of gun violence in an "illegal firearms only" zone:

https://mobile.twitt...000159142264832

#2 Mr. Fife

Nip it

• Members
  • 4,175 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 12:44 AM

http://www.chicagotr...1224-story.html

December 25, 2014, 12:31 AM

Three people were wounded, two critically, in a Christmas Eve shooting at the CTA Red Line's 95th Street station, according to police..

A woman was shot twice in the stomach and once in the chest and a man was shot in the arm. Both were taken to Advocate Christ Medical Center in critical condition, police said. Another man suffered a graze wound and was taken to St. Mary's Hospital.

Have all boated who fish?

#3 Mr. Fife

Nip it

• Members
  • 4,175 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 12:47 AM

BTW, that's illegal.

#4 chislinger

• Members
  • 6,109 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 12:49 AM

Must have missed all the "no guns" signs.
"I'm not worried about following the U.S. Constitution." - Washington County, Alabama Judge Nick Williams

#5 Joebillybob

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 08:06 AM

95th! South end of the redline! Whodathunkit !

#6 solareclipse2

• Members
  • 2,241 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 08:07 AM

Actually I catch the red line there every morning and get off there every day. I have not seen one "no guns" sign.

My wife saw a stabbing last week waiting to pick me up after work. How bad does it have to get before I can defend myself in places like this?

I WILL LOSE EVERY ARGUMENT FROM NOW ON, I WILL WALK AWAY FROM EVERY FIGHT OR CONFRONTATION, I WILL TAKE THE HIGH ROAD.

#7 MightyWhitey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 08:20 AM

They need more signs in the stations.

Edited by MightyWhitey, 25 December 2014 - 08:21 AM.

Sarcasm.....................Just another service I offer.

#8 WtJen

• Members
  • 4,296 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 08:23 AM

Actually I catch the red line there every morning and get off there every day. I have not seen one "no guns" sign.

My wife saw a stabbing last week waiting to pick me up after work. How bad does it have to get before I can defend myself in places like this?

Obviously citizen you don't understand the big picture here. If you and others were allowed to carry and defend themselves, then the state could not make the case that guns are the problem. They would have to admit that criminals are the problem and not guns. We can't be having that.

Pick up that can on your way out of the station.

Edited by WtJen, 25 December 2014 - 08:34 AM.

The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.--Ayn Rand

#9 BobPistol

• Members
  • 8,329 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 09:55 AM

They would have to admit that criminals Democrat Voters are the problem and not guns. We can't be having that.

FIFY

The Second Amendment of the Constitution protects the rest.

#10 BrowningHP

• Members
  • 1,604 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 10:34 AM

Nah, they just know they only apply to FCCL holders. They should post a more generic no firearms sign. ;)

#11 chislinger

• Members
  • 6,109 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 10:53 AM

In the 2nd pic of the Tribune story you can see the GFZ sign about halfway up on the pillar on the left side of the entrance.

Edited by chislinger, 25 December 2014 - 10:53 AM.

"I'm not worried about following the U.S. Constitution." - Washington County, Alabama Judge Nick Williams

#12 C0untZer0

Contributing Member in Arrears

• Members
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 10:54 AM

I'm surprised this story hasn't been spun by the anti-gunners into a call to prohibit guns within 1000 feet of CTA stops.

Mayor Bloomberg himself has recently turned his attention from oversize soft drinks to gun control, confirming the tendency of the Progressive to go from nanny to tyrant.
- N. A. Halkides -

“There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters” 
- Daniel Webster -

The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule. 
- H. L. Mencken -

“Any government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take away everything you have."

#13 BrowningHP

• Members
  • 1,604 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 11:21 AM

Most of the CTA stations have been adding the sign over the last 2 months or so.

Nice that the Illegal Firearms Only sign was caught in the pic.

Also thanks to Hap for adding this to the CTA crime thread, I didn't do it as it was still developing when i posted it.

I'm surprised this story hasn't been spun by the anti-gunners into a call to prohibit guns within 1000 feet of CTA stops.

Hey, we could make the CTA a Safe Passage Zone.

#14 solareclipse2

• Members
  • 2,241 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 11:23 AM

In the 2nd pic of the Tribune story you can see the GFZ sign about halfway up on the pillar on the left side of the entrance.

That's recent. That's really recent. Has to be in the last month or so. I'm not making that up either.

I WILL LOSE EVERY ARGUMENT FROM NOW ON, I WILL WALK AWAY FROM EVERY FIGHT OR CONFRONTATION, I WILL TAKE THE HIGH ROAD.

#15 Mr. Fife

Nip it

• Members
  • 4,175 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 11:37 AM

Maybe the sign was too small and the perp didn't see it?

#16 BobPistol

• Members
  • 8,329 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 11:50 AM

Another addition to the long list of CTA crime thread.

#17 Googe1227

• Members
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 11:57 AM

I was at a Xmas party on Tuesday night talking with a CPD buddy of mine. Conversation turned to CCL and whether or not I carry on CTA. I told him of course I don't cause it's a prohibited place. He is obviously armed everywhere he goes and even so he's still on high alert when riding the red line. He was of the same opinion as the rest of us; the law is crazy because public transportation is where law abiding citizens in Chicago need their firearms the most.
"The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." - James Madison
NRA, ISRA, GOA, SAF

#18 BobPistol

• Members
  • 8,329 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 12:00 PM

Or maybe the perp doesn't know how to read (because he went to Chicago Pubic Skools)

#19 BrowningHP

• Members
  • 1,604 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 05:30 PM

Another addition to the long list of CTA crime thread.

Still no incidents of FCCL holders' guns leaping out of holsters and killing innocent bystanders.

#20 Googe1227

• Members
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 08:32 PM

Or maybe the perp doesn't know how to read (because he went to Chicago Pubic Skools)
Hey, my kids all attend CPS bobpistol! Although, they are my genius offspring, get straight A's and attend Jones College Prep.
"The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." - James Madison
NRA, ISRA, GOA, SAF

#21 aka

• Supporting Members Team
  • 1,017 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 09:16 PM

They would have to admit that criminals Democrat Voters are the problem and not guns. We can't be having that.

FIFY

There are a lot of Democrat Voters who disagree with the no guns on CTA policy. I am one of those voters.

Thank you

AKA

--------------------------------
IL CCW License Instructor
NRA Chief Range Safety Officer
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Member
Glock Armorer

#22 ljnowel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 12:25 AM

FIFY

There are a lot of Democrat Voters who disagree with the no guns on CTA policy. I am one of those voters.

Do you vote for anti gun democrats? If you do then you support that policy with your vote.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#23 BrowningHP

• Members
  • 1,604 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 01:45 AM

Yup they won't get the message until they lose votes

#24 2A4Cook

Old and Cranky

• Members
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 02:24 PM

Voting D in Illinois as a 2A supporter ... uhm ....

#25 vezpa

Illinoiscarry.com Funnyman

• Members
  • 4,320 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 05:14 PM

Just a stupid thought but the signs can throw a gangbanger off.  They must have read the bottom of the sticker that says:

Persuant to 430 ILCS 66/65

and realized they could carry there because they weren't carrying under the Illinois Law.

Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those

who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.

- Thomas Jefferson

#26 dadude999

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 06:22 PM

Voting D in Illinois as a 2A supporter ... uhm ....

I do that, unless it's a major anti-gunner (for instance, my "lovely" State Representative, one Kelly Cassidy...), in which case I don't vote that contest.

I can confirm Bryn Mawr is posted.

#27 solareclipse2

• Members
  • 2,241 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 10:25 PM

I can confirm Bryn Mawr is posted.

They must be taking their time rolling them out. I'm going to have to check out Irving Park because I haven't noticed one there when I get on or off.