Photo

Pro 2A resolution - Archive

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2132 replies to this topic

#2131 Chris

Furthering our cause through information overload.

• Admin
  • 4,710 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 08:30 AM

Hey what do we know about DeKalb County?

Is the board run by NIU People?

Who here is from DeKalb county as well?
Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little.
- Edmund Burke

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Posted Image

#2132 SirMatthew

• Members
  • 2,117 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 10:32 AM

Hey what do we know about DeKalb County?

Is the board run by NIU People?

Who here is from DeKalb county as well?

I'm not from there, but have worked on this a little. The first contact I made was early in April of 2008 with an email to Chairman Ruth Anne Tobias, who also works at NIU where they shooting took place. The last contact was a similar email to all board members on April 24. I didn't get replies from any of them, despite being very sensitive to the NIU shooting event. I think it is going to take some in-person efforts.

Here is the link to their website: http://www.dekalbcou...unty_board.html
Here is the link to their board members with contact info: http://www.dekalbcou...cb_members.html

Sorry this isn't more helpful.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means." -- Thomas Jefferson to John Colvin, 1810.

#2133 Ol'Coach

• Members
  • 11,520 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 11:12 AM

I notice that SCCC has an organization at NIU.

Should I try contacting the spokesman there? Or would someone up that way do so?
"He who rides a tiger is afraid to dismount."
...Chinese proverb