Wrong TCN Number Delays Approval

quackersmacker

I applied on 1/4 and when I applied I entered the TCN number. After I was done I looked everything over and there was a clickable link on the TCN number and when you click it it showed my picture. When I did my LiveScan they took a photo of me. After about a few weeks that clickable link was no longer there.

Did you guys take photos? Did you check that link after you applied? I dont think this caused my Denied but just wondering.

When I get my CCL I will post a note around my house to start the renew process 1 year in advance since I would not want to deal with this 90/120/365 thing then. Drylok is right they say jump and we say HOW HIGH. We ask for a little communication and they quote the law, make things up, read a script, etc. bottom line we get no answer and no respect.

75 day +/-, if you dont count the time I was also UBR. I am at a loss. I'm starting to feel like I want my money back so I can move to a state that respects me and my rights.

Just for fun... I sent my UT and AZ Monday. I think I will get those before I get IL. I'm giving odds...

Yes, It could be something as simple as that. I just looked at the number that was highlighted in yellow and thought that was the TCN # but the number starts on the right side of the receipt (very small print) and goes across with a large space where they write a number in. Very confusing! My email from ISP did state that with the correct TCN that I would be able to rejoin the 90 day people with prints. Without the whole number you do not have prints according to ISP and you go to the 120 day period.

Correction it starts on the left side and goes across to the right at least on my live scan receipt.

Well unfortunately I don't believe this is the issue I am having, I went back and checked my paperwork and I believe I entered the TCN correctly and in its entirety. As as I think back on it, the lady who did my prints was excellent and very helpful and made sure to highlight letters vs. number and etc.

I am unsure of how the TCN works, but what I entered was 16 characters long...

Firefly, you may have entered it correctly, but you may have been given the wrong number by your fingerprinter. That's what happened to me.

FWIW, got a letter from ISP by snail mail today. It alerted me to the TCN problem and said I was going into the 120 day bucket unless I sent them a correct number. The letter is dated and postmarked March 17. I did not send the email that started this thread until the evening of March 17, so it would definitely appear that the ISP was attempting to be proactive on this issue, in all fairness to them.

Anyway, they have the correct number now after our email exchange and they say all's well............but I'm still UR. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.........

Firefly, you may have entered it correctly, but you may have been given the wrong number by your fingerprinter. That's what happened to me.

FWIW, got a letter from ISP by snail mail today. It alerted me to the TCN problem and said I was going into the 120 day bucket unless I sent them a correct number. The letter is dated and postmarked March 17. I did not send the email that started this thread until the evening of March 17, so it would definitely appear that the ISP was attempting to be proactive on this issue, in all fairness to them.

Anyway, they have the correct number now after our email exchange and they say all's well............but I'm still UR. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.........

I sent the ISP an email, hopefully they get back to me early tomorrow in case I need to get this fixed. Again, I have no knowledge of how the TCN works but I struggle to understand how your photo and everything showed up on your app yet they are telling you your TCN was incorrect....seems strange.

Firefly, the part that seems weirdest to me is this: if they know your fingerprints are INcorrect, then presumably they already know what your CORRECT fingerprints look like...............right?

The whole thing is crazy. And after all, they don't really need the prints anyway, hence the 120 day scheme.

What a system. Only in ILL-ANNOY !!!!!

I

Firefly, the part that seems weirdest to me is this: if they know your fingerprints are INcorrect, then presumably they already know what your CORRECT fingerprints look like...............right?

I think they're just talking about cases where the TCN number came back to someone else's name or was invalid. They're not comparing new prints with old sets.

My wife and I have been under review since 1/5, after seeing this thread I sent an email to ISP and was informed both of our TCN's are invalid.I contacted our livescan vendor and was told they had many such calls and the problem was an upload a the Firearm Services end. They claim the ISP vendor verified the TCN's as valid. Really not sure what to do now.

Yippppeeeeekiiiiiiiiiyyyyyaaayyyyyaaay!

Approved. Status now shows "Active", with my "Concealed Carry Application Number" , my "Concealed Carry License Number", and expiration date of 3/21/2019. Whew...............!

Please do yourself a favor and contact the ISP if you think you're being excessively delayed. The squeaky wheel may not get the grease, but at least it gets noticed.

Seems a lot of folks are having these TCN issues. Good luck, everyone!

Q

I also contacted them been waiting since 1/5 68xx application number. My tcn numbers were invalid. I contacted vendor and demanded a refund and I am also demanding they fix the problem. Oh well go figure...we all knew this would happen. It just gives the antis more time talk to business owners and post no gun signs.

I also contacted them been waiting since 1/5 68xx application number. My tcn numbers were invalid. I contacted vendor and demanded a refund and I am also demanding they fix the problem. Oh well go figure...we all knew this would happen. It just gives the antis more time talk to business owners and post no gun signs.

And I take it you have not received any sort of letter from the ISP regarding this issue?

We are aware of several circumstances regarding the fingerprint process for CCW that resulted in applicants being sent a letter from ISP. If you are experiencing any issues with the fingerprint portion of the CCW application process and Accurate Biometrics captured your fingerprints, please email us immediately at info@accuratebiometrics.com. We work closely with ISP to address inquiries as they are received.

Ok, I received an email from my vendor today confirming this was an ISP problem. Then I received an email from ISP as follows: "We have added the TCN you provided below and it is valid. You will not have the ability to view this information, as it was entered on our end. Thank you for the information." So ISP utilized my original, valid TCN and confirmed this was a problem with their system.

My receipt had two numbers listed on it, and neither registered as correct when I entered them into the application on 1/4/14. I called the Livescan vendor and they said the reason was the ISP didn't always propogate their database with livescan numbers until a few days after the prints were taken, so the only thing to do was wait. The application took and I was able to submit payment on 1/5/14.

After seeing several other posts about incorrect livescan TCNs, I emailed the ISP asking how things were going with my application and transcribed everything on my receipt as well. The next day I received a snail-mail letter dated from the day before I sent the email. It just informed me I was bumped into the 120 day pile because the TCN was incorrect. After the weekend the ISP responded to my email - turns out the two numbers on my receipt was actually the entire TCN with a large space in it. By large, I mean 3/4 of an inch. The entire receipt is handwritten on a small form, so it was an oversight by my tech.

My TCN ended up being a 16 character string of letters and numbers beginning with LS.

Ok, I received an email from my vendor today confirming this was an ISP problem. Then I received an email from ISP as follows: "We have added the TCN you provided below and it is valid. You will not have the ability to view this information, as it was entered on our end. Thank you for the information." So ISP utilized my original, valid TCN and confirmed this was a problem with their system.

Do you by chance know what your vendor emailed to the ISP, I believe I am in the same situation but my vendor is clueless as to what needs to be done to fix it.

My vendor spoke with personnel at Bureau of Identification at ISP on the telephone. As I understand it, the issue related to how the system was reading my TCN. The TCN, it turns out, was valid and the number was correctly entered on my app, but was originally coming back as invalid. This was not the vendor's fault or even their issue. They worked with ISP to get it straight.

I understand that other applicants have actual problems with their prints, i.e., the TCN is valid but the prints are unreadable, etc. That was NOT the issue with my app.

Do you by chance know what your vendor emailed to the ISP, I believe I am in the same situation but my vendor is clueless as to what needs to be done to fix it.

Your vendor just needs to contact the Bureau of Identification with your TCN to find out if the issue is related to the quality of your fingerprints or something else. They should also tell their people to scan and email their fingerprinting receipt with the TCN on it to Ask_CCL@isp.state.il.us with their name, D.O.B. and application number in the body of the email. This assumes that the vendor provides their customers with a receipt that contains a LEGIBLE TCN.

Your vendor just needs to contact the Bureau of Identification with your TCN to find out if the issue is related to the quality of your fingerprints or something else. They should also tell their people to scan and email their fingerprinting receipt with the TCN on it to Ask_CCL@isp.state.il.us with their name, D.O.B. and application number in the body of the email. This assumes that the vendor provides their customers with a receipt that contains a LEGIBLE TCN.

Thanks for this info!

What the hey!!!?????? I call the number for the ISP yesterday. After being on hold for 25 minutes I told the person on the other end of the phone I was calling to check the status of my application. I was told "We can't check the status here". I asked her why when you call does it say "To check the status of your FOID or Conceal carry License press 0? She could not answer and reiterated that they cannot check the status of any application. So next I emailed ccw_illinois@isp.state.il.us with the following: Hello,
I am writing to see if there is a problem with my application. I applied on
01/06/2014 and submitted prints. My application number is 6902. I called
the number to check on my status and I was informed they could not check my
status. The reason I am writing is I am seeing several people who have
applied almost a full month after me already have their license. If there
is something wrong with my application could you please let me know so I
can correct it. I know I still have 13 days before my 90 days is up but I
just want to make sure that there is not any incorrect information that may
delay you from issuing my license. I thank you for your time.

I receive a response today:

The TCN you submitted on your application was invalid. This has moved you
to the 120 days to process time frame. Please contact your Live Scan
vendor to research what the problem is. If you receive a corrected TCN, we
can enter this information onto your application. Thank you.

Were they ever going to tell me this? 12 days until my 90 is up. I should have known. Typical Illinois workers, Nobody takes the initiative.

Any how. I replied back with the corrected TCN number. Let's see if this gets fixed before my 90 is up.

What the hey!!!?????? I call the number for the ISP yesterday. After being on hold for 25 minutes I told the person on the other end of the phone I was calling to check the status of my application. I was told "We can't check the status here". I asked her why when you call does it say "To check the status of your FOID or Conceal carry License press 0? She could not answer and reiterated that they cannot check the status of any application. So next I emailed ccw_illinois@isp.state.il.us with the following: Hello,

I am writing to see if there is a problem with my application. I applied on

01/06/2014 and submitted prints. My application number is 6902. I called

the number to check on my status and I was informed they could not check my

status. The reason I am writing is I am seeing several people who have

applied almost a full month after me already have their license. If there

is something wrong with my application could you please let me know so I

can correct it. I know I still have 13 days before my 90 days is up but I

just want to make sure that there is not any incorrect information that may

delay you from issuing my license. I thank you for your time.

I receive a response today:

The TCN you submitted on your application was invalid. This has moved you

to the 120 days to process time frame. Please contact your Live Scan

vendor to research what the problem is. If you receive a corrected TCN, we

can enter this information onto your application. Thank you.

Were they ever going to tell me this? 12 days until my 90 is up. I should have known. Typical Illinois workers, Nobody takes the initiative.

Any how. I replied back with the corrected TCN number. Let's see if this gets fixed before my 90 is up.

Yeah, that's pretty aggravating. Mistakes happen, but there's really no excuse for not letting someone know about it.

Not to worry, they have their marching orders:
The Department of State Police may use moneys in the Fund to finance any of its lawful purposes, mandates, functions, and duties under the Firearm Owners Identification Card Act and the Firearm Concealed Carry Act, including the cost of sending notices of expiration of Firearm Owner's Identification Cards, concealed carry licenses, the prompt and efficient processing of applications under the Firearm Owners Identification Card Act and the Firearm Concealed Carry Act, the improved efficiency and reporting of the LEADS and federal NICS law enforcement data systems, and support for investigations required under these Acts and law. Any surplus funds beyond what is needed to comply with the aforementioned purposes shall be used by the Department to improve the Law Enforcement Agencies Data System (LEADS) and criminal history background check system.

Archived