Is there a condensed version that runs down the list? I like to read this from time to time to refresh my memory, but it is a long list full of legal jargon and quite wordy. A condensed version would be great for those on the go or in a hurry so they can quickly reference what is legal and illegal.
I find this handy to fold up and carry.
Illinois Concealed Carry Prohibited Places:
1) Public or private elementary or secondary school.
2) Preschool or child care facility
3) Buildings under the control of an officer of the executive or legislative branch of government.
Does not include areas regulated by the Department of Natural Resources where firearm possession is permitted under the Wildlife Code.
4) Circuit courts, appellate court, or the Supreme Court.
5) Local government buildings
6) Adult or juvenile detention or correctional institutions, prisons, or jails.
7) Public or private hospitals or hospital affiliates, mental health facilities, or nursing homes.
8) Mass transportation (bus, train) and any building or real property.
9) Restaurants that serve alcohol if more than 50% of revenue is from alcohol sales. Restaurants must post.
10) Public gatherings or special events open to the public that requires a permit from the unit of local government, shall not apply to a licensee who must walk through a public gathering in order to access his or her residence, place of business, or vehicle.
11) Special Events while a Retailer's license to sell alcohol is in effect.
12) Public playgrounds.
13) Municipal public parks, athletic areas, or athletic facilities. Does not include a trail or bikeway where only a portion of the trail or bikeway includes a public park.
14) Cook County Forest Preserve District.
15) Public or private community college, college, or university.
16) Casinos and inter-track wagering locations.
17) Stadiums, arenas, or any collegiate or professional sporting event.
18) Public libraries.
20) Amusement parks.
21) Zoos or museums.
22) Nuclear facilities and their parking areas also a prohibited place.
23) Locations where concealed carry is prohibited by Federal law such as: Federal Courthouses, Federal Buildings, Post Offices, and any other Federally prohibited areas. (and controlled parking lots)
Parking lot exemption: except for nuclear facilities and federally controlled parking lots, your vehicle is considered a safe haven and license holders may store their loaded firearm in a locked container or in a container in a locked vehicle. In a prohibited location, you may store your firearm in the trunk of your vehicle.
"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams