Need a good carry belt

WindyCityGuy

Ordered an Armour and a Hanks.

I have been wearing a handmade horsehide single layer belt for 4 years and while it is of the highest quality and handmade, it has stretched a little and has softened up a lot in the hard-use wear that it has endured.

At $40 the Hanks was worth trying, and I'll have a couple of choices that I can compare.

best

mqqn

I have a fairly large waist at 42.". My Hanks Amish belt stayed straight for about 6 monthes. They definitely do stretch with "heavy" use. I still use it now and then but I switched to an Uncle Mike's kydex reinforced "instructors" style belt. The difference is night and day. I think the Amish belt would work great for people with a waists in the mid 30" range and below but it doesn't really compare to a purpose built, reinforced gun belt.

Am I the only one who just uses a plain ole leather belt?

Been wearing it everyday for maybe 20 yrs

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

With a holstered gun on it?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

yep. I do not everyday carry. but when i do, I use a regular belt. I probably paid $10 for it at TJ Maxx or some other discount shop

For range drills, i have a paddle holster and also 2 extra mags. for concealment, i have a leather/kydex holster with 2 belt clips. Both holsters go over pants AND belt and I have never had any sagging or other issues.

I'm not trying to be a smartass, I'm just curious if anyone else has passed on using an expensive belt

I just received my Hanks Amish CCW belt and I'm a bit underwhelmed. Its soft and not really the 1/4' thick they claim. I'll be putting it to the test this weekend with a govt 1911 and a few heavy mags of .45ACP and see if it holds up. For the record I am used to a nylon instructors belt with the insert and to get a leather with that kind of support I may have to look at a double stitched custom made belt. I'm still saving for a Zacks.

I've always stuck with nylon (Ares, 5.11, Boxer, Wilderness) for range/class use; but I need a black and brown leather belt now. All the leather belts I've ever had have stretched/sagged just with normal wear, no holster. So I am really apprehensive about buying an expensive leather belt... I wish Maxpedition still had the Liger belts...

Bobapunk: you might look at Daltech Force's website, they have a belt called the Indestructible Bio belt. Description is a polyester webbing core covered in a thermoplastic polyurethane.

Sure sounds like the Liger belt material to me. $46.95 and uses a typical buckle.

Thanks!

Damn..I wish I had known about that BIObelt before I bought my Hanks!

I actually only noticed it today, after I got notice that my dual layer leather belt would ship tomorrow.

I bought a 1.75" so if I decide I still need a 1.5" also I'll give the BIO a try.

Let us know how you like it if you grab one Boba.

....you might look at Daltech Force's website, they have a belt called the Indestructible Bio belt. Description is a polyester webbing core covered in a thermoplastic polyurethane.

Sure sounds like the Liger belt material to me. $46.95 and uses a typical buckle.

Thanks for the heads up on this one. After reading up on the Liger and reading the reviews on the Bio I am taking a chance on it and ordered the Bio.

I have no problem with my FnF bought Wrangler with a super tuck, but it is just leather and it is going to stretch, a lot. I have a 5.11 tactical series(5 lines of stitching) and it is awesomely stiff and works great for the limited OWB I do, but it isn't 'normal' looking and when I wear it with some clothes with fewer loops it can ride up over the hems it will wear on skin in short order.

Well, I did it. I finally picked a belt. Thanks to everybody who provided input. Your insight was pondered extensively. I went with the Daltech Force Super Stiff. I ended up buying 2. I got 1 in black, and the other is brown. Thank you very much for everybody's input in this process.
I'm curious to see how you like these belts , I'm interested in buying a couple , post up your thoughts after you have tried it out..

Received mine from Daltech today, 1.75" double layer bull hide (no stiffener). 9 holes spaced .75" apart.

Very happy with the quality out of the box, looks nice and very heavy. It certainly fills the loops on my jeans, but it does slide through them. It's a real chore to get buckled, the buckle "nail" (?) will barely go through the holes. I'm sure that will get better though.

Some pics:

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/20/u9uda8uv.jpg

Simply Rugged holster with Kahr CW9, belt is stiff enough to hold the gun up while sitting on the floor.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/20/equseja7.jpg

Belt thru the 1.75" holster slots (the holster isn't sliding anywhere once you've got everything on!)

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/20/asepuhe8.jpg

I bought a hanks amish belt, works great. I also bought a carhartt leather belt at the same time. The leather is about 3/16" thick and works really well with my XDS or my XD when I carry. Havne't been wearing it enough to tell if the belt is stretching but its working so far. http://www.amazon.com/Carhartt-Mens-Anvil-Belt-Black/dp/B0031U0PP6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1395920588&sr=8-1&keywords=carhartt+belt

I was talking with an instructor Saturday. He bought a very well made and heavy duty leather work belt at Walmart that he uses. I think he said it was $9. It looked very sturdy.

One of the local gun shop owners used to use those kinds of belts while tending his store. The longer he used it, the more it leaned out and finally the belt stretched so much there was no ignoring it. I'm pretty sure he could have carried a roll of toilet paper in the V formed between his body and the gun.

Bob, I promise any belt you can find at Walmart won't work for long if it works at all. I used to think folks were nuts, talking about. $70 belts and such, but I'm a believer now. I started with a reinforced nylon instructor belt and it worked ok but I wanted a bigger belt. The 1.75 double layer belt makes a huge difference!

Archived