HB4715 - Firearms Registration

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#31 Blackcat44

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 06:04 AM

Here is the bio of the sponsor of this bill.

Representative Kelly M. Cassidy (D)
14th District
Posted Image
Springfield Office: 265-S Stratton Office Building Springfield, IL 62706 (217) 782-8088 (217) 782-6592 FAX District Office: 5533 North Broadway Chicago, IL 60640 (773) 784-2002 (773) 784-2060 FAX Email: repcassidy@gmail.com
Years served: May 2011 - Present

Committee assignments: Appropriations-Public Safety; Human Services; Labor & Commerce Committee; Restorative Justice (Vice-Chairperson); Public Benefits Subcommittee (Sub-Chairperson).

Biography: LGBT rights activist and organizer; former legislative director for the National Organization for Women; former legislative aide to state Sen. John Cullerton; former Deputy Director of Intergovernmental Affairs and Director of Programs and Development in the Cook County State's Attorney's Office; one of only two openly gay female legislators in General Assembly; has three children.

Yea, you should have heard some of the things that came out of her mouth during the CCL bill last session. If you didn't that is. That's where my comment earlier in this thread came in, "This isn't soup yet!!!", she said that MANY times about the CCL bill, "This isn't soup yet"!

Thanks for that comment, I have several thoughts come into my mind but will keep them off here.

#32 Hatchet

• Supporting Members Team
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 06:09 AM

I just say for every ridiculous bill they post, we do the same. They want registration? We want all class 3 NFA. They want to ban guns? Constitutional carry. Just match there bill with one of our own.
"Loyalty to the country always. Loyalty to the government when it deserves it."
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." (Winston Churchill).

#33 BShawn

• Members
  • 2,522 posts

Probably a good choice LOL!
Posted Image
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Why do I carry a handgun? Well, look at it this way -- I keep a fire extinguisher in my house. I don't expect to have a fire; indeed, it's highly unlikely. But in the unlikely event of fire, not having the means to stop the fire could result in serious property loss or personal injury to myself and my family. Neither do I expect to be a victim of violent crime; indeed, it's highly unlikely. But in the unlikely event of a violent crime, not having the means to stop the criminal could lead to serious property loss or personal injury to myself and my family. It is simply a matter of common-sense prudence."
GarandFan, 2007
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Drawing any line only restricts law abiding people from crossing such a line. The "line" doesn't exist for criminals so we have to support the second amendment.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The only thing that will stop a bad man with a gun, is a good guy with a gun"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#34 BShawn

• Members
  • 2,522 posts

I just say for every ridiculous bill they post, we do the same. They want registration? We want all class 3 NFA. They want to ban guns? Constitutional carry. Just match there bill with one of our own.

Agreed!
Posted Image
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Why do I carry a handgun? Well, look at it this way -- I keep a fire extinguisher in my house. I don't expect to have a fire; indeed, it's highly unlikely. But in the unlikely event of fire, not having the means to stop the fire could result in serious property loss or personal injury to myself and my family. Neither do I expect to be a victim of violent crime; indeed, it's highly unlikely. But in the unlikely event of a violent crime, not having the means to stop the criminal could lead to serious property loss or personal injury to myself and my family. It is simply a matter of common-sense prudence."
GarandFan, 2007
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Drawing any line only restricts law abiding people from crossing such a line. The "line" doesn't exist for criminals so we have to support the second amendment.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The only thing that will stop a bad man with a gun, is a good guy with a gun"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#35 GAS3987

• 2,437 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 06:16 AM

How about a complete dismantling of the FOID system? Yes, that would be a great move.
Nehemiah 4:9
Luke 22:36
Molon Labe

#36 bcook619

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 08:00 AM

no the bill. Buys, relax. be nice. be nice until I tell you it time NOt to be nice. . . .

do thr youtube search, I don;t want to post it here

roadhouse be nice. look for the 1:07 version

My Favorite Saturday Morning Movie!

#37 CGT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 08:30 AM

I swear you just cant fix stupid!

#38 JavaBob

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 08:53 AM

Three kids, God help us..

#39 HeavyDuty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 08:56 AM

Why? Despite her detestable attitude about 2A, how does her having kids enter into anything?

#40 G214me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:00 AM

The writings of Karl Marx for bedtime stories.

#41 G214me

• Members
  • 663 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:19 AM

Why is her sexual preference on her bio ? I noticed that bios for other Sen / Reps don't mention " one of many heterosexual legislators in the General Assembly ". How she gets her kicks doesn't matter to me. Her resume showing she's a former stooge for comrade Cullerton and the Crook County SA office is all I need to know.

#42 Colt guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:20 AM

Whew....thank goodness we finally got the pension problem fixed and the state is not going broke. I love how these people get put into office by the machine and then spew their personal agendas. Whatever happened to representing your constituents ? Is this at the top of their list ?
Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.

#43 Chris11

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:27 AM

This has been done before. They were called the Gustapo!

#44 BigJim

• Members
  • 1,905 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:32 AM

Why is her sexual preference on her bio ?

Because the first thing her bio says is "LGBT rights activist and organizer" and she's afraid people will read that and think she prefers women.
Big Jim
-----------------------------------------
I will not be commanded,
I will not be controlled
And I will not let my future go on,
without the help of my soul

The Lost Boy - Greg Holden

#45 FlaviusRenatus

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:49 AM

Keep reading Jim, it says at the bottom that she bats for our team.

#46 rism

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:53 AM

Help guys, I don't know what u-tube video you are referring to . Thanks, RISM

#47 mauserme

Eliminating the element of surprise one bill at a time.

• 8,245 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:53 AM

Why? Despite her detestable attitude about 2A, how does her having kids enter into anything?

Good point.

With the legislature almost in full swing and IGOLD approaching, we really need to focus more on the work at hand and let the inconsequential things go. Remember, even if we're yawning at this bill there are others that will need our attention both in a good sense, and bad. Keeping on topic will help us continue to make progress and avoid set backs.
Link to ILGA House Audio/Video..........Link to ILGA Senate Audio/Video ..........Link to Livestream Blueroom Events Page

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. - C.S. Lewis

#48 blazzinbird

• Members
  • 1,897 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 10:05 AM

Yes guys lets stay on to of things, this could be a smoke and screen approach.
If you like your gun, you can keep it...... But only if you don't vote democrat come this fall.

#49 DoktorPaimon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 10:39 AM

Why is she trying to further restrict the best self defense devices available to LGBT folks?

Because she doesn't actually care about the LGBT community any further than is necessary to make sure they don't ever manage to field a viable primary challenger against her and make her have to have her first election. She came up under John Cullerton and was appointed to replace Harry Osterman, who has spent enough of his career pushing gun control that ICAHV put him on it's board as an honorary member. Interesting piece of information. Kelly was appointed to her position in the house, not elected. Carol Ronen is the boss of the 48th Ward and, as is befitting of royalty, placed more than half the "votes" for who got to fill Osterman's position in the 14th district when he retired. Anyone care to guess who was the 14th district Rep before Osterman? Carol Ronen. That would be the same Carol Ronen who got Blago to spike her pension by $38,000/year for life with a 60 day no show job. No state income tax, of course, thats just for us plebs.

Kelly might talk a big game about LGBT rights, but her pedigree shows that she's just another Machine shill.

#50 DoktorPaimon

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 10:42 AM

Good point.

With the legislature almost in full swing and IGOLD approaching, we really need to focus more on the work at hand and let the inconsequential things go. Remember, even if we're yawning at this bill there are others that will need our attention both in a good sense, and bad. Keeping on topic will help us continue to make progress and avoid set backs.

Seriously, theres enough detestable, dirty, shockingly corrupt garbage in her political life that we shouldn't be wasting time making halfbright comments about her personal life.

#51 Smittyp83

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 10:48 AM

Dear Rep. Cassidy,

Instead of continuing to try and whittle away at our rights as citizens, how about if you work on keeping our State from going bankrupt?

We get it - you don't like guns.

However, what I would like to know is how, exactly, will this registration scheme prevent gang-bangers from getting guns or shooting each other up, since they obviously don't follow any of the laws that we have on the books now.
[Posted Image

#52 mauserme

Eliminating the element of surprise one bill at a time.

• 8,245 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 02:07 PM

Thread drift ahead...

Nope ...
Link to ILGA House Audio/Video..........Link to ILGA Senate Audio/Video ..........Link to Livestream Blueroom Events Page

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. - C.S. Lewis

#53 cgs

• Members
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 02:10 PM

So much for the antis not having much of an appetite for confrontation this session, or going for low hanging fruit. Molon Labe

They ask for the sun moon and stars and when it's all over the get the moon, it's still a win for them.

Never an inch.
-Thomas

Member, ISRA; Life Member, NRA; NRA Certified Instructor, AGI Certified Gunsmith, Illinois Carry Conceal Instructor

http://www.chicagogunsmith.com

http://www.firearmtrainingchicago.com

#54 boomersand

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:00 PM

so i have to get a permission slip from someone to buy ammo now? Where do this effing idiots come from?

#55 G214me

• Members
  • 663 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:35 PM

so i have to get a permission slip from someone to buy ammo now? Where do this effing idiots come from?

No, you have to show your registration for a gun in the caliber you want to buy. If you have a registered 1911 in .45 you can only buy .45 auto. you can't buy 9mm, .22 etc. unless you show registration for guns that use those calibers. if you have no guns registered you can't buy anything. we need t let our reps know they should vote NO and ignore anything this brain dead hack dreams up.

#56 jlowrie

• Members
  • 726 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 04:05 PM

maybe someone would sponsor adopting a house rule concerning members who draft blatantly unconstitutional bills (to be determined by a panel of 'constitutional scholars in the house') as being required to wear a green and purple polka dot coat for the remainder of the session any time they speak before the body...

we shall call this the coat of shame
The mind that aims at a select militia, must be influenced by a truly anti-republican principle; and when we see many men disposed to practice upon it, whenever they can prevail, no wonder true republicans are for carefully guarding against it. --Richard Henry Lee, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788

#57 DD123

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 04:25 PM

+1 for every comment on this thread that said, for every bill of theirs, we introduce one of our own.

I've been wanting a surpressor lol!

#58 Tvandermyde

• Members
  • 5,549 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 04:52 PM

+1 for every comment on this thread that said, for every bill of theirs, we introduce one of our own.

In the works
While a 9 mm or .40 caliber bullet may or may not expand, it is an undeniable fact that a .45 caliber bullet will never shrink.

#59 miztic

• Members
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 04:58 PM

No, you have to show your registration for a gun in the caliber you want to buy. If you have a registered 1911 in .45 you can only buy .45 auto. you can't buy 9mm, .22 etc. unless you show registration for guns that use those calibers. if you have no guns registered you can't buy anything. we need t let our reps know they should vote NO and ignore anything this brain dead hack dreams up.

When I rent a gun, the range always makes me buy their ammo for it, which I can't now because I may not own a gun in the caliber that I'm renting.
Nice unintended [or is it] consequence.

IC / SAF / ISRA / NRA / GRAA Member
Anywhere you are able to carry a pen you should be permitted to carry a sidearm.

They hate guns so much, they are willing to risk the lives of large crowds and children to feel better with their 'gun free' zones.

#60 miztic

• Members
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 04:58 PM

In the works

Excellent.

IC / SAF / ISRA / NRA / GRAA Member
Anywhere you are able to carry a pen you should be permitted to carry a sidearm.

They hate guns so much, they are willing to risk the lives of large crowds and children to feel better with their 'gun free' zones.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users