HB4715 - Firearms Registration

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#1 Glock23

• Supporting Members Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 08:35 PM

Didn't see this one mentioned recently. Filed, read and referred to rules committee yesterday.

http://www.ilga.gov/...82&SessionID=85

#2 Glock23

• 675 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 08:36 PM

Link didn't work right...

#3 Elderberry

• Members
  • 3,577 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 08:41 PM

Link Worked fine for me...

I think we should register politicians...

Edited by Elderberry, 06 February 2014 - 08:41 PM.

Active supporter of The Walmart Thread....

NRA, ISRA, SAF... Vet.. Former LEO... Current Illinois Concealed Carry Permit Holder....

#4 brianj

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 08:44 PM

It works now. I can't imagine that this is going to float, but I'm sure we're gonna have to stay on top of it.

And, Rep. Cassidy? We effectively get a new background check rerun EVERY NIGHT whether we own a firearm or not. WE DON'T NEED more background checks. And no, the state has no compelling interest or need to know which firearms were lost in that tragic boating accident last year.

In the immortal words of Bill the Cat: "THPTPTH"

"Your father's 1911..  Not as random or clumsy as a Glock.  A more elegant weapon for a more civilized age." -- Obi Wan Kenobi

#5 Patriots & Tyrants

• 2,855 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 08:44 PM

So much for the antis not having much of an appetite for confrontation this session, or going for low hanging fruit. Molon Labe

#6 Jatwood29

• PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 08:48 PM

Wow. That's rich. So, if I read it correctly, after I have gone through the background check to get a FOID, and yet another when I bought the firearm. I have to go through another in order to register firearms I already have. To boot, If I go to the range with a buddy and he has a .45, I can't buy ammo to shoot for it because I don't own a .45. This lady is a piece of work.These people have no clue.....how do they continue to get ELECTED!!!!!

#7 BShawn

• Members
  • 2,522 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 08:51 PM

This isn't soup yet!!!
Posted Image
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Why do I carry a handgun? Well, look at it this way -- I keep a fire extinguisher in my house. I don't expect to have a fire; indeed, it's highly unlikely. But in the unlikely event of fire, not having the means to stop the fire could result in serious property loss or personal injury to myself and my family. Neither do I expect to be a victim of violent crime; indeed, it's highly unlikely. But in the unlikely event of a violent crime, not having the means to stop the criminal could lead to serious property loss or personal injury to myself and my family. It is simply a matter of common-sense prudence."
GarandFan, 2007
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Drawing any line only restricts law abiding people from crossing such a line. The "line" doesn't exist for criminals so we have to support the second amendment.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The only thing that will stop a bad man with a gun, is a good guy with a gun"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#8 Patriots & Tyrants

• 2,855 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 08:52 PM

Its really hard not to play their game when stuff like this comes up and just bombard the antis with all sorts of bills like OC, carry in local Gov't buildings, campus carry, SBR's for all, Silencers for all...really damn hard to play nice when they show no interest in such.

Edited by Patriots & Tyrants, 06 February 2014 - 08:53 PM.

#9 Tvandermyde

• Members
  • 5,550 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 08:54 PM

yawn. . .
While a 9 mm or .40 caliber bullet may or may not expand, it is an undeniable fact that a .45 caliber bullet will never shrink.

#10 F.Ecks

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 08:55 PM

You guys seem to miss THIS: "...has applied to register a SIUTABLE firearm under the Act".

How much you wanna bet she wants to start a LIST, like Chicago had, of "unsafe firearms" meaning you can only buy handguns, etc. that are on their "good list".

So how many votes to make this law?

...I'm good with readin', bad with legalin'...!

#11 mauserme

Eliminating the element of surprise one bill at a time.

• 8,251 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 09:00 PM

You guys seem to miss THIS: "...has applied to register a SIUTABLE firearm under the Act".

How much you wanna bet she wants to start a LIST, like Chicago had, of "unsafe firearms" meaning you can only buy handguns, etc. that are on their "good list".

The suitability refers to the ammunition matching the firearm.

Todd's post nailed it , though.
Link to ILGA House Audio/Video..........Link to ILGA Senate Audio/Video ..........Link to Livestream Blueroom Events Page

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. - C.S. Lewis

#12 Jatwood29

• PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 09:06 PM

As I understand it would have a LONG way to go to even be considered for law. I think there is 0 chance this will fly, but it just gets under my skin that they think this garbage would even remotely make this a "safer" place. In my opinion there are some issues that I can understand why the antis feel their way. I don't agree with them but i can draw the conclusion that they think it will make a difference even though they are wrong. Then there are bills like these that seem like they are just blatantly disregarding the 2A as if it never existed..

#13 F.Ecks

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 09:07 PM

The suitability refers to the ammunition matching the firearm.

Todd's post nailed it , though.

Oh, so Todd's not yawning at ME, rather at this subject? Ha, ha...!

#14 Awan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 804 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 09:13 PM

What is wrong with these people?

catwalk_zps7beb705d.gif

Another active supporter of The Walmart Thread. <- click here to view

#15 Tvandermyde

• Members
  • 5,550 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 09:15 PM

no the bill. Buys, relax. be nice. be nice until I tell you it time NOt to be nice. . . .

do thr youtube search, I don;t want to post it here

roadhouse be nice. look for the 1:07 version
While a 9 mm or .40 caliber bullet may or may not expand, it is an undeniable fact that a .45 caliber bullet will never shrink.

#16 Awan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 804 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 09:16 PM

no the bill. Buys, relax. be nice. be nice until I tell you it time NOt to be nice. . . .

The Backroom may be good for posting that?

catwalk_zps7beb705d.gif

Another active supporter of The Walmart Thread. <- click here to view

#17 Yas

• Members
  • 3,470 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 09:25 PM

The Backroom may be good for posting that?

Nope assume the enemy also reads here. Just wait until Todd says he needs our help with sumptin and then jump in and cover his 6.

#18 domin8

• 2,447 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 09:32 PM

You cover the 6. I'll try to make sure were good at 3. Who has 9?

:lol:

Edited by domin8, 06 February 2014 - 09:33 PM.

#19 defaultdotxbe

• Members
  • 2,965 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 09:50 PM

So if you have a multicaliber lower, does that mean it is "suitable" for any ammunition, or would they expect you to register your uppers too?

Not that this is going to pass or anything, but it goes to show these politicians don't know much about what they are trying to regulate

#20 firepiper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 10:01 PM

I saw this one coming when they lost their efforts to block preemption.....

#21 Tango7

• Members
  • 2,172 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 10:05 PM

Creates the Firearms Registration Act. Provides that every person in the State must register each firearm he or she owns or possesses in accordance with the Act. Provides that a person shall not purchase or possess ammunition within this State without having first obtained a registration certificate identifying a firearm that is suitable for use with that ammunition, or a receipt demonstrating that the person has applied to register a suitable firearm under the Act and that the application is pending. Provides that the Department of State Police must complete a background check of any person who applies for: (1) a registration certificate for a firearm that was lawfully owned or possessed on the effective date of the Act, was brought into the State by a new resident, or was acquired by operation of law upon the death of the former owner; or (2) a renewal of a registration certificate unless, within 12 months of the date the renewal application is submitted, the applicant passed a background check conducted by the Department in connection with the applicant's acquisition of another firearm. Provides exceptions. Amends the Criminal Code of 2012. Provides that it is a Class 2 felony to sell or transfer ownership of a firearm to another person without complying with the registration requirement of the Firearms Registration Act.

So basically it's redoubling the BGC we already go through being FOID holders.

Good old Kelly.

Why is she trying to further restrict the best self defense devices available to LGBT folks?

Edited by Tango7, 06 February 2014 - 10:06 PM.

You will not 'rise to the occasion', you will default to your level of training - plan accordingly.

Despite their rallying around us at election time, honoring only 8 hours of Illinois' 40+ hour law enforcement class towards a 16 hour requirement shows the contempt that our elected officials hold us in.

#22 GAS3987

• 2,443 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 10:12 PM

Looks like a line in the sand to me.
Nehemiah 4:9
Luke 22:36
Molon Labe

#23 F.Ecks

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 10:40 PM

Found the video on YouTube.

Like Todd said "yawn"....

#24 Don Gwinn

President, SCRA

• 2,627 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 10:46 PM

This thread is for discussion of the bill. The sexual attractiveness of the sponsor is not relevant. Please stay on topic.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk HD

________________________________________________________________________________

Illinois Gun Owners' Lobbying Day

March 5, 2014

Be there or everyone will see that you have four equal sides and four 90-degree angles!

________________________________________________________________________________

#25 Jen-in-Normal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 10:55 PM

Someone trying to establish a New York-like registry.

Jennifer Young (Jen-in-Normal)

'Girls Like Guns, Too'

My YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.c...niferinIllinois

#26 blazzinbird

• Members
  • 1,897 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 11:29 PM

I hope everyone has their mud stomping boots ready for Igold this year.

Is this the first time registration has been tried state wide?

Edited by blazzinbird, 06 February 2014 - 11:51 PM.

If you like your gun, you can keep it...... But only if you don't vote democrat come this fall.

#27 G214me

• Members
  • 664 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 11:59 PM

If anyone will be against this it will be ISP, they got so much heat from the FOID mess, now it's trying to get the CCW licenses out and the last thing they will want to do is dive right into is registering EVERY gun in the whole state which will be near impossible. Kelly Cassidy is trying to earn some Rahm / Madigan brownie points with this garbage. Still we need to make sure her push towards a gun free communist utopia gets nowhere fast.

#28 DoverGunner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:13 AM

I hope everyone has their mud stomping boots ready for Igold this year.

Is this the first time registration has been tried state wide?

No the tried this crap last year . They wanted us to pay like $10 or $15 per firearm and like $5 per magazine over 10 round and If I recall correctly it was close too close

Edited by DoverGunner, 07 February 2014 - 12:13 AM.

#29 Blackcat44

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 05:23 AM

Here is the bio of the sponsor of this bill.

Representative Kelly M. Cassidy (D)
14th District
Posted Image
Springfield Office: 265-S Stratton Office Building Springfield, IL 62706 (217) 782-8088 (217) 782-6592 FAX District Office: 5533 North Broadway Chicago, IL 60640 (773) 784-2002 (773) 784-2060 FAX Email: repcassidy@gmail.com
Years served: May 2011 - Present

Committee assignments: Appropriations-Public Safety; Human Services; Labor & Commerce Committee; Restorative Justice (Vice-Chairperson); Public Benefits Subcommittee (Sub-Chairperson).

Biography: LGBT rights activist and organizer; former legislative director for the National Organization for Women; former legislative aide to state Sen. John Cullerton; former Deputy Director of Intergovernmental Affairs and Director of Programs and Development in the Cook County State's Attorney's Office; one of only two openly gay female legislators in General Assembly; has three children.

#30 BShawn

• Members
  • 2,522 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 05:32 AM

Here is the bio of the sponsor of this bill.

Representative Kelly M. Cassidy (D)
14th District
Posted Image
Springfield Office: 265-S Stratton Office Building Springfield, IL 62706 (217) 782-8088 (217) 782-6592 FAX District Office: 5533 North Broadway Chicago, IL 60640 (773) 784-2002 (773) 784-2060 FAX Email: repcassidy@gmail.com
Years served: May 2011 - Present

Committee assignments: Appropriations-Public Safety; Human Services; Labor & Commerce Committee; Restorative Justice (Vice-Chairperson); Public Benefits Subcommittee (Sub-Chairperson).

Biography: LGBT rights activist and organizer; former legislative director for the National Organization for Women; former legislative aide to state Sen. John Cullerton; former Deputy Director of Intergovernmental Affairs and Director of Programs and Development in the Cook County State's Attorney's Office; one of only two openly gay female legislators in General Assembly; has three children.

Yea, you should have heard some of the things that came out of her mouth during the CCL bill last session. If you didn't that is. That's where my comment earlier in this thread came in, "This isn't soup yet!!!", she said that MANY times about the CCL bill, "This isn't soup yet"!
Posted Image
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Why do I carry a handgun? Well, look at it this way -- I keep a fire extinguisher in my house. I don't expect to have a fire; indeed, it's highly unlikely. But in the unlikely event of fire, not having the means to stop the fire could result in serious property loss or personal injury to myself and my family. Neither do I expect to be a victim of violent crime; indeed, it's highly unlikely. But in the unlikely event of a violent crime, not having the means to stop the criminal could lead to serious property loss or personal injury to myself and my family. It is simply a matter of common-sense prudence."
GarandFan, 2007
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Drawing any line only restricts law abiding people from crossing such a line. The "line" doesn't exist for criminals so we have to support the second amendment.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The only thing that will stop a bad man with a gun, is a good guy with a gun"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users