Photo

Concealed Carry License Application - ISP Step By Step Instructions

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 Molly B.

IllinoisCarry spokesperson

• 14,197 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 11:15 PM

Step by step instructions for the Concealed Carry License Application.

https://ispfsb.com/P...CCLOverview.pdf

If you are a resident of Cook County, you are strongly encouraged to expunge any arrest or report records you may have, even if they did not result in a conviction or even a court hearing.  Sheriff Tom Dartt is filing objections against CCL applicants for any and all reasons.  The law mandates that the application must be sent to the Concealed Carry License Review Board.  This could result in long delays or even a denial of your license.

Edited by Molly B., 13 January 2016 - 05:49 PM.

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

#2 Retired1

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 09:59 PM

New updated for applicants.   Make sure you have your own EMAIL ADDRESS!  When you answer you four secret questions WRITE THEM DOWN!!!   Not the QUESTIONS BUT THE ANSWERS. If you need to change password or lose it. You need ANSWER TO QUESTION NUMBER 1 ????  ANSWER TO QUESTION #2  ANSWER TO QUESTION #3 ANSWER TO QUESTION #4.  They do not give you the question just a blank box and ask for answer OF QUESTION #????   SO MAKE SURE YOU WRITE DOWN ,WHAT THE ANSWER WAS TO EACH QUESTION BY NUMBER!!!!!

EXAMPLE

QUESTION #1   MAIN ST

#2   SMITH

#3   FORD

#4   SNOOPY

Been attempting to help someone who did FOID change of address and was having problems getting signed in for CCL!!! 

#3 papa

• Members
  • 5,350 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 10:12 PM

New updated for applicants.   Make sure you have your own EMAIL ADDRESS!  When you answer you four secret questions WRITE THEM DOWN!!!   Not the QUESTIONS BUT THE ANSWERS. If you need to change password or lose it. You need ANSWER TO QUESTION NUMBER 1 ????  ANSWER TO QUESTION #2  ANSWER TO QUESTION #3 ANSWER TO QUESTION #4.  They do not give you the question just a blank box and ask for answer OF QUESTION #????   SO MAKE SURE YOU WRITE DOWN ,WHAT THE ANSWER WAS TO EACH QUESTION BY NUMBER!!!!!

EXAMPLE

QUESTION #1   MAIN ST

#2   SMITH

#3   FORD

#4   SNOOPY

Been attempting to help someone who did FOID change of address and was having problems getting signed in for CCL!!! 

I hope this isn't true. Why on Earth would even the state of Illinois mess up something like this? I know the answer to the questions I picked but I don't remember what questions I picked or in what order now.

#4 milq

• Members
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 10:28 AM

Had to do a password reset last week, the questions were there for me.
Good night Chesty, wherever you are.

Visit my Illinois RTC/Pro 2A blog: Steel on Target

#5 Tango7

• Members
  • 4,573 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 01:42 PM

I created a power point, step by step with screenshots. I think it's 44 slides.

I can share it but it's on my work computer 40 miles away right now.

I'm working on a new one while I do the wife's application and I'll be happy to share it.
You will not 'rise to the occasion', you will default to your level of training - plan accordingly.

Despite their rallying around us at election time, honoring only 8 hours of Illinois' 40+ hour law enforcement class towards a 16 hour requirement shows the contempt that our elected officials hold us in.

#6 Retired1

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 03:50 PM

Attached File  Password_0003.jpg   91.9KB   17 downloads

In the attempt to get a password reset this is what I got, after entering the required information? This is a copy of the screen!

The person I was helping used the new online FOID to do a change of address for her and her husband! So they should be in the system and have answered the secret questions.

I then attempted to use her husband’s information, which had just been used to complete the CCL application. I got the same empty Security question 1 box

I attempted to us Fox fire, Google Chrome and internet explorer and another computer. This is what I got!!    WHAT IS THE ANSWER TO SECURITY QUESTION NUMBER 1! Except  with Google Chrome I got the Security Question number 2 EMPTY box.

I have made several attempts to call ISP help line and I get due to the High call volume call back later CLICK

#7 Stratomaster18

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 09:39 PM

Are these the updated instructions since they changed the application process?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#8 spec5

Nuclear Member

• Members
  • 4,035 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 09:48 AM

Are these the updated instructions since they changed the application process?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Start the process by going here.

https://www.ispfsb.com/Public/CCL.aspx

And apply by going here
https://www.ispfsb.com

The instructions look good as posted.

Edited by spec5, 12 May 2015 - 10:00 AM.

NRA Member Life Member
ISRA Member
Illinois Carry
Pershing Nuclear Missile 56th Field Artillery Brigade Veteran
1/41 Field Artillary Germany

#9 Stratomaster18

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 10:52 AM

Thanks a lot!

#10 Molly B.

IllinoisCarry spokesperson

• 14,197 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 01:05 PM

Yes, the link is to the current instructions.  Thank you spec5!

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams