app rejected

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 22cal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 10:01 PM

I logged on today just to check my app and WHAT!! I saw it said rejected cause ccl address wasn't the same as drivers license or id card. The thing that happen was my address said (CT APT 6) drivers license and FOID. BUT on the website it said court #apt 6 damn picky aint we?

#2 mata777

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 10:02 PM

That sucks 22cal. When did you pay and submit?

#3 Mr. Fife

Nip it

• Members
  • 8,011 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 10:02 PM

Do you live in Gages Lake by any chance?

Have all boated who fish? Have all boated who fish?

#4 22cal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 10:16 PM

I did my app on the 5th after midnight. No I don't live in Gages lake. So I did change it and resubmit it.

#5 RINGKINGS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 10:19 PM

Do you live in Gages Lake by any chance?

he couldn't live in Gages Lake........... it doesn't exist in Illinois. (purple)
I COULD AGREE WITH YOU, BUT THEN WE WOULD BOTH BE WRONG.
ONE STATE ONE LAW

#6 BIGDEESUL

• Members
  • 4,820 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 10:29 PM

I did my app on the 5th after midnight. No I don't live in Gages lake. So I did change it and resubmit it.

You were able to go in and re submit? Or is your status still rejected? I thought there was NJ o way to go back in and change in for or resubmit without starting from scratch and paying again.

How come you didn't just enter the info as it's shown on your id?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

Supporting member
NRA life member
Certified Illinois Concealed Carry Instructor
NRA certified Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA certified Personal Protection Inside The Home instructor
NRA certified Chief Range Safety Officer
NRA certified Home Firearm Safety Instructor

#7 22cal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 10:41 PM

Yes there was a button that said (fix) so I click it an was able to change the address. I didn't need to pay again. When I first submitted my app when I was filling in the address it changed the CT to court on is own so I just left it that way. Now it says app under review.

Edited by 22cal, 08 January 2014 - 10:42 PM.

#8 Marie

Lizzie's Bennet's alter ego

• Supporting Members Team
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 11:41 PM

It's odd some of the stuff I"m hearing. My DL has my middle name spelled out. FOID just has middle initial. Address is exactly the same for both. Somehow height on my FOID card is 1" less than DL. Thankfully, mine still shows under review and everything matched when I did original application.
"For what do we live, but to make sport for our neighbours, and laugh at them in our turn? Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

#9 RINGKINGS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 12:47 AM

It's odd some of the stuff I"m hearing. My DL has my middle name spelled out. FOID just has middle initial. Address is exactly the same for both. Somehow height on my FOID card is 1" less than DL. Thankfully, mine still shows under review and everything matched when I did original application.

just be glad your NOT from Gages Lake.......you know, the one with 10,000 people that doesn't exist according to the CCW vendor that designed the application website!!!
ONE STATE ONE LAW

#10 Telecomtodd

• PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 07:15 AM

There's 5 different municipalities that fall into Barrington 60010. Lake Barrington, North Barrington, South Barrington, Barrington Hills, and lastly Barrington. Two of the 5 sit in Lake County, 2 sit in Cook County, and Barrington itself straddles both counties - but it is one ZIP code. So, I live in "Barrington" (regardless of which one) according to the system.

EllisCertified.com
NRA Basic Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, and PPITH Instructor, Chief RSO
NRA/USAS Smallbore and High Power Rifle Level 2 Coach
Boy Scout Shooting Sports Committee Chairman, NWSC
NRA Life Benefactor member, NCRPA Life member, ISRA member
Illinois State Police certified CCL Instructor
Illinois resident with years of legal civilian concealed carry experience
(There ain't very many of us out there, folks!)

#11 RINGKINGS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 09:07 AM

There's 5 different municipalities that fall into Barrington 60010. Lake Barrington, North Barrington, South Barrington, Barrington Hills, and lastly Barrington. Two of the 5 sit in Lake County, 2 sit in Cook County, and Barrington itself straddles both counties - but it is one ZIP code. So, I live in "Barrington" (regardless of which one) according to the system.

The bottom line is simple: the vendor that developed the application program failed to include towns that ARE recognized by the Sec of State of IL for Drivers Licenses and the ISP for the FOID........ and will not allow these towns to be entered on the CC app therefore it is impossible to follow the instructions "put exactly what is on your drivers license".
ONE STATE ONE LAW

#12 johnbrandes

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 09:48 AM

Port Barrington also

#13 DonP

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 09:57 AM

FWIW, my App was rejected in the first week and it kind of freaked me out at first. Then I calmed down and read the little red type telling me what I did wrong and how to correct it. Turned out I sent a nice formal B&W photo, instead of the color picture they requested. My own fault. But the online thing guided me through correcting it and, with a lousy "selfie" downloaded, I was back in the "Under Review" pile in an hour or two.

#14 JSharp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 10:00 AM

Apparently there's no table to tie cites to zip codes either. Or only a rudimentary one. If there were you'd be able to enter your zip code and have the city populated properly automatically.

That works at Secretary of State facilities.

Edited by JSharp, 09 January 2014 - 10:00 AM.

#15 Matt B

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 10:08 AM

I wonder what impact a temporary rejection has on the 30 day objection period. Does it stop it, reset it, or no impact?

#16 Scots

• 1,670 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 10:15 AM

I wonder what impact a temporary rejection has on the 30 day objection period. Does it stop it, reset it, or no impact?

Don't take this to the bank, but I did ask this question the couple of times I was on the phone with them. They said a temporary rejection (one that just requires fixing a small mistake) isn't really a "rejection" but more like putting it on hold while it's fixed, and has no impact on any time periods. FWIW.
NRA Life Member, SAF Life Member, ISRA Member

#17 RINGKINGS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 10:15 AM

FWIW, my App was rejected in the first week and it kind of freaked me out at first. Then I calmed down and read the little red type telling me what I did wrong and how to correct it. Turned out I sent a nice formal B&W photo, instead of the color picture they requested. My own fault. But the online thing guided me through correcting it and, with a lousy "selfie" downloaded, I was back in the "Under Review" pile in an hour or two.

it is impossible to correctly enter the city(Gages Lake) that is on BOTH my Drivers License and my FOID... get a message that Gages Lake is not valid in Illinois........ I made NO errors..... and I am not freaked out...... the programmers for this ccw application made a mistake that needs to be rectified and its fairly simple; they need to get a list of recognized cities from the vendor that built the Drivers License database and a list of cities recognized by the ISP database for FOIDS or (2.) remove the blocking application on the address portion of the ccw app and allow applicants to enter what is on their Drivers License instead of only allowing pre-selected cities (which is now incomplete).
ONE STATE ONE LAW

#18 cgs

Help me get my FFL, Click my Profile for more info!

• Members
  • 6,128 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 10:20 AM

Definitely sucks but this is why I have told my students to make sure EVERYTHING matches exactly the same. I'm sure the ISP will take care of it for you.
-Thomas

Member, ISRA; Life Member, NRA; NRA Certified Instructor, AGI Certified Gunsmith, Illinois Carry Conceal Instructor

http://www.chicagogunsmith.com

http://www.firearmtrainingchicago.com

#19 jlowrie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 10:58 AM

I was rejected as well for 'incomplete training documentation'. I gave a pdf copy of training cert and DD-214... Also noted that there is no way to reapply at this time. That fix is 'coming soon'.
The mind that aims at a select militia, must be influenced by a truly anti-republican principle; and when we see many men disposed to practice upon it, whenever they can prevail, no wonder true republicans are for carefully guarding against it. --Richard Henry Lee, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788

#20 Scots

• 1,670 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 11:08 AM

As stated in another thread, the edit ability is supposed to be unlocked tonight (Thursday evening) that will allow us to reupload updated documents.
NRA Life Member, SAF Life Member, ISRA Member

#21 jlowrie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 11:11 AM

As stated in another thread, the edit ability is supposed to be unlocked tonight (Thursday evening) that will allow us to reupload updated documents.

Thanks, I must have missed that thread somehow.
The mind that aims at a select militia, must be influenced by a truly anti-republican principle; and when we see many men disposed to practice upon it, whenever they can prevail, no wonder true republicans are for carefully guarding against it. --Richard Henry Lee, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788

#22 spec5

• 1,811 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 11:17 AM

I was rejected as well for 'incomplete training documentation'. I gave a pdf copy of training cert and DD-214... Also noted that there is no way to reapply at this time. That fix is 'coming soon'.

Just send the Training certification. Don't send the DD214. You might already be aware of that by now however.
NRA Member
ISRA Member
Pershing Nuclear Missile 56th Field Artillery Brigade Veteran

#23 22cal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 10:00 AM

Well its been 6 days since my app was rejected cause of a tiny address issue and I fixed it and its still under review. Im hoping its approved by the end of today that would be nice.

#24 RINGKINGS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 11:19 AM

Well its been 6 days since my app was rejected cause of a tiny address issue and I fixed it and its still under review. Im hoping its approved by the end of today that would be nice.

I could be wrong, but I don't believe any app will be approved until after the 30 day period that local leo has to object has expired. "under review" right now, is a good thing.
ONE STATE ONE LAW

#25 cola490

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 12:15 PM

I agree "under review' is the best we can hope for at this point.
NRA LIFE MEMBER

#26 skinnyb82

• Members
  • 4,871 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 12:48 PM

Better than being denied for a BS reason based on false info. The question about ever being in court-ordered drug or alcohol treatment, I answered yes because I have...10 yrs ago. They denied me because I was in court-ordered drug or alchohol treatment within the past 5 yrs (COMPLETELY FALSE). Called the FSB, woman was perplexed as to why I was denied and even more perplexed because I never got an email. She took my info and said someone would contact me. Emailed Todd and notified Valinda. Now time to notify my Rep. He's not gonna be happy.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

NRA Member
SAF Member
C&R License Holder

#27 Jatwood29

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 03:29 PM

Better than being denied for a BS reason based on false info. The question about ever being in court-ordered drug or alcohol treatment, I answered yes because I have...10 yrs ago. They denied me because I was in court-ordered drug or alchohol treatment within the past 5 yrs (COMPLETELY FALSE). Called the FSB, woman was perplexed as to why I was denied and even more perplexed because I never got an email. She took my info and said someone would contact me. Emailed Todd and notified Valinda. Now time to notify my Rep. He's not gonna be happy.

I think you miss read the question. it is as follows. (copied directly from my application)

"Have you ever been in residential or court-ordered treatment for alcoholism, alcohol detoxification, or drug treatment within the 5 year preceding the date of this application?"
Yes worded poorly, however I read that as asking if you have ever been within the last 5 years. I'm assuming you were automatically disqualified by answering yes.
I would have answered no. But the "ever" definitely should have been left out. Just confusing.

Edited by Jatwood29, 15 January 2014 - 03:30 PM.

#28 skinnyb82

• Members
  • 4,871 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 10:49 PM

I answered "No" to the first one regarding alcoholism, detoxification or drug treatment in the past 5 years. I answered "Yes" to the "ever" question, though. I am not alone, I doubt I'm even the first. One more member who only answered "Yes" to the "ever" question was denied with the reason stating that he had been in residential or court-ordered alcohol or drug treatment in the past 5 years. And I don't even wanna know how many others have been denied because of that same question. The issue is being handled, though I have no idea how long it'll take.

NRA Member
SAF Member
C&R License Holder

#29 Jeckler

• Members
  • 1,110 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 07:52 AM

Does anyone know the full array of application status names?
  • Under Review
  • Rejected
  • Approved (I assume)
Are there any others? Delayed? Processing?

#30 Jeckler

• Members
  • 1,110 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 07:54 AM

One more question....

I checked my app (under review) but noticed that my Drivers License will expire during the alloted review time. It's valid now. However, the expiration date listed on my app will likely occur prior to receiving my FCCL.

Speculation....will this cause me a problem?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users