• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 KarlJ

• Supporting Members Team
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 02:39 PM

I don't see concealed carry or HB 0183?

http://www.illinoiss...veJan1-2014.pdf
Applied 1/5/13 Approved 2/28/14 Recieved 3/7/14 postmarked 3/4 Will Co. / Cook Co. border

#2 spu69

Firearm and Motorcycle Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 02:43 PM

probably because that law took effect in July 2013.

#3 Lou

Resident Old Guy

• 10,701 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 02:48 PM

Maybe because the website is from the Senate Democrats and they have their heads in the sand?

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. -  George Orwell

A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again. 

#4 KarlJ

• 1,424 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 03:03 PM

Any laws that were made in the 2013 session should be on the 2014 list.
I haven't found it, but is HB0183 on the list for 2013? Not likely.
I'm just pointing it out cause My senator sent me a holiday greeting with a link for the top 14 laws that take effect in 2014:

http://www.illinoiss...w;laws;illinois

CC didn't make the list? There is a link for the complete list which i already provided.
Maybe their in denial?

Edited by KarlJ, 24 December 2013 - 03:03 PM.

Applied 1/5/13 Approved 2/28/14 Recieved 3/7/14 postmarked 3/4 Will Co. / Cook Co. border

#5 KarlJ

• 1,424 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 03:06 PM

And yes, it took effect July 9th but clearly no one can carry until it is implemented in 2014

#6 Tango7

• Members
  • 2,663 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 03:41 PM

it took effect July 9th

Thus your answer.

but clearly no one can carry until it is implemented in 2014

It's already been implemented as far as the state is concerned.

They are (have) approved curricula, approved instructors, and applications are being developed.

As far as they are concerned permits actually being issued to qualified persons is a secondary or tertiary concern to establishing a law to abide by the order of the court.
You will not 'rise to the occasion', you will default to your level of training - plan accordingly.

Despite their rallying around us at election time, honoring only 8 hours of Illinois' 40+ hour law enforcement class towards a 16 hour requirement shows the contempt that our elected officials hold us in.

#7 gangrel

• Members
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 05:10 PM

Statewide preemption of laws regarding handguns and handgun ammunition, safe harbor for non-residents passing through the state, prohibited places, and safe harbor for all firearms transport statewide are already in place as of July 9. Instructors and curricula have been approved, training has commenced, and applications are being tested, with a roll-out date on applications of Jan 5, 2014. The law has been in effect since July 9, regardless of any permits actually being issued, and a few tenets of the law are already in place in a very real way. Laws going into effect on Jan 1, 2014 are largely laws that were passed during the veto session, as ILGA rules have a cutoff date on passing legislation for the current year. If I understand correctly, this is the reason the medical marijuana law does not become effective until 1/1/14. HB183 specifically stated that it was effective immediately on passage.
NRA Certified Instructor - Basic Pistol, PPIH, PPOH
ISP Certified Firearm Concealed Carry License Instructor

#8 armored223

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 08:43 PM

What about the number to call to validate someone's foid?

#9 Blade13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 09:51 PM

HB2695 "Requires the state to purchase vehicles that are electric or powered by natural gas
after Jan. 1, 2016; provides for the construction of charging stations and requires
that 25% of state police vehicles must use alternative fuels."

That should be interesting...an electric police car trying to chase a criminal in a gas powered car.
NRA
ISRA

#10 SFC Stu

• Members
  • 1,414 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 10:46 PM

Statewide preemption of laws regarding handguns and handgun ammunition, safe harbor for non-residents passing through the state, prohibited places, and safe harbor for all firearms transport statewide are already in place as of July 9. Instructors and curricula have been approved, training has commenced, and applications are being tested, with a roll-out date on applications of Jan 5, 2014. The law has been in effect since July 9, regardless of any permits actually being issued, and a few tenets of the law are already in place in a very real way. Laws going into effect on Jan 1, 2014 are largely laws that were passed during the veto session, as ILGA rules have a cutoff date on passing legislation for the current year. If I understand correctly, this is the reason the medical marijuana law does not become effective until 1/1/14. HB183 specifically stated that it was effective immediately on passage.

#11 SFC Stu

• Members
  • 1,414 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 10:53 PM

Carried in my truck since 9 July, 2013, in Illinois.

#12 Mr. Fife

Nip it

• 6,493 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 11:41 PM

HB2695 "Requires the state to purchase vehicles that are electric or powered by natural gas
after Jan. 1, 2016; provides for the construction of charging stations and requires

That should be interesting...an electric police car trying to chase a criminal in a gas powered car.

Attached Thumbnails

• prius.gif

Illinois Concealed Carry Firearms Instructor
Utah Concealed Carry Firearms Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
Have all boated who fish? Have all boated who fish?

#13 flw

• 1,182 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 11:52 PM

Northern Il Univ uses those now. They are not on the interstates but what % of people decide to out run the police ? If its less than 1% overall then it will work 99.x% of the time. Now some electric cars are much faster than gas. Tesla Motors anyone?

Have a great Carry Day !

Submitted and paid for on January 5 at 12:05 am. Approved April 10

#14 Tango7

• Members
  • 2,663 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 12:47 AM

Dane County (WI) has used CNG powered squad cars for almost 20 years without problems.
You will not 'rise to the occasion', you will default to your level of training - plan accordingly.

Despite their rallying around us at election time, honoring only 8 hours of Illinois' 40+ hour law enforcement class towards a 16 hour requirement shows the contempt that our elected officials hold us in.

#15 domin8

• 3,645 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 07:49 AM

If it's a short chase the electric car wins, unless it's a Chevy Volt. Gas engine cars have a torque curve where optimum power is only achieved in a specific range. At 5,252 rpms the amount of torque has reduced and the amount of horsepower is greater than the amount of torque. Electric cars don't suffer from torque loss. They provide 100% torque 100% of the time when they have the electricity to operate.

As for the Chevy Volt, it does have a gasoline engine, but that's only used to generate electricity for the batteries. The engine is only a range extender and does not directly provide power to the wheels. A Volt could last long enough for an extended chase. It's weakness is power. I don't have the numbers in front of me, but iirc, the horsepower numbers for the 1.4 litre gas engine and the electric engine were roughly 140bhp (dumb fact for the day: that's about the same work as 420 horses are able to produce).

Edited by domin8, 26 December 2013 - 07:51 AM.

#16 whowe82

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 09:51 AM

ROFL!

#17 RacerDave6

• 2,410 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 09:57 AM

It says that ISP must purchase alternative fueled vehicles.
E85 is considered an alternative fuel. The manufacturers have been producing E85 police vehicles for years.
There will be no change in the ISP fleet, I'm guessing they already meet the 25% quota.
Firearms are not a talisman against evil. When used properly, they are an antidote to evil. T.Dunn

"Shoot the bad guy and keep shooting him until he stops doing whatever it
was that got him shot in the first place."

Match Director-IDPA at ASC
United States Riflemans Asscn instructor
NRA Certified instructor
NRA & ISRA member
Illinois Firearm Concealed Carry License instructor

#18 Phatty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 04:42 PM

(b-5) On and after January 1, 2016, 25% of vehicles, other than Department of Corrections vehicles and Department of State Police patrol vehicles, purchased with State funds shall be vehicles fueled by electricity, compressed natural gas, liquid petroleum gas, or liquid natural gas.

#19 Colt guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 01:13 AM

Perfect. The Daley-Vanecko construction company will "construct" charging stations to the tune of 110 million so they can save 1 million on fuel costs .

Edited by Colt guy, 27 December 2013 - 01:13 AM.

Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.

#20 BradS

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 11:28 PM

From another forum, just now, I learned that after the first, FTF gun transactions will be illegal here in Illinois. You'll have to go through an FFL now.

WHAT!?

I must have been under a rock because that is news to me.
my target stands classified thread:

http://illinoiscarry...topic=40920&hl=

#21 Nic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 11:35 PM

From another forum, just now, I learned that after the first, FTF gun transactions will be illegal here in Illinois. You'll have to go through an FFL now.

WHAT!?

Also news to the rest of Illinois as well as the Illinois general Assembly and Gov. Quinn because such a thing didn't happen.

#22 RacerDave6

• 2,410 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 11:36 PM

WHAT!?

Eh....no

Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk 4

Firearms are not a talisman against evil. When used properly, they are an antidote to evil. T.Dunn

NRA Certified instructor
NRA & ISRA member

#23 BradS

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 11:51 PM

Whew! I didn't think so. Thanks guys!
my target stands classified thread:

http://illinoiscarry...topic=40920&hl=

#24 agalloch07

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 06:58 PM

Let's say i had a spare AR15 lower sitting around i wanted to sell a friend. Do i still have to call his FOID in? I know for a fact its good because he just recently got it and has never been in any trouble with the law.

#25 RacerDave6

• 2,410 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 07:37 PM

Let's say i had a spare AR15 lower sitting around i wanted to sell a friend. Do i still have to call his FOID in? I know for a fact its good because he just recently got it and has never been in any trouble with the law.

A lower has the serial number and is considered 'the firearm'.
Yes, need to call in the transfer of a lower receiver.

NRA Certified instructor
NRA & ISRA member

#26 huntall6

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 09:01 AM

What is the penalty or not calling a foid in?

#27 borgranta

• 3,176 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 10:29 AM

@huntall6
Calling the FOID in grants the seller immunity from being held liable if the gun is used in a crime after purchase.

Edited by borgranta, 02 January 2014 - 10:31 AM.

The 2nd amendment was intended not only for protecting against tyranny but also enforcing and protecting the rule of law and the sovereignty of the states and the country as a whole which includes repelling invasions. If the citizens were not disarmed in New Orleans after Katrina than the lawlessnes would have been either reduced or eliminated.

#28 huntall6

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 11:36 AM

So no actual penalty if the gun isn't used in a crime?

Thanks?

#29 huntall6

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 11:37 AM

*thanks!

:stupidphone:

#30 Xwing

• Members
  • 5,696 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:41 AM

The worst law on that list is the cell phone one. Now, you're not allowed to answer your phone for a quick "where are you" or similar. Stupid, stupid law that will cause more harm than good. But it adds $$ to the police coffers, which is why it's there. One more thing you can be arrested for, even though it harms no-one.
NRA Lifetime Member
IGOLD 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
CCW Laws: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)
Posted anti-gun business listing: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)
Illinois Government: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users