Reviews of IL CCW Classes- post them here

• Please log in to reply
290 replies to this topic

#121 LYU370

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 05:54 PM

Took the second eight hour class from Illinois Firearm Safety in Schaumburg. Blain (chevsuz12) was a great instructor. Started out at Article II in Lombard for qualification. At first I thought it was a little odd to do qualification before the class, but after I thought about it, it made perfect sense since the day before was part one of the class which was NRA Basic Pistol, which requires live fire in order to pass. There were two of us there that only needed part two, so Blain had us fire first to qualify for the Illinois CCW, then took the remainder of the students from the previous day and had them fire for the Basic Pistol class, then had them fire for the Illinois qualification. The classroom portion was a little dry as one would expect, since all we were talking about were laws and more laws and even more laws. But Blain managed to insert several real world scenarios that happened to him over the years that kept things interesting and kept us from falling asleep. Class size was very reasonable, six on day one and eight of us on day two.

Can't really comment on the first part of the class (NRA Basic Pistol), but the second part (CLIC) was professional and thorough. Would not hesitate in recommending it to anyone else.

Thanks again Blain.

#122 chevsuz12

• Supporting Members Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 07:48 PM

Took the second eight hour class from Illinois Firearm Safety in Schaumburg. Blain (chevsuz12) was a great instructor. Started out at Article II in Lombard for qualification. At first I thought it was a little odd to do qualification before the class, but after I thought about it, it made perfect sense since the day before was part one of the class which was NRA Basic Pistol, which requires live fire in order to pass. There were two of us there that only needed part two, so Blain had us fire first to qualify for the Illinois CCW, then took the remainder of the students from the previous day and had them fire for the Basic Pistol class, then had them fire for the Illinois qualification. The classroom portion was a little dry as one would expect, since all we were talking about were laws and more laws and even more laws. But Blain managed to insert several real world scenarios that happened to him over the years that kept things interesting and kept us from falling asleep. Class size was very reasonable, six on day one and eight of us on day two.

Can't really comment on the first part of the class (NRA Basic Pistol), but the second part (CLIC) was professional and thorough. Would not hesitate in recommending it to anyone else.

Thanks again Blain.

Thanks for the review! Glad you enjoyed it.

http://www.illinoisfirearmsafety.com
ISP Certified Firearm Concealed Carry License Instructor
Chicago Area Classes 16-Hour $195  8-Hour $110 (includes range fees)
NRA Certified Instructor Basic Pistol, PPITH
Utah BCI Certified CCW Instructor

#123 Googe1227

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:24 PM

Did the CCW class this weekend with Rocco Waldarek:

Rocco did a great job of working with the students and answering questions. He went far beyond the basic training with his students and was willing to spend lots of time with everyone. If you have little to no experience with firearms this is defiantly the class to take. He was able to keep everyone safe and get everyone the best possible result with the time available. He was more then wiling to stay and give more assistance to anyone who needed it.

Material covered every question I had and the answers made sense. I like the fact that he was very passionate about the class and kept control of it despite a smart a** like me in it. This is a very good value for money and I would not hesitate in recommending him as a trainer.

Agree 100%. We had students ranging from brand new shooters to very experienced shooters. Rocco took the time to help the newbies while keeping the attention of the experienced guys as well. We covered a lot of material and it was all very interesting. I appreciated the extra strong emphasis on safety. Even blue guns needed to be pointed in a safe direction at all times.

+1. Took the Day 2 portion of the class. I only needed the 2nd eight hours. I must say that the class was excellent. Rocco and Rick did a great job all day keeping the classroom portion interesting. And the course fee is very reasonable for all that you get out of the class. All of the holster work with the SIRTs trainers was also great. Very valuable information to have. Rocco and Rick stressed safety safety safety all day long which is the way it should be. He even stayed awhile with me after class to talk through some possible concerns I had with carrying my CZ.

Now it's a matter of practice, practice, practice and some more classes. Whenever Rocco has a defensive class in the future I'm in if funds and schedule allow. I highly recommend Rocco to anybody interested in CCW.

"The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." - James Madison
NRA, ISRA, GOA, SAF

#124 1MEANGT

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 08:35 AM

I took the 16 hours of training at Top Shot Academy this past weekend. I would highly recommend them to anyone for training.

I was really impressed on how interactive and interesting they made the class. I never felt bored the whole 16 hours. Julian, Tony, and Michelle were awesome! I did not get to meet Chip as he was competing. I feel they went above and beyond the required state training. The SIRT guns are an excellent training tool. We really learned and trained a lot on real life situations which is key for safety. And yes, Julian brought in some awesome donuts on Sunday. Thanks again for everything guys!!!

Mike

Edited by 1MEANGT, 25 November 2013 - 08:44 AM.

#125 moparman71

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 07:33 AM

I had the opportunity to take a class yesterday from John Abbott who operates as GunLovingJohn. I highly recommend taking his class if the option is presented to you. It was entertaining, informative, and he really goes above and beyond to make sure that everybody understands the material, and the real world applications.
Be Calm
and
Trust Todd

#126 Thiokol

• 1,389 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 07:30 PM

Did a CCW this weekend in NE Illinois 20+ people one instructor for the most part, room was to small, while I did learn some things I really had not thought of ,did not really care for the constant Glock pistol is the only pistol for carry ,everything else is crap story also was way to tolerant of racial comments being made by people including himself, that being said, the instructor seemed fairly knowledgeable, ex Cook Co cop, had to shoot outdoors in the rain ,never change out the targets between shooters ,I guess price was o.k. $275+$125 for Fla and Utah $55 for IL prints and picture.

You have good reason to be dissatisfied. However, if you're going to post a negative review with specifics such as those you stated, it would only be fair to the other forum members to identify the trainer so that we could avoid wasting time and money with this individual. I mean no disrespect but not identifying the trainer makes the review useless and does a disservice to other forum members looking to receive CCW training.
U.S. Air Force Veteran
ISRA Member
NRA Member
Smith & Wesson Collectors Association Member #2262

#127 hack_62863

• 47 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 11:04 AM

I took my ccw class with Train Illinois. I have been shooting handguns for around 42 years and I learned alot from my instructors. They worked with me on making mag changes and the way I gripped the pistol. My instructors were Tim Harper and Joe Starkey. I asked alot of questions and they answered them. We had a lady that had just started shooting and the instructors were willing to help her. I can still hear Joe in my ear saying grip grip lol.Now all i have to do is practice what they taught me. Thanks Tim and Joe for all the help.

I am NOT a compurter hacker i got this name over 40 years ago
I took my CCW training from Train Illinois

ISRA member

#128 Elderberry

• Members
  • 3,859 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 10:45 AM

I took my Day Two training yesterday with Tiger Brass out of Edelstein Illinois. Tiger is owned and operated by Phillip (Illinois Carry WTR100) and is based at his rural home on his 40 acre farm. His operation is geared toward smaller classes and provides for great individual hands on instruction. It is a nice relaxed environment provided by a man who loves to teach and knows how.

Instructor's background: Phil is a 1988 graduate of The Citadel with a major in computer science. http://en.wikipedia...._South_Carolina He is also a Gulf War vet who served as an officer on the U.S.S. Iwo Jima (LPH-2) amphibious assault ship. http://en.wikipedia....wo_Jima_(LPH-2) Phil spent much of his combat time leading boarding parties onto oil tankers and cargo carriers to inspect for contraband being smuggled to the enemy. As such, he has excellent military training that compliments his NRA PPIH and PPOH skills. He is also the only naval officer I have personally known who completed the U.S. Army airborne training (although I still don't know why folks want to jump out of perfectly good airplanes)….

Training environment: Tiger Brass operates out of Phil's home and the range work is done in a very nice natural environment in his backyard (envious). I think doing self-defense training in a natural environment works well (I haven't heard of many felons assaulting anyone at formal ranges :drool: )...

Overview: The day started with the "textbook" portion of the training and covered Illinois and federal law and also the process for applying for the Illinois FCCA. Phil included nice handouts of the material and he also exposed us to the excellent NRA Winchester Marksmanship program. Interspersed throughout the day were well timed video's that gave us a little break from the book-work (and/or a chance to warm back up during the range work).

We then proceeded to the firearms portion of the training. We started with draw from concealment and dry fire with air soft pistols. I think this is a great teaching tool and would be especially good for someone who has not handled firearms. I have not done holster work in over 35 years and did not realize just how rusty I was. This is a really good way to start the range portion aind I'm sure it would help a new shooter to get past those initial "nerves" as they learn how to draw and fire a weapon by using an air soft initially.

We then proceeded to the same drills with our own firearm and progressed to live fire exercises including several malfunction drills, rapid reload drills, firing from concealment, etc., and for the grand finale we shot for record. Phil is an excellent range officer and manages to maintain great range safety discipline without it becoming intrusive or distracting from the training. He is also very good at picking up on small things and helping you to improve your techniques. He has given us a good exposure to fundamental skills that we can now practice on our own.

One technique that he used that I think is a really good idea was his choice of targets. For all the drills he uses a Thompson Targets ½ size B-27. It measures 12.5"x19" and is a blue background with the smaller white FBI "Q-center mass" portion in white. http://www.thompsont...e/b27qblue.html Then for the qualification he uses the full size B-27 with the same color arrangement. It makes qualification rather anti-climactic after shooting the smaller targets all afternoon, and, I would imagine, this would really work out nicely for new shooters also.

I want to repeat a comment I made in a different thread last night. Just after firing my last shot on the qualification target I had one of those unexpected moments we sometimes get in life. I suddenly realized that I had just finished firing for qualification for a concealed carry permit in the last state in America to return some of our rights to us. I don't' have the words to describe that feeling, but being in my mid 60's it's been a long, long wait…

Thank You Phil for a great training experience, for your service to America, and for your dedication to supporting our freedoms...!!!

"Well Done, Sir"….

I'll put something clever and witty here when I think of something.........

NRA, ISRA, SAF... Vet.. Former LEO... Current Illinois Concealed Carry Permit Holder....

#129 wtr100

• 4,333 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 11:20 AM

Wow JJ that's quite a write up!

Full disclosure - I'm NOT yet qualified to teach NRA PPITH nor NRA PPOTH - but I use some of the training materials from those courses and I encourage students to continue training with the NRA Personal Protection series and/or the US Riflemans Assn Defensive Pistol Classes

Also most of the Iwo's combat time was spent in the Gulf popping up at various oil platforms where the Iraqis had spotters trying to convince them the Amphibious Assault (canceled at the last minute) would be in different places along the coast - thus allowing the USS Wisconsin to pound units as the moved to new positions - or so we were told at least

most of my Navy pistol training an example of how to do things with 'field expedient' training aids - like running shot line down the barrel and out the mag well of 1911's so we could point them at each other in training

Edited by wtr100, 30 November 2013 - 11:25 AM.

Have your musket clean as a whistle, hatchet scoured, 60 rounds powder and ball and be ready to march at a minute's warning

ISRA Life Member
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Instructor Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun
NRA Designated Range Safety Officer
ISP Approved Concelaed Carry Instructor

#130 Elderberry

• Members
  • 3,859 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 11:30 AM

Wow JJ that's quite a write up!

You earned it...

All of it...

I'll put something clever and witty here when I think of something.........

NRA, ISRA, SAF... Vet.. Former LEO... Current Illinois Concealed Carry Permit Holder....

#131 Esadamsgs

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 07:01 PM

Took 16 hrs. This weekend with Final Defense Inc. at Buffalo Range in Ottawa. Price is very reasonable and Class size is small which is great. Art and Kelly are very knowledgable and keep the class interesting.
There is a lot of class participation and hands on drills. Even with me having 20+ yrs firearms experience I still was learning new things.

#132 junglebob

• 5,014 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 09:06 PM

My wife and I and another couple from our church went to TrainIllinois.com's Illinois Concealed Carry Course. I went to Front Sight's 4 day handgun course in Nevada this summer so a lot of things taught were review. I thought they put a lot into the range time, focusing on safety, stance, proper grip, trigger control, and also clearing malfunctions, magazine changes and using a holster. They had a number of different 9mm handguns to use and also some .22 caliber, and belts, holsters and magazine pouches to use, and supplied ammo, eye and ear protection as well.

I used a Glock 19, which is what I've been considering getting for a carry gun.

We had a woman from our church who hadn't fired a handgun before take the course. She was given a some extra help and I thought her qualification target looked good. We all did get in quite a bit of shooting before the qualification about 170 rounds or more, so a total of 200 or so. (got curious,checked and found that Front Sight's 2 day course requires 200 rounds.

A friend who has been a pistol owner longer than I have said he'd learned some things, admitted he needed to unlearn some things.

Everyone in our group passed the qualification all 30 rounds on target.

The Trail of Tears Lodge where the range is out in the country, south and west of Jonesboro, but they serve food and offer lodging as well for someone that needs it.

Tim was nice enough to put on the classroom portion of the class at my church on "black Friday". I thought a good job was done on the legal aspects of carrying, avoiding conflicts, what to do after a self defense shooting, staying safe and staying out of a gunfight.

I'd recommend his course to folks here in Southern Illinois.

Edited by junglebob, 03 December 2013 - 09:23 PM.

Disarming the people (is) the best and most effectual way to enslave them. George Mason

Remember the 1991 Luby Cafeteria Massacre of the Unarmed (Kileen, Texas before Texas Concealed Carry) Do we need 23 people to die in a similar incident before we're allowed effective self defense?

Three school masacres have been stopped by civilians with firearms. Two with handguns and the third by a guy with a shotgun. (Pearl, Ms; Appalacian School of Law; Edinboro,Pa)

#133 Chicago Guy 77

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 08:06 PM

Today, I just completed my day 2 of CCW class training at http://firearmtrainingchicago.com with Instructor Thomas Kral. Class was great!!! 8 hrs went by quick, it was never a dull moment in class. I love the fact that Thomas, Alex and (I forgot the retire Chicago LEO name sorry) also had varieties in holsters, firearms and AMMO for us to use. All points about Safety and finger placement was stressed very highly, which was good because we did have a few guys that was new to handling firearms. The shooting qualification part, I give these guys two thumbs up!!! For each student an instructor stood by his side to insure we were safe, comfortable and checking our B-27 after each set of 10 rounds. I HIGHLY recommend this establishment to my family, friends and of course to the many members of this forum.
Thanks for the breakfast and lunch, who can pass up a free meal! Lol
Keep me posted on your future training courses.

#134 Milhouse86

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 10:05 PM

Just got home from my two day training with Train Illinois. I can't say enough good things about the class. We had Tim Giblin and Al... Not sure on the last name. Both very good guys! We had a range of people in the class and they where able to keep everyone engaged, even through the law portion! I especially liked how well Tim worked with my wife. She is a very new shooter and timid in general. He was extremely patient and was able to walk her through everything she needed. She was able to qualify with all 30 rounds on target Center mass and for the first time is excited to go out shooting again and get her own gun. And I especially have to give these guys credit for working with us outside this weekend. It was no easy task!

The best part was they came all the way up to Northern Illinois and taught the class at my parents farm. I would highly recommend anybody considering taking a class to give these guys a try. I will certainly be taking classes from them in the future.
ATF took my guns and sold them to Mexican drug dealers.

#135 Jimster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 12:03 AM

Completed my 2 day course a few weeks ago with Train Illinois at Trail of Tears Lodge. If you live in southern Illinois these are the guys to see. I was the only student to show up because of severe predicted weather but the instructor, Tim Harper, agreed to brave the dark skies and gale force winds in order to complete my training. It was so windy that while qualifying, the target was blown halfway over and then righted itself and I finished shooting. A great big "Thank you" to Tim. I don't think very many CCW courses would've done this for me. To me, that says a lot for Train Illinois.
The course and it's curriculum has been well described by previous posters so not much else to add. I loved all the range time and learning the proper way to clear jams, tap, rack and bang and clear double feeds. I've been shooting for 40 years but Tim made me a better and safer shooter (I know, Tim. Finger off the trigger). My 1911 never failed me during the 300 rounds or so of firing. I look forward to taking their "Intro to Barriers, Concealment and Movement" class.
Here's my results.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#136 cgs

Help me get my FFL, Click my Profile for more info!

• Members
  • 6,128 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 02:53 PM

Today, I just completed my day 2 of CCW class training at http://firearmtrainingchicago.com with Instructor Thomas Kral. Class was great!!! 8 hrs went by quick, it was never a dull moment in class. I love the fact that Thomas, Alex and (I forgot the retire Chicago LEO name sorry) also had varieties in holsters, firearms and AMMO for us to use. All points about Safety and finger placement was stressed very highly, which was good because we did have a few guys that was new to handling firearms. The shooting qualification part, I give these guys two thumbs up!!! For each student an instructor stood by his side to insure we were safe, comfortable and checking our B-27 after each set of 10 rounds. I HIGHLY recommend this establishment to my family, friends and of course to the many members of this forum.
Thanks for the breakfast and lunch, who can pass up a free meal! Lol
Keep me posted on your future training courses.

Thanks very much! It was my pelasure to meet with you. As discussed we'll begin doing more defensive oriented training with less classroom and more range time with stress inoculation etc... as soon as CC dies down. I am thinking early spring 2014. I will certainly keep you in the loop on this and let you know as classes develop.
-Thomas

Member, ISRA; Life Member, NRA; NRA Certified Instructor, AGI Certified Gunsmith, Illinois Carry Conceal Instructor

http://www.chicagogunsmith.com

http://www.firearmtrainingchicago.com

#137 Chicago Guy 77

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 03:02 PM

Ok and thanks again!

#138 Grumpyashell

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 06:36 AM

It has been a long time since I have posted anything on the forums, but thought that I might go ahead and give everyone my impression of the CCW class offered by Davis Covert Carry in Marseilles, Illinois. The class is made up of 16 hours of class and qualification range time. And it was cold…burrrr

Provided materials: NRA Basic Pistol packet and a copy of the Illinois CCW law. They also provided all the equipment for the range session(eye/ear protection, pistols and ammo).

Day 1-- Pretty basic stuff. What is a gun, what is ammo, how to load and unload a revolver and semi-auto, rules of gun safety. Cleaning and care of the pistol was also demonstrated. Everything required for the NRA basic pistol. The instructor made it fun, and interesting. And a very nice lunch was provided both days, and was very good.
Day 2-- Discussed legal issues and the CCW law line by line on a power point presentation, and videos, how and what you will need to apply for a permit up to that point in time, because the ISP is still setting policy. Did holster drawing with a laser pistol. Also took the question matching and true/false test. Qualification was done on site at the required 5,7, and 10 yards. I like the fact that the instructor didn’t push any particular pistol or holsters, but covered the basics. Overall I had a excellent experience and would recommend it to anyone.

#139 III

Domari Nolo

• 1,637 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 09:40 AM

I was in the first class taught by Elements Firearms, Glen Carbon. Second 8 hrs. Allen Keilman instructing. Very good class: thorough, IAW all requirements, professional presentation. Plus, training beyond the minimum: not just dry fire draw from conceal but also live fire draw from concealed. Thorough, professional, safe. Highly recommend.

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk HD

I was in the same class. I highly recommend Elements Firearms. Allen and his crew are top notch!

Edited by III, 17 December 2013 - 09:41 AM.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

"Firearms stand next in importance to the constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence … from the hour the Pilgrims landed to the present day, events, occurrences and tendencies prove that to ensure peace security and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable … the very atmosphere of firearms anywhere restrains evil interference — they deserve a place of honor with all that's good." - George Washington

#140 daviscovertcarry

• PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 03:56 PM

First I would like to say Grumpyashell is not really all that grumpy. That being said I just wanted to thank you for a nice review. I know that it is a major commitment of time and money to take the class. I think the law section is just as important if not more than the shooting or any other section. You already knew how to shoot, you probably didn't know the laws. As far as firearm and holster selection that's a personal decision everyone has to come up with on their own. All I can do is give pros and cons of each.

Edited by daviscovertcarry, 17 December 2013 - 03:57 PM.

#141 obfd13

• PipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 09:24 AM

I took the 2 day class with Metro Training Group this week. The instructor, Andy Schroeder, was knowledgeable & competent and did a great with the classroom hours as well as the range time. Classroom and range time was at RKA in Plano. It's a nice facility; clean with good ventilation, and friendly people working there. I would highly recommend to anyone

#142 woldy2

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 08:48 AM

I took the IL concealed carry class (second 8 hours) yesterday with CGS in Gurnee. It was a great class, could not recommend it enough. Thomas Kral was a great instructor. Very high on safety and making sure we all understood what was taught during class. The range time was great. It was one person per one instructor to make sure that every student had time to talk with the instructor and get advice if needed after every shot. Time flew by during class (which can be hard to say considering it was 'class'). Thomas did a great job keeping us engaged during the course. I would recommend this class to anyone who was thinking about taking a class.

#143 cgs

Help me get my FFL, Click my Profile for more info!

• Members
  • 6,128 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 12:50 PM

I took the IL concealed carry class (second 8 hours) yesterday with CGS in Gurnee. It was a great class, could not recommend it enough. Thomas Kral was a great instructor. Very high on safety and making sure we all understood what was taught during class. The range time was great. It was one person per one instructor to make sure that every student had time to talk with the instructor and get advice if needed after every shot. Time flew by during class (which can be hard to say considering it was 'class'). Thomas did a great job keeping us engaged during the course. I would recommend this class to anyone who was thinking about taking a class.

Thanks Mike, great to meet you!
-Thomas

Member, ISRA; Life Member, NRA; NRA Certified Instructor, AGI Certified Gunsmith, Illinois Carry Conceal Instructor

http://www.chicagogunsmith.com

http://www.firearmtrainingchicago.com

#144 Dogco94

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 10:12 PM

Took the Bass Pro class being offered by Security Guard College. It stared at 10 am and ended at 4pm or shortly after. Scheduled live fire range time at article 2 which I was told was going to take a half hr. I will be asking for a refund on this as this is nowhere near the16 hours required. Most of the class time was taken up by scheduling range time. It was a complete cluster$@#/.

#145 RacerDave6

• 2,513 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 10:18 PM

Took the Bass Pro class being offered by Security Guard College. It stared at 10 am and ended at 4pm or shortly after. Scheduled live fire range time at article 2 which I was told was going to take a half hr. I will be asking for a refund on this as this is nowhere near the16 hours required. Most of the class time was taken up by scheduling range time. It was a complete cluster$@#/.

Let me guess.
They also had you do some 'online' portion of the class, and they also gave you a nra basic pistol certificate
Firearms are not a talisman against evil. When used properly, they are an antidote to evil. T.Dunn

"Shoot the bad guy and keep shooting him until he stops doing whatever it
was that got him shot in the first place."

Match Director-IDPA at ASC
United States Riflemans Asscn instructor
NRA Certified instructor
NRA & ISRA member
Illinois Firearm Concealed Carry License instructor

#146 C0untZer0

• Members
  • 7,848 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 10:34 PM

Did Article II know that Bass Pro / Security Guard College was running a class through their range or did you guys just filter in and get lanes?

If an instructor has an arrangement with Article II it should be fairly organized.

If an instructor is trying to slip students in without making formal arrangements with Article II, and not carrying insurance and all that.. I can see how it would be a disorganized mess.
‘Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive...those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.‘
- C. S. Lewis

#147 Dogco94

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 10:50 PM

Havent done the range time yet. Thats jan 10th. Didnt get a cert either. Was told we'll get all that when we finish the training at the range on the 10th.

#148 pdpsc

• 2,051 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 11:03 PM

Havent done the range time yet. Thats jan 10th. Didnt get a cert either. Was told we'll get all that when we finish the training at the range on the 10th.

Check your PM. I'll help you out as much as I can.
Firearms Instructor - Metro Training Group Facebook
FFL Dealer/Gunsmith - Metro Armory Facebook
ISP Certified Firearm Concealed Carry License Instructor #1
Armorer - Glock, Smith & Wesson (M&P Pistol & M&P15 Rifle) & Springfield Armory (XD/XDm & M1911)
NRA Endowment-Life Member
ISRA Life Member

#149 TimGiblin

• 1,646 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 09:57 AM

Check your PM. I'll help you out as much as I can.

pdpsc is one of the most helpful guys on this forum take him up on it.

Loctite/paint pen/regularly check your gear. A gun falling off your belt is unacceptable

www.TrainIllinois.com. Pistol, Shotgun, Carbine and Low Light courses currently available. ISP approved instructor and Course Tim@TrainIllinois.com

#150 HeavyDuty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 07:10 PM

Just got home from my 8 hour completer with Dan from Metro in Plano. Excellent class and top notch instruction!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users