This just in... (Fingerprinting for Illinois Concealed Carry License Instructors)

pdpsc

The ISP Bureau of Identification just sent out the following email to live scan fingerprint vendors:

********************************************* Concealed Carry Instructor Notification ***************************************

Pursuant to Firearm Concealed Carry Act (430 ILCS 66), the Illinois State Police is required to approve Concealed Carry Firearm Instructors. As part of this approval process, a full set of fingerprints must be submitted on the Fee Applicant form to the Department in an electronic format for all Concealed Carry Firearm Instructor Applicants.

The fingerprints are required to be submitted to the State and Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). It is imperative that only "INSTRUCTORS" be submitted at this time. It is also imperative that each live scan fingerprint vendor provide each "Instructor" with the Transaction Control Number (TCN), before departing your facility.

The NCIC ORI to use for this purpose is: ***REMOVED***

The Purpose Code or Reason Fingerprinted will be: ***REMOVED***

You are reminded to collect all fees (State $15.00 National $16.50 Total $31.50) plus your fingerprinting service fee. Your agencies Cost Center should be utilized in the transaction, as the Firearm Services Bureau (FSB) does not have a draw down account with the Illinois State Police.

The applicant may arrive with a Concealed Carry Instructor Authorization Form, this form is to be retained by the applicant as it will be required to be mailed into the State Police along with other pertinent documentation. I ask that each live scan vendor fill in the TCN field for the applicant on this form prior to departure. If the applicant does not arrive with this Authorization form in hand, please ensure a receipt is provided to the applicant containing the TCN once prints have been submitted to ISP.

The application process will require this TCN before the instructor can proceed with the application. The application is not yet available to the applicants nor is the authorization form. All should be available soon via the ISP web page www.isp.state.il.us. In the interim, all responses sent to the Firearm Services Bureau as a result of these Fee Applicant transaction will be forward to FSB to be linked up with the application for the individual once submitted.

Please fell free to call me with any questions you may have.

Note: Instructions on Conceal Carry Firearm licensees will be forthcoming.

DO NOT FINGERPRINT CONCEALED CARRY FIREARM LICENSEES UNTIL YOU ARE NOTIFIED TO DO SO FROM THE ILLINOIS STATE POLICE.

NOTE: I removed the purpose code and ORI, because it is meaningless to a non-fingerprint vendor and I do not know if I am permitted to share that.

Thanks!

Anyone know where a list of live scan vendors can be found? pdpsc are you a live scan vendor?

Yes, I am.

Here is the list: http://www.isp.state...anfpvendlst.pdf

Looking at the list accurate biometrics on N Milwaukee is probably closest to me. If not, then infotrack in Deerfield is reasonable distance. Which one of these are you?

Yes, I am.

Looking at the list accurate biometrics on N Milwaukee is probably closest to me. If not, then infotrack in Deerfield is reasonable distance. Which one of these are you?

We are going to the one on N Milwaukee tomorrow when they open. I'm curious whether they can actually transmit the scans since the letter that pdpsc shared read to me like there was still some waiting to do.

We are going to the one on N Milwaukee tomorrow when they open. I'm curious whether they can actually transmit the scans since the letter that pdpsc shared read to me like there was still some waiting to do.

Everything is ready to go. There were a couple of things that the vendors had to do to be able to successfully transmit the records. If your vendor is on top of it, they did it today and they will be ready Friday. Worst case, they will have to wait a business day or so to transmit if they didn't get ready today.

Yes, I am.

Metro Detective Agency, LLC

illinoisfingerprinting.net

DeKalb

We already have appointments set for Friday. To be honest, we couldn't efficiently handle a large volume of people. Fingerprinting is a sideline business for us.

Yes, I am.

Please let us know how it goes... That's the one near my home.

Can we use a local PD or sheriff's department to do this if they are willing ?

I can't see why not as long as they are willing. I called my local PD; they will do the ink and card fingerprinting for residents, but will not do live-scan unless you need it to work at the local school district. It sounded like a cost issue as the reason why (which I'm sure is what it is if they were willing to fingerprint me the old fashioned way).

I can't see why not if they are willing, but check first before going. I called my local PD; they will do the ink and card fingerprinting for residents (I don't know about non-residents as I worded it regarding residents), but will not do live-scan unless you need it to work at the local school district. It sounded like a cost issue as the reason why (which I'm sure is what it is if they're willing to fingerprint you the old fashioned way).

I've explained why they will not do it on these forums ad nauseum. There are issues with licensing and their setup that keeps them from doing it.

In the metro east/St. Louis area, try Kellerman Investigations. In the Quincy area, try Big River Investigations. In the Lincoln area, try Meador Investigations. In the Danville area, try Clutter Investigations. In the Centralia area, try Kevin W. McClain Investigations.

These are all small fixed-site fingerprint vendors that I know.

Yes, I am.

DOn't you need to have the application with you? That's how the letter read to me. Where do we get the applications?!

Someone told me last night that driver license bureus can do finger printing. Does anyone know that to be true? I just don't understand where I physically need to go to get the prints done. I was going to call my sheriff this morning and see if he could point me in the right direction.

Someone told me last night that driver license bureus can do finger printing. Does anyone know that to be true? I just don't understand where I physically need to go to get the prints done. I was going to call my sheriff this morning and see if he could point me in the right direction.

I started a thread for that.

Archived