Photo

Fingerprints - Cost for Live Scan

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
66 replies to this topic

#31 pdpsc

• Members
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:10 PM

It's done by licensed fingerprint vendors who are employed by licensed fingerprint vendor agencies. Here's the list: http://www.isp.state...anfpvendlst.pdf

Edited by pdpsc, 28 August 2013 - 10:11 PM.

Firearms Instructor - Metro Training Group Facebook
FFL Dealer/Gunsmith - Metro Armory Facebook
ISP Certified Firearm Concealed Carry License Instructor #1
Armorer - Glock, Smith & Wesson (M&P Pistol & M&P15 Rifle) & Springfield Armory (XD/XDm & M1911)
NRA Endowment-Life Member
ISRA Life Member

#32 wtr100

• Members
  • 6,402 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 07:20 AM

max where do you see the ISP doing the actual fingerprinting - Mr Vandrmyde posted that it will be sent to a PO Box the Kings Men have to intentions of us rabble physically entering their space or so it seems

Have your musket clean as a whistle, hatchet scoured, 60 rounds powder and ball and be ready to march at a minute's warning

ISRA Life Member
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Instructor Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun
NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
ISP Approved Concealed Carry Instructor

#33 maxcapp

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 07:30 AM

You know I am trying to foresee this whole thing like other states have done theirs. Now is the applicants for permits having to go through these vendors also, and is a law enforcement agency acceptable. I just think this is a joke having to go through a private vendor. I am definitely going to check with law enforcement first before getting raped by a private vendor on prices.
Jon M. Capp
Northeast Missouri Firearm Training
(Western Illinois Region) Quincy & Hannibal
WWW.NEMOFIREARMTRAINING.COM
(573)795-1249

#34 maxcapp

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 07:39 AM

The private vendor I spoke with today said they do not even have the codes needed to send the State Police. They said they are waiting for them. I foresee a real cluster with all of this. If they can't get crap set up for instructors how in the heck are they going to do it for applicants. heck I am starting to agree with the ones saying no one will have a permit in their hand till next December.....
Jon M. Capp
Northeast Missouri Firearm Training
(Western Illinois Region) Quincy & Hannibal
WWW.NEMOFIREARMTRAINING.COM
(573)795-1249

#35 wtr100

• Members
  • 6,402 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 07:39 AM

Somewhere I read the finger printing instructors is a 'baby step' / stop gap to get the program up and running as quickly as possible by the required deadline

Also maybe I'm wrong but isn't the electronic fingerprint a 'newish' deal - certainly not cutting edge but last 5-7 years or so

Have your musket clean as a whistle, hatchet scoured, 60 rounds powder and ball and be ready to march at a minute's warning

ISRA Life Member
NRA Life Member

#36 Mr. Fife

Nip it

• Supporting Members Team
  • 5,121 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 07:40 AM

These guys can't even handle the Foid system. What makes them believe they will have better success matching electronic prints to an application sent to a P.O. Box?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
Have all boated who fish?

#37 pdpsc

• Members
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 07:46 AM

These guys can't even handle the Foid system. What makes them believe they will have better success matching electronic prints to an application sent to a P.O. Box?

If they do it like other professional licensing procedures, you will send a fingerprinting receipt with a Transaction Control Number (TCN) on it along with your application packet. The ISP will use that TCN to find your fingerprinting record and by the time they do that, your background should be done.
Armorer - Glock, Smith & Wesson (M&P Pistol & M&P15 Rifle) & Springfield Armory (XD/XDm & M1911)
ISRA Life Member

#38 wtr100

• Members
  • 6,402 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 07:51 AM

If they do it like other professional licensing procedures, you will send a fingerprinting receipt with a Transaction Control Number (TCN) on it along with your application packet. The ISP will use that TCN to find your fingerprinting record and by the time they do that, your background should be done.

ah now that actually makes a lot of sense - when shall a drive up for my printing :D

ISRA Life Member
NRA Life Member

#39 mauserme

Eliminating the element of surprise one bill at a time.

• Admin
  • 20,733 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:34 AM

Post #'s 26 - 38 have been moved here from the curriculum changes thread.

#40 Fingerprints

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:38 AM

Only question now is what ORI they have us vendors send it to and that info they haven't released to us yet.

Edited by Fingerprints, 29 August 2013 - 09:39 AM.

#41 Molly B.

IllinoisCarry spokesperson

• 16,161 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:45 AM

Ok then who will or can do it. And the ISP have record of it.

The ISP has already said walk-ins will not be taken. So we know they won't do the prints there. Do statewide ISP districts do fingerprints for individuals? Licensed vendors/Sheriffs/city PD who do livescan will transmit the prints to the ISP.
"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

#42 pdpsc

• Members
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 10:43 AM

The private vendor I spoke with today said they do not even have the codes needed to send the State Police. They said they are waiting for them. I foresee a real cluster with all of this. If they can't get crap set up for instructors how in the heck are they going to do it for applicants. heck I am starting to agree with the ones saying no one will have a permit in their hand till next December.....

I've been telling people this for a long time now. There are a few things in life where I know what I'm talking about. Fingerprinting happens to be one of those things.
ISRA Life Member

#43 JSharp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 12:32 PM

Same with the vendor I spoke to. He advised me to wait since he couldn't do anything with my prints if he took them.

To add to the thread info he'll be charging $75 once he's willing to do them.

#44 bobapunk

• Members
  • 4,639 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:20 PM

The ISP has to do the fingerprinting.... Them not doing it does not make sense. I have spoke with many officers who do this type of fingerprinting. It has to be done there....

I'll bet you $100 that they won't do it.

The ISP has to do the fingerprinting.... Them not doing it does not make sense. I have spoke with many officers who do this type of fingerprinting. It has to be done there....

maxcapp, you are obviously not from Illinois, are you? You assume the state might do this in a reasonable, logical manner... They obviously will come up with the most indirect, confusing method possible!

Edited by bobapunk, 29 August 2013 - 01:24 PM.

#45 obfd13

• Supporting Members Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 07:00 PM

I don't see getting the codes to LiveScan vendors as an issue. Once the ISP gets it set up the vendors will be notified. No big deal there. I see the issue as being able to get fingerprinted at a local law enforcement agency for a lesser fee. Supposedly the LE agencies are using LiveScan for criminal checks and therefore are not required to pay the same higher fee for the check as a vendor would. I'm not so sure the LE agencies are supposed to be doing this type of fingerprinting at a reduced rate. Time will tell when all this gets straightened out.

#46 pdpsc

• Members
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 07:07 PM

I don't see getting the codes to LiveScan vendors as an issue. Once the ISP gets it set up the vendors will be notified. No big deal there. I see the issue as being able to get fingerprinted at a local law enforcement agency for a lesser fee. Supposedly the LE agencies are using LiveScan for criminal checks and therefore are not required to pay the same higher fee for the check as a vendor would. I'm not so sure the LE agencies are supposed to be doing this type of fingerprinting at a reduced rate. Time will tell when all this gets straightened out.

It's done. There is a thread where I announced this.
ISRA Life Member

#47 Xwing

• Members
  • 9,103 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 11:03 AM

$50 to $75 for fingerprints is :frantics: You could find plently of places to do the ink ones for $10. Hopefully some local police departments will be willing to do livescan.

NRA Lifetime Member
IGOLD 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
CCW - 50 State Firearm Laws: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)
Posted anti-gun business listing: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)
Gun Range Tools & Logs: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)
Illinois Government: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)

#48 chip

• Members
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 11:10 AM

It's my understanding that all non-criminal live scan submissions require a fee from the submitting agency. So even if your local LEA has the capability it's not free. I could be wrong, but I don't think so.

Member - International Law Enforcement Educators and Trainers Association

Member - International Association of Law Enforcement Firearms Instructors

Member - Illinois Tactical Officers Association

Member - Second Amendment Foundation

Contributing Writer - Concealed Carry Magazine

Illinois State Police Approved Instructor
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

UTAH BCI Certified Instructor

USCCA Certified Instructor

NROI Range Officer
NRA LIFE Member
ISRA Member

Top Shot Academy

I AM THE NRA
If you're a firearm owner, you should be too.

CCW Safe Membership Info

#49 AlphaKoncepts aka CGS

Firearm Instructor and Gun Rights Activist

• Members
  • 8,549 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 11:21 AM

I paid $57. It was $55 cash, $57 credit card. I usually use my card for business expenses for accounting reasons (incase I lose a receipt). Skokie Accurate Biometrics

-Thomas

Member, ISRA; Life Member, NRA; NRA Certified Instructor, AGI Certified Gunsmith, Illinois Concealed Carry Instructor
www.alphakoncepts.com  www.gunrights4illinois.com  @AlphaKoncepts

#50 Acmeguns

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 11:33 AM

If you have a FFL will that fingerprinting and background check suffice? Or maybe speed it up?

#51 skinnyb82

• Members
  • 7,018 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 06:28 PM

My SD charges $10 for Live Scan or hard cards. I have no idea if they'll do this for IL permit applications but the jailer I talked to when I was getting my prints done for my FL CHL told me I had a choice between the two and I was kinda puzzled as I had to go to a vendor for prints for the IDFPR. Then again I wasn't paying for it so I didn't care heh.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

NRA Member
SAF Member
C&R License Holder

#52 papa

• Members
  • 6,113 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 07:05 PM

For those of you in or nearby Jefferson Co. , the JCSD has a scanner but it in the back in the prisoner area so they won't be doing it. The Mt Vernon PD has a scanner but according to the detective I talked to , they didn't know what all they would have to do to get set up nor the costs involved .

The detective told me that once they found out what all was needed , and if they then decided to do the prints , they would probably advertise they were up and running.

#53 kevinmcc

• Members
  • 2,561 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:18 PM

An equal protection lawsuit arguing that the fees create separate classes? Well, seeing as how Kwong lost in CA2 (it's constitutional to charge a "reasonable fee" to exercise s constitutional right) and Jensen filed for en banc, no matter what happens that case is gonna go to SCOTUS. That kind of case has far reaching implications. It would set a precedent so if a bunch of lower income people were to sue the state, well they'd probably win.

For the record, my local SD does live scan for $10....or free under certain conditions heh.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

I am not disagreeing with you, however...

The Federal Gov't is suing the state of Texas over this very thing right now. They are claiming that Texas's voter ID law is discriminatory against poor and minorities because of the cost/effort involved in getting a state issued ID.

The Left's views on voter ID, Medical Marijuana, College costs, health care are all 100% contradictory to their views on the Second Amendment...

I agree with you 100%

All ID cards should be free of charge.

I have no problem with having to have an ID to exercise a right (proof of citizenship) as long as it is free and you do not have to wait a more than a month to get your ID.

The problem is the government sees opportunity in everything to generate revenue, i.e. tax you to death.

State ID cards, passports, etc... should be free of charge.
Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, NRA
Life Member, Oath Keepers
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation

#54 kevinmcc

• Members
  • 2,561 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:25 PM

$50 to $75 for fingerprints is :frantics: You could find plently of places to do the ink ones for $10. Hopefully some local police departments will be willing to do livescan.

At that price, I would get together with others (like 50) wanting to get printed, pool the money, and order a live scan machine for the Sheriff's department.

Donate to them the machine with the agreement all firearm permitting prints (in state or out of state) are provided at the cost of fees they have to pay or free of charge.
Life Member, NRA

#55 BadWaterBill

• Members
  • 2,491 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:29 PM

I remember back in the 70s My passport was $10.00 and if I remember correctly I sent in a Polaroid photo.

Now they want a special photo and about $100.00 just to visit Canada.

Used to be my DL was good enough.

Politicians saw ANOTHER way to bleed out our wallets.

#56 pdpsc

• Members
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 05:08 AM

At that price, I would get together with others (like 50) wanting to get printed, pool the money, and order a live scan machine for the Sheriff's department.

Donate to them the machine with the agreement all firearm permitting prints (in state or out of state) are provided at the cost of fees they have to pay or free of charge.

So you want to find 50 people willing to put up $300 to $400 a piece so you can donate a live scan to the government who will then do live scan for free on an unknown number of people at a loss of $31.50 each plus the time of the operator or even just the loss of the time of the operator. Add in the cost of training, licensing and maintenance and me thinks any sheriff you approach with that "deal" will likely taser you.
ISRA Life Member

#57 kevinmcc

• Members
  • 2,561 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 03:02 PM

So you want to find 50 people willing to put up $300 to $400 a piece so you can donate a live scan to the government who will then do live scan for free on an unknown number of people at a loss of $31.50 each plus the time of the operator or even just the loss of the time of the operator. Add in the cost of training, licensing and maintenance and me thinks any sheriff you approach with that "deal" will likely taser you.

Live scan machines are less than $3,000. If you want to fork out $15,000 to $20,000 on a top of the line premium system then you are nuts. Let me guess, your daily driver is a new Rolls Royce or similar?

So you may need 100 or so people, still I don't agree with paying an additional $30 to $35 to a company for something that takes less than 10 minutes to complete.

I am sure they'd be happy to receive the donation, especially smaller communities that can not afford to purchase such equipment.

There is something to the old way of inked card, it's cheap, nothing to break, and it works.

Edited by kevinmcc, 01 September 2013 - 03:06 PM.

Life Member, NRA

#58 Elmer Fudd

CPA

• Members
  • 5,899 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 03:04 PM

If you don't want to pay the $30 then don't bother...you only need prints as an instructor.....if you just want a CCL then don't do prints and wait the extra 30 days..no one is forcing you to get a permit.

#59 BadWaterBill

• Members
  • 2,491 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 03:56 PM

Since I already have a Utah CCW card which automatically sent my prints to the FBI why should I have to bother the FBI AGAIN.

And that was done the OLD FASHIONED way, Ink and pad.

Just another way of making it to expensive for most folks to think about enjoying something MY constitution said I have a right to.

I have waited over 70+ years so what does another 30 days mean?

#60 pdpsc

• Members
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 08:49 PM

Live scan machines are less than $3,000. If you want to fork out $15,000 to $20,000 on a top of the line premium system then you are nuts. Let me guess, your daily driver is a new Rolls Royce or similar?

So you may need 100 or so people, still I don't agree with paying an additional $30 to $35 to a company for something that takes less than 10 minutes to complete.

I am sure they'd be happy to receive the donation, especially smaller communities that can not afford to purchase such equipment.

There is something to the old way of inked card, it's cheap, nothing to break, and it works.

I'm sorry I engaged in this discussion with you. You clearly know more about live scan fingerprinting and running a successful small business than I do.

One favor, please post updates as you implement your plan.
ISRA Life Member