Photo

Kel Tec Pmr 30

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
18 replies to this topic

#1 Dave D

• Members
  • 1,671 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:28 AM

Anyone have one of these? 22 mag 30 shot.

I just bought one, it will be here in a couple of days. Wondering if its hype or if it will be back up for sale. I bought it to carry around the woods, dogs, snakes whatever...

Attached Thumbnails

• kel_22wmr.jpg

Lets break something!

Feel free to put me on ignore....

#2 Bud

• Members
  • 6,869 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:47 AM

I would really like to have one but can't see paying the horrendous prices they are asking for one

Bud

Dico Tibi Verum, Libertas Optima Rerum Nunquam Servili Sub Nexu Vivito, Fili.

ITWT Club Member 001

ONE STATE- ONE LAW

#3 Dave D

• Members
  • 1,671 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:53 AM

I would really like to have one but can't see paying the horrendous prices they are asking for one

I have been wanting one for quite some time, they are dropping a bit now.

Hickok 45 video on it is promising... http://www.youtube.c...&v=ti9bs-7ES2M#!
Lets break something!

#4 pyre400

Political opinions expressed are always my own.

• Admin
  • 7,728 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:54 AM

^ same here. Very interesting gun in function - a little odd looking, but 30 rd 22wmr capacity makes up for that, IMO.

All the "new" kel tecs suck due to availability and price. I can think of 3 that I would like to add to my collection, but I'll probably be waiting for the patents to expire before I can find one at a decent price.

#5 Dave D

• Members
  • 1,671 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:54 AM

At least 22 mag ammo can be had.....lol
Lets break something!

#6 Dave D

• Members
  • 1,671 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:57 AM

^ same here. Very interesting gun in function - a little odd looking, but 30 rd 22wmr capacity makes up for that, IMO.

All the "new" kel tecs suck due to availability and price. I can think of 3 that I would like to add to my collection, but I'll probably be waiting for the patents to expire before I can find one at a decent price.

It looks smaller in the video than in the picture.... I was worried it would be on the bulky side.
Lets break something!

#7 Bud

• Members
  • 6,869 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:02 AM

I fired one at a 'factory day' in Arizzona the first year they were out. Puts out a huge number of rounds in a very short time with a tremendous amount of flash and suitable explosions.

I think if you had to fire it a BG, even if you missed he woukld probably die of a fear induced heart attack.

Bud

ITWT Club Member 001

ONE STATE- ONE LAW

#8 Dave D

• Members
  • 1,671 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:05 AM

I think if you had to fire it a BG, even if you missed he woukld probably die of a fear induced heart attack.

Nice! I was told this is made in full auto too....
Lets break something!

#9 wtr100

• Supporting Members Team
  • 4,505 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:31 AM

Guy who does my farming has on - runs reliably with 1 mag out of three - the other two not so much
Have your musket clean as a whistle, hatchet scoured, 60 rounds powder and ball and be ready to march at a minute's warning

ISRA Life Member
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Instructor Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun
NRA Designated Range Safety Officer
ISP Approved Concelaed Carry Instructor

#10 Bud

• Members
  • 6,869 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:07 AM

Here's the full auto submachine gun version:

Bud

ITWT Club Member 001

ONE STATE- ONE LAW

#11 Capt_Destro

• Members
  • 1,827 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:19 AM

Looks fun but like many have complained about, the price tag is ridiculous for a rim fire pistol.
When picking a firearm, you want one that is like a heavy chick. A gun that is reliable, doesn't mind getting rough, and one that goes bang every time. What's the point of having something pretty looking it isn't up for the task?

#12 TyGuy

• Supporting Members Team
  • 10,625 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:21 AM

A friend of mine wants one. Feel free to PM me if you wish to sell it.

ILSP Approved CCW Instructor
NRA Endowment Member
ISRA Member
GOA Member

Buy my stuff!

My favorite post ----- Walmart Thread ----- Ammo Alert Thread ---- Daily Deals Thread

#13 Dave D

• Members
  • 1,671 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:54 AM

Looks fun but like many have complained about, the price tag is ridiculous for a rim fire pistol.

Msrp is $419, these were actually selling for as little as $289 when they first came out. They have been double the price for more than a year. Triple in the panic... And Kel Tec refuses to ramp up production.....
Lets break something!

#14 Uncle Harley

• Members
  • 4,802 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:12 AM

Msrp is $419, these were actually selling for as little as $289 when they first came out. They have been double the price for more than a year. Triple in the panic... And Kel Tec refuses to ramp up production.....

My guy still has them listed @ $329 but I have been on his list for over 2 yrs. He doens't get them in often. I held one at a gun show and am glad I didn't pay the $700-$1200 I've seen them go for on GB, I will gladly wait.
"A river cuts through a rock not because of its power but its persistence." - Jim Watkins

Comment on this thread for a chance to win a Glock and a pizza http://illinoiscarry...showtopic=51095

#15 Dave D

• Members
  • 1,671 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:16 PM

If you can get one, grab it. It shoots like a toy! Seems to be accurate. I see why they are in such demand...
Lets break something!

#16 Bud

• Members
  • 6,869 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:30 PM

Kel Tec hasn't refused to ramp up production at all.

They build in cycles. Everyone of their employees is involved in building then assembling the firearms they produce. The will build the PMR 30 for a set time period cycle, then the whole plant changes over to the next firearm, saym the Sub 2000 and everyone builds that for a cycle.

That way, none of their lines goi down for lack of parts because all of the parts for the sepparate guns are ordered and arrive outside the build cycle.

Kel Tec has a LOT of very popular firearms in their product line. But, until they can increase their production lines, there will be a shortage of available product for a long time to come

Bud

ITWT Club Member 001

ONE STATE- ONE LAW

#17 Uncle Harley

• Members
  • 4,802 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:12 PM

The best way to get one is get an Leo buddy to buy 2 they will sell direct to active LEO the reason I say 2 is if he just buys one he'll never want to sell it

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2

"A river cuts through a rock not because of its power but its persistence." - Jim Watkins

Comment on this thread for a chance to win a Glock and a pizza http://illinoiscarry...showtopic=51095

#18 Capt_Destro

• Members
  • 1,827 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:19 PM

The best way to get one is get an Leo buddy to buy 2 they will sell direct to active LEO the reason I say 2 is if he just buys one he'll never want to sell it

Oh really? So I could get a Keltec KSG at MSRP if I get hired on at a department in the near future?
When picking a firearm, you want one that is like a heavy chick. A gun that is reliable, doesn't mind getting rough, and one that goes bang every time. What's the point of having something pretty looking it isn't up for the task?

#19 Uncle Harley

• Members
  • 4,802 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:01 PM

Oh really? So I could get a Keltec KSG at MSRP if I get hired on at a department in the near future?

Yes if your dept will let you use their letter head the way it was explained to me was you sent a request for information with a dept letterhead and they will send you a packet that you have to fill out that includes badge number etc I believe it requires signature from dept chief that states you are an active member in good standing etc. Once they have you on file they will sell to you at a steep discount and ship to your ffl to do the transfer