Photo

the upcoming Chicago Firearms Meetup

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 VVelox

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:05 PM

Howdy Y'all!

We are now at two weeks from the next one, 2013-03-21. 18:00 still sound good to every one? Any one have any opinions on easy to reach places via public transit? Last time we discussed occasionally moving it around.

Also have registered the domain name "chicagofirearmsmeetup.org". Not got around to populating it yet, but will begin using host basic information, basically time/place and redirecting people to other locations for more information. Should not take to long, but will depend on the time I have available to write a quick port for Toader and it's dependencies.

#2 Bimmer

• Supporting Members Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:19 PM

Awesome, I'm there...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

#3 VVelox

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:38 AM

So every one interested good with Billy Goat tavern at 330 South Wells Street? I know there was a bit of talk last time about possible some place else, but not seen any posts yet about for this next one.

#4 karim18

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:43 AM

Billy Goat works for me... awesome cheeburgers :)

#5 VVelox

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:09 AM

This is coming up this Thursday this week. Just look for the guy in the black broad brimmed hat with a copy of one of Jeff Coopers books on the table.

And as always, as we are meeting at a bar/restaurant, please be sure to buy something so we stay welcomed guests. And it is probally a good idea to be low key as to not attract any interesting attention. Remember Chicago is for all effective purposes enemy territory and is unfriendly to us. No reason to make any of them feel justified.

Also now have the site up, http://ChicagoFirearmsMeetup.org/ , still need to finish a few things in regards to it. Big thing being finishing writing the various legal primers.

Any body have any thoughts on possibly getting more people out? I have cross posted this to THR and going to post it to r/guns later tonight.

EDIT: Now posted to Reddit. http://www.reddit.co...800_billy_goat/

Edited by VVelox, 17 March 2013 - 08:19 AM.

#6 solareclipse2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 02:43 PM

Nice. Your post made it over to /r/guns. Unfortunately I can't attend the meet because it would keep me out way too late. Hope you guys have fun.
I WILL LOSE EVERY ARGUMENT FROM NOW ON, I WILL WALK AWAY FROM EVERY FIGHT OR CONFRONTATION, I WILL TAKE THE HIGH ROAD.