A Way for Your Voice to be Heard at Speaker Madigan's Public Hearings on Proposed Right to Carry and Other Gun Issues.
Public Invited to Speak and/or File Witness Slips
Speaker Mike Madigan has called for two public hearings for Illinois residents to voice their support or opposition to proposed Right to Carry legislation.
This is an opportunity to speak out against a Chicago-style carry law and in support of a fair and reasonable law. It is also an opportunity to speak against firearm and magazine bans and other firearm related issues. Please plan to attend one of these meetings and make your voice heard. Seating will be limited so plan to arrive early.
If you cannot attend, please go online and file a witness slip for Feb.19 hearing showing your support or opposition to key firearm related issues. Link for Feb. 22, 2013 hearing.
Instructions on how to fill out the witness slips:
1. Fill out identification information. If you are filing as an individual, enter "NA" for firm/business/agency and also for title.
2. Enter "NA" for "persons, groups, firms represented".
3. Position. You will need to enter each subject matter issue you wish to support or oppose. Click on the circle beside your choice of position. (DO NOT USE THE ARROW KEYS, doing so will change your vote - use the scroll bar to navigate around the page).
4. Enter the next item.
Suggested subject matter to enter
Shall issue license carry - proponent
Statewide preemption for license to carry - proponent
May issue License to carry - opponent
Firearm ban - opponent
Magazine ban - opponent
Ammunition ban - opponent
Registration of firearm/magazines - opponent
Banning private sales/transfers of firearms - opponent
One gun a month - opponent
Report lost or stolen firearm - opponent
5. Testimony - check "record of appearance" if you are not giving oral or written testimony.
6. Please submit only one slip per person.
Don't miss this important opportunity
to be heard!!
Tuesday, Feb. 19, 2013
Room 114 State Capitol
Attendees will be required to show official state identification and pass through strict security.
Friday, Feb. 22, 2013
6th Floor Committee Room, Michael A. Bilandic Bldg.
160 N. LaSalle St