Photo

UPDATE 1/1/13 NEW Developments

Cullerton\s gun bans

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
134 replies to this topic

#121 Mr. Fife

Nip it

• Supporting Members Team
  • 6,510 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:22 AM

I hope Preckwinkle is calling, this bill could hurt her revenue stream.

Illinois Concealed Carry Firearms Instructor
Utah Concealed Carry Firearms Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
Have all boated who fish? Have all boated who fish?

#122 bushyfan24

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:24 AM

Got thru to Cullerton about 9am. The lady was polite but obvioisly already frazzled. Be sure to be polite, the people answering just work there.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

#123 skinnyb82

• 4,778 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:00 AM

The economic implications of this bill should definitely be pointed out. Thousands of people will lose their jobs if this bill passes, not to mention the mass exodus of taxpayers which has been pointed out.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

NRA Member
SAF Member
C&R License Holder

#124 Onytay

• Members
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:06 AM

The economic implications of this bill should definitely be pointed out. Thousands of people will lose their jobs if this bill passes, not to mention the mass exodus of taxpayers which has been pointed out.

Its obvious the state doesn't care about businesses or whether or not taxpayers leave the state, they know a dependent type would just replace them with a vote in the next election.

#125 cgs

Help me get my FFL, Click my Profile for more info!

• Members
  • 6,128 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:09 AM

Some people such as myself can't leave if we wanted to, and I would have already left if I could. Almost did 2 years ago which is when I learned I couldn't. I've never been in jail, but I feel like I'm stuck in jail now and have reluctantly accepted the fact that I'll probably be stuck here for the next 18 or so years.

Edited by cgs, 02 January 2013 - 11:10 AM.

-Thomas

Member, ISRA; Life Member, NRA; NRA Certified Instructor, AGI Certified Gunsmith, Illinois Carry Conceal Instructor

http://www.chicagogunsmith.com

http://www.firearmtrainingchicago.com

#126 skinnyb82

• 4,778 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:49 AM

Some people such as myself can't leave if we wanted to, and I would have already left if I could. Almost did 2 years ago which is when I learned I couldn't. I've never been in jail, but I feel like I'm stuck in jail now and have reluctantly accepted the fact that I'll probably be stuck here for the next 18 or so years.

I was already considering moving back to Madison long before all this went down simply because the job market here SUCKS, even for me and I'm a CPA w/ an MBA and two bachelor's. Got a job but I'd rather live in a pro-business climate. I grew up in Madison and love the city, despise the hippies on State St. and liberals who live there but I'd rather live in a city that's liberal than a state that even tries to screw its citizens by violating half of the Bill of Rights. Not to mention IL is bankrupt (fiscally, and morally).

NRA Member
SAF Member
C&R License Holder

#127 papa

• 3,890 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:10 PM

I've got people calling who've never called before. :D

Me also. Some of these people stated they were on the fence about an evil black rifle and / or standard magazine capacity ban but when I said it was including a bunch of shotguns and pump action rifles they changed their attitude quick.

#128 Trevis

• Members
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:32 PM

I've been emailing about this to all the reps, including the idiots who are in the pocket of the gun-grabbers. Keep vigilant.

"You know, there are some words I've known since I was a schoolboy: 'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' Those words were uttered by Judge Aaron Satie, as wisdom...and warning. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged..." - Capt. Jean-Luc Picard

“But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case it is unfit to exist.”

― Lysander SpoonerNo Treason: The Constitution of No Authority

1AApp.jpg

#129 Johnny5.56

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:08 PM

An attack on the 2A rights of those in Illinois is an attack on all of us! I support what you guys are doing 100%. Is there anything that I can do to help from NC?

Signed,
Johnny (former Chicagoan).

#130 Steve O

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:13 PM

An attack on the 2A rights of those in Illinois is an attack on all of us! I support what you guys are doing 100%. Is there anything that I can do to help from NC?

Signed,
Johnny (former Chicagoan).

As a South Dakotan former Ill'Anoyed you can support this forum and SAF, NRA, GOA, JPFO and call and write your jelly back boned representation and tell them that this is UN freaking acceptable in the USA!!!!
"The more criminal the leadership of a country becomes, the easier it is for the average person to find himself labeled a criminal by that same leadership." ME

"A government that does not trust it’s law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust.” James Madison.

“To prohibit a citizen from wearing or carrying a war arm… is an unwarranted restriction upon the constitutional right to keep and bear arms. If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of constitutional privilege.” [Wilson v. State, 33 Ark. 557, at 560, 34 Am. - 1878"]

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness.

#131 Howard Roark

• Members
  • 2,004 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:42 PM

Howard, in post #75 are you suggesting that the authors of this bill consider the book Unintended Consequences? Maybe a copy should be sent to each of them to read. Might be good food for thought.

I was indeed. I read it two years ago. Awesome book. Should be required reading for every person who considers themselves part of the "gun culture" (better called American Culture).

http://www.amazon.co...s/dp/1888118040

Posted Image

Edited by Howard Roark, 02 January 2013 - 10:43 PM.

Howard Roark
Yay guns!!! boooo anti-gunners!

#132 dmefford

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:59 PM

Howard, in post #75 are you suggesting that the authors of this bill consider the book Unintended Consequences? Maybe a copy should be sent to each of them to read. Might be good food for thought.

I was indeed. I read it two years ago. Awesome book. Should be required reading for every person who considers themselves part of the "gun culture" (better called American Culture).

http://www.amazon.co...s/dp/1888118040

Posted Image

Yep...
Visit my Blog: "Shall Not Be Infringed"

Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.
--Thomas Jefferson to I. Tiffany, 1819

#133 CMonger

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:58 AM

We need to forget firearm stuff and immediately put forth a recall vote for Quinn. This f***ing shithole of a state is being torn apart at the seams and they are worried about this crap. Next go after our attorney General Madigan for complete dereliction of all duties. We need the war to be on different fronts other than 2nd amendment issues. We need to stop the evil at the source. Im tired of focusing on stopping bad bills. We need to stop them from ever being written by getting rid of the writers. We need all of these morons in our legislature to get really scared about losing their jobs. Nothing else will work. This is the time for all So called Blue Dogs to go independent and switch sides, effectively ending Madigans reign. Its time to take this state back or lose it forever to this madness. We may not have a Supreme court makeup in a few years to help us on our issues so we have to stop this now.

How many votes dobwe need to recall Quinn? At this point I think 80+% of gun owners would sign on. Plus a lot of people p***** off about taxes and pensions

The Madigan crime family must go, too.
I support an immediate ban on these hideous, dangerous weapons capable of mass destruction: Feinstein, Pelosi, and Jackson-Lee.

#134 Hancock

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:32 PM

Glad that we beat them back yet again. I would love to hear from fellow gunners on how we can go MUCH further in supporting our gun rights.

The nonsense has got to stop.
Thank You

#135 skinnyb82

• 4,778 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:41 PM

Well they moved on unions now too so...figure out what's next. p***** off unions, p***** off gun owners, p***** off Evangelicals. That's a recipe for disaster anywhere.

NRA Member
SAF Member
C&R License Holder