Photo

My cousin had a court date for a traffic ticket that he missed because he would have been AWOL if he went

foid awol warrant Ogle Winnebago army marines

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 borgranta

• Members
  • 3,278 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:43 PM

My cousin had a court date for a traffic ticket that he missed because he would have been AWOL if he went and as a result he has a warrant and can not get a FOID card the. The warrant is in Ogle county and he lives in Winnebago county. He served in both the army and than in the marines. Is there any legal advice to help him fight for his rights

Edited by borgranta, 23 November 2012 - 02:47 PM.

The 2nd amendment was intended not only for protecting against tyranny but also enforcing and protecting the rule of law and the sovereignty of the states and the country as a whole which includes repelling invasions. If the citizens were not disarmed in New Orleans after Katrina than the lawlessnes would have been either reduced or eliminated.

#2 Talonap

• Members
  • 1,946 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:19 PM

Was he able to call the court before his date and explain the situation? Perhaps his base JAG office can help?

#3 Buzzard

• Members
  • 8,875 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:35 PM

What was the ticket for? Why didn't he try to satisfy the court before the "must appear" date lapsed?
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes,
but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda,
they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." — Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

#4 Buzzard

• Members
  • 8,875 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:24 PM

...Perhaps his base JAG office can help?

I would say 'Talonap' has a pretty good suggestion. Now that the 'must appear' date has passed, your cousin has only made matters worse.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes,
but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda,
they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." — Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

#5 abolt243

Tim Bowyer

• 11,273 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:29 PM

I'm thinking that not being able to get a FOID is the least of his worries. Contact the JAG office at his base ASAP. And stay on the base.

AB
Are you a member of the ISRA?? If not, why not?? Join over 18,000 other Illinois gun owners in the fight for your rights!!!

The Roman Empire fell due to a large, corrupt government, overspending, an overextended military, insecure borders, and the illegal immigration of Goths, barbarians (anyone who was not educated), and religious fanatics. Sound familiar?

"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."
--Samuel Adams

Luke 11:21 - "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed." NASB

#6 Danielm60660

• Members
  • 1,162 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 12:38 PM

How long ago did this happen? Is he still on active duty or was this some time ago? If this was pretty recent it should be fixable. If he let it drag out and just wants to fix it so he can get his foid then he'll be in a bit more of a pickle, I think.

#7 bob

• Members
  • 5,148 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:58 PM

He needs competent legal help based on his actual situation, not random guesses from people on the Internet based on tidbits of information handed out by a third party.
bob

Disclaimers: I am not a lawyer, cop, soldier, gunsmith, politician, plumber, electrician, or a professional practitioner of many of the other things I comment on in this forum.

The opinions expressed by this poster do not reflect the official stance of Illinois Carry. Apparently there was some confusion on the part of at least one person that it does, and I want to make things clear that my opinion is my own and that whatever the official stance of IC is or is not at present, it may or may not reflect my own opinion.

http://ilbob.blogspot.com/

#8 mstrat

• Members
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:54 PM

He needs competent legal help based on his actual situation, not random guesses from people on the Internet based on tidbits of information handed out by a third party.

Ease up on the snark.

He sounded pretty lost and clueless before, and now he knows about the JAG corp. These "random guesses" from people on the internet, at least in this case, are invaluable and hard-to-dispute bits of advice.

If people were advising him, on the other hand, to sacrifice a goat and do a rain dance to fix his problems... then maybe you can get on your high horse and set 'em straight.
ProtectIllinois.org: Share this link to teach others about RTC in IL

#9 Xwing

• Members
  • 5,886 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:06 PM

He should sacrifice a goat, and then do a rain dance. That will solve it for sure! :shtf:
NRA Lifetime Member
IGOLD 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
CCW Laws: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)
Posted anti-gun business listing: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)
Illinois Government: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)