Photo

No gun sign

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
107 replies to this topic

#1 kurt555gs

• Members
  • 2,371 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:00 AM

]

This is at the Waffle House by IL3 & I-270. Why? This is in Illinois

* Carthago Delenda Est *
Kurt on G+

#2 05FLHT

TCB.

• Members
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:08 AM

There is also a 'no firearms' sign at the Chuck E Cheese in Batavia, but I'm pretty sure it's a corporate policy.
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
IL Concealed Carry Firearm Instructor

#3 RandyP

• Members
  • 2,058 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:14 AM

See all the posts made on this forum regarding "container/fanny pack" carry by Illinois residents.I'm guessing the management of the store does not want guns brought in to their shoppe?

I'm more troubled by the thought of eating the food at a Waffle House - LOL

#4 vezpa

Illinoiscarry.com Funnyman

• Supporting Members Team
  • 3,765 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:49 AM

Get used to these signs. Cook County residents will soon see them clearly posted on every establishment, and every time they blink. It will be all the anti's have left and they will use it in force.

Edited by vezpa, 05 May 2012 - 08:50 AM.

Stand Your Ground

#5 Drylok

• Members
  • 8,685 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 09:03 AM

Yep you guys have a long battle ahead of you in that regard. Good thing concealed is concealed and Vandermyde wrote the bill the way he did or you guys would be screwed.
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks"
-Thomas Jefferson-

Now two flags fly above my land that really sum up how I feel. One is the colors that fly high and proud the red, the white, the blue. The other ones got a rattle snake with a simple statement made, don't tread on me, is what it says and I'll take that to my grave
-Aaron Lewis-

#6 TyGuy

• 10,258 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 09:45 AM

They hate cops?

Edited by TyGuy, 05 May 2012 - 09:46 AM.

ILSP Approved CCW Instructor
NRA Endowment Member
ISRA Member
GOA Member

Buy my stuff!

My favorite post ----- Walmart Thread ----- Ammo Alert Thread ---- Daily Deals Thread

#7 milq

• Members
  • 2,199 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 10:17 AM

If I recall from my time living in GA and NC, all Waffle House buildings are posted as such.
Good night Chesty, wherever you are.

Visit my Illinois RTC/Pro 2A blog: Steel on Target

#8 colt-45

• Members
  • 2,343 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 10:30 AM

cops are exempt from the no gun signs. they can walk into any place with there guns.

#9 05FLHT

TCB.

• Members
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 10:41 AM

cops are exempt from the no gun signs. they can walk into any place with there guns.

Not private property. I have read stories where off duty LEO have been asked to leave Chuck E Cheese because they refuse to disarm prior to entry.
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
IL Concealed Carry Firearm Instructor

#10 lockman

• Members
  • 5,996 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 11:04 AM

They hate cops?

If they are not there on official police business then they will violate the owners wishes just as much as any otherwise legal carrier.

It just reinforces the privileged class like WI, where off duty LEO's commit felonies on a daily basis carrying on school grounds. They have no legal exemption.
"We must, indeed, all hang together, or most assuredly we shall all hang separately."
-- Benjamin Franklin, 1776

Life Member NRA, ISRA, CCRKBA & SAF

#11 Xwing

• Members
  • 5,917 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 03:21 PM

There are many anti-gun companies that just post as a matter of course. I guess they decided to do all locations, regardless of state. I've been working to compile listings of posted locations in various states. In fact, it'll be my next iPhone and Android app; hopefully coming out in a week or two. It doesn't matter yet in Illinois. But once we have CCW passed, loads of anti businesses will start putting up such signs.
NRA Lifetime Member
IGOLD 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
CCW Laws: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)
Posted anti-gun business listing: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)
Illinois Government: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)

#12 bersa380

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 04:04 PM

I like it that they post these signs.
Lets me know where to spend my money.

Sent from my MB870 using Tapatalk 2

#13 sirflyguy

• Members
  • 1,467 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 04:15 PM

My opinion: There will be A LOT of no guns signs initially when we get concealed carry. When the businesses determine that it hurts them to do that, they will ease off. Most aren't so much really against it as they are ignorant of the facts.

Certified NRA Pistol Instructor
NRA-Certified Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA-Certified Personal Protection In the Home Instructor

NRA-Certified Personal Protection Outside the Home Instructor 

NRA-Certified Range Safety Officer

IL FCCA Approved Instructor

#14 Uncle Harley

• Members
  • 4,766 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 09:10 PM

There is also a 'no firearms' sign at the Chuck E Cheese in Batavia, but I'm pretty sure it's a corporate policy since IN.

if it is a corporate policy the one in Indy isn't posted I carried there last yr at my kids birthday party
it was pretty obvious too since IN allows open carry I don't put much effort into covering nobody even gave a second look
"A river cuts through a rock not because of its power but its persistence." - Jim Watkins

Comment on this thread for a chance to win a Glock and a pizza http://illinoiscarry...showtopic=51095

#15 Uncle Harley

• Members
  • 4,766 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 09:24 PM

[q
uote name=' Xwing' timestamp='1336252907' post='326962']
There are many anti-gun companies that just post as

a matter of course. I guess they decided to do all locations, regardless of state. I've been working to compile listings of posted locations in various states. In fact, it'll be my next iPhone and Android app; hopefully coming out in a week or two. It doesn't matter yet in Illinois. But once we have CCway you can put if on there W passed, loads of anti businesses will start putting up such signs.
[/quote
Any way you can put on there if the postings carry the weight of the law for example you can not be arrested in I N For carrying in a posted establishment unless it is a sensitive area covered under state and or federal law like a court house

"A river cuts through a rock not because of its power but its persistence." - Jim Watkins

Comment on this thread for a chance to win a Glock and a pizza http://illinoiscarry...showtopic=51095

#16 John Wisch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 09:28 PM

Well, I'm pretty sure the next guy that robs the Waffle House is going to ignore the sign on the door. Not to mention why is it not in Spanish also?
John Wisch

Remax Property Source
Rockford, IL. 61114
815-227-9000

#17 TFC

• Members
  • 1,930 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 03:33 AM

You know, I wonder if someone who is illiterate is being discriminated against with these signs? Should they be required to have them in Cantonese? I want one in Aramaic. :geek: :poke:

Edited by TFC, 06 May 2012 - 03:33 AM.

~If you speak of a gun as a toy, then you see medical waste as playground filler. Yes, it means you're a screwed up individual.~
~"An invasion of mainland America is unwise. Behind every blade of grass a rifle would await us"
-Yamamoto Isoroku
I predicted that Chicago/Cook county will be sold out in order to get "shall issue".
Based on the restrictions on carry in Chicago/Cook County, I was right.

...doing just enough to keep them out of Federal Court...

#18 junglebob

• 5,024 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 07:29 AM

Well, I'm pretty sure the next guy that robs the Waffle House is going to ignore the sign on the door. Not to mentio why is it not in Spanish also?

Well, I'm pretty sure the next guy that robs the Waffle House is going to ignore the sign on the door. Not to mention why is it not in Spanish also?

I wonder if a hispanic non-english speaker could use the defense that it wasn't in spanish and win? I noticed no -guns on the door of the Southern Illinois newspaper just recently. It may be corporate policy, they are owed by Lee Enterprises. Newspapers don 't seem to be outstanding supporters of our second amendment rights, of course. Are there any exceptions to that generalization?

I expect more p laces will be putting up those signs in the future when we get right to carry through.
Disarming the people (is) the best and most effectual way to enslave them. George Mason

Remember the 1991 Luby Cafeteria Massacre of the Unarmed (Kileen, Texas before Texas Concealed Carry) Do we need 23 people to die in a similar incident before we're allowed effective self defense?

Three school masacres have been stopped by civilians with firearms. Two with handguns and the third by a guy with a shotgun. (Pearl, Ms; Appalacian School of Law; Edinboro,Pa)

#19 RECarry

• 1,207 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 08:40 AM

This is like putting up NO PARKING signs in every store lot because from time to time, someone loses it and crashes through a store window. A store can avoid all liability by keeping vehicles 100' away at all times. It ticks me off royally when law-abiding citizens get thrown under the bus due to the actions of a few, or the ignorance of many. Worse, these signs send the emssage to the public that anyone carrying a firearm is a threat, rather than a potential solution to a Lane Bryant type incident. So, instead of the public getting used to the idea of concealed carry when it passes, the public will be conditioned to freak out, and will not recognize that there could be a "good guy" who draws in a situation where he/she could save lives.

The "educational" response could be a bumper sticker like this:
"2nd Amendment supporter reserves the right to not assist anyone who would deny my 2nd Amendment right to defend myself.

A bit over the top, sure, but the alternative is letting the MSM and mall owners condition the public in a biased way.
A woman's "Right to Choose" the abortion issue starts with the words "No!", "Stop!", and "I am armed!".

#20 colt-45

• Members
  • 2,343 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 08:43 AM

i don't think that Wal-Mart will put up one of those sign's. that's where i do most of my shopping anyway. but if they do than i will take money some where else.

#21 SFC Stu

• Members
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:19 AM

If I recall from my time living in GA and NC, all Waffle House buildings are posted as such.

I travel a lot and have never seen a properly posted Waffle House. I like their food and carry 24/7. I won't spend money in Illinois untill I can legally carry.

#22 Drylok

• Members
  • 8,685 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:32 AM

You guys in chicago need to get your cross breed super tuck IWBs now and start experimenting with what position on your waist is comfortable and what position hides it best. If you tuck your shirt it is going to take some trial and error to find the right spot and it takes a lot of practice to be able to rip, access, draw and fire in 2 1/2 seconds. Some people give me crap about carrying everywhere I can under 182 but I'm doing so I can be best prepared for when we can carry everywhere. There are some types of jeans that I can't wear because the belt loops don't match up with where the clips need to be on my iwb and some pants make it ride higher or lower. There's a lot more to it than just slapping it on and walking out the door.
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks"
-Thomas Jefferson-

Now two flags fly above my land that really sum up how I feel. One is the colors that fly high and proud the red, the white, the blue. The other ones got a rattle snake with a simple statement made, don't tread on me, is what it says and I'll take that to my grave
-Aaron Lewis-

#23 milq

• Members
  • 2,199 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:39 AM

. Newspapers don 't seem to be outstanding supporters of our second amendment rights, of course. Are there any exceptions to that generalization?

I'd guess that once you get away from the locally owned newspapers, this holds mostly true. I've seen several examples of Pro 2A stuff from the editor of our local paper anyway, our local radio is the same way.
I don't read The Southern regularly, but the few articles I've read over the years in it have been well balanced at least.
Good night Chesty, wherever you are.

Visit my Illinois RTC/Pro 2A blog: Steel on Target

#24 colt-45

• Members
  • 2,343 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 10:45 AM

i have been doing that for the past 4months and i have a kimber 3 inch and thinking about going back to a 2half inch 357 s&w. and your right it's not that easy to just walk out the door, but I've been trying.

#25 Drylok

• Members
  • 8,685 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 01:47 PM

In the time I've spent in IN and MO and when we went of vacation in TN I've always tried to find a no guns sign and have never seen one. I wonder if businesses in those states started out posting but then took them down after a few years. I venture to guess that IN businesses have never posted but I do wonder about NO, TN and some of the other fairly young shall issue states.
-Thomas Jefferson-

-Aaron Lewis-

#26 Buckfarrack

• 1,271 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 02:52 PM

Maybe that's the case in GA and NC but not SC at this Waffle House.Evidently it's not a corporate policy.Remember this.....

http://seattletimes....seshooting.html

hope the link works THIS TIME!

Edited by Buckfarrack, 06 May 2012 - 02:56 PM.

ILCCL exp date: 02/28/2019                                   Supporting Members Team

A gun sign,is a sign...THEY LOST!   T.Vandermyde

#27 snubjob

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 03:17 PM

My opinion: There will be A LOT of no guns signs initially when we get concealed carry. When the businesses determine that it hurts them to do that, they will ease off. Most aren't so much really against it as they are ignorant of the facts.

Yes. And they need to check the facts first before posting signs that turn away paying customers.

#28 drdoom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 04:43 PM

They're just signs guys, plus that Hale Demar law will come in handy real soon.

#29 Indigo

Just another silver-haired devil

• 2,465 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 04:48 PM

Buckeye Firearms Foundation has "No Guns = No Money" cards for use with businesses that post "No Guns" signs. (http://www.buckeyefi...Stuff-Mall#ngnm)

The front says " Your “no gun” sign prevents me from patronizing your business. So I, my family, and other gunowners will spend our money with your competitors. Look on the back to see why you should remove your sign."

The back says "Your “no gun” sign is bad for business. It does nothing to make you safer. It simply tells criminals you’re an easy target and drives away good customers with a concealed carry license. Unlike most people, license holders have passed a criminal background check. Statistics show we are far more law-abiding than the general public. Our numbers are growing every day. We are ideal customers and will patronize your business if you let us. Remove your sign and I, my family, and many other gun owners
will gladly return."

When we get concealed carry, similar cards will be handy for us to help educate business owners. Our Ohio brethren have had some success with these cards.
  • They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it’s not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance

#30 Sigma

• Members
  • 2,680 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 05:01 PM

just imagine if one business gets 100 of those cards in about a 2 week space. a good businessman will view each card as money thrown out the widow. I mean this isnt like an email or phone call, these were people who were actually in your store.
Exodus 22:2-3
If the thief is found breaking in, and he is struck so that he dies, there shall be no guilt for his bloodshed.

Gun control is not about guns, it's about control. Once they have all the guns, they'll also have complete control.-Abolt

Guns kill people just like beds get girls pregnant.