Photo

April's Firearm News

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 Bud

• Members
  • 6,855 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:22 AM

Bud

Dico Tibi Verum, Libertas Optima Rerum Nunquam Servili Sub Nexu Vivito, Fili.

ITWT Club Member 001

ONE STATE- ONE LAW

#2 Frank

Formerly FrankW438

• Supporting Members Team
  • 1,671 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:51 AM

"Glock has never payed attention to what the market actually wants, and we're currently focused on making our pistols less reliable."

Maybe he was talking about GM, not Glock. :ermm:

NRA Life Member - NRA Basic Pistol Instructor - NRA PPIH Instructor - NRA PPOH Instructor - USPSA Range Officer - IL Firearms Concealed Carry Instructor - ITWT Club Member #438

"The Supreme Court has decided that the amendment confers a right to bear arms for self-defense, which is as important outside the home as inside." -Moore v. Madigan, 7th Circuit Court of Appeals, December 11, 2012

#3 Bud

• Members
  • 6,855 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:52 PM

No, I am a Glock shooter and he was right on the money.

THere are still ongoing problems with the Gen 4 compacts (19 and 23) Makes it hard to use "Glock Perfection" as a trademarked icon

I would love to have a Glock single stack 9mm

I would also love to have a Glock carbine that used Glock pistol magazines

I would like to have a Glock patrol carbine in 5.56 just to see what they came up with

and I don't know anybody that ever needed the Glock entrenching tool. (what was the purpose of that?)

Posted Image

Edited by Bud, 01 May 2012 - 02:56 PM.

Bud

ITWT Club Member 001

ONE STATE- ONE LAW

#4 05FLHT

TCB.

• Members
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:30 PM

Don't worry Bud, I've been reading on the internet (for years now) that a Glock single stack 9mm and Glock carbine are in development and will be released in the very near, probably never future.

Btw, have you checked out the new M&P shield. It fits a niche I already have filled, but would be a top contender otherwise.
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
IL Concealed Carry Firearm Instructor

#5 Bud

• Members
  • 6,855 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:33 AM

Yep, S&W is making HUGE progress on taking Glock business. Here's the new Shield:

Bud

ITWT Club Member 001

ONE STATE- ONE LAW

#6 C0untZer0

• Members
  • 7,995 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:01 AM

I think the M&P is starting to win more LEA contracts, and I think Glock did stumble a bit with their Gen 4 problems.

I think the three things Glock has going for it right now are that they've been around with their striker-fired design for a good period of time, they've had and have contracts with prestigious law enforcement agencies and the Glock is an official NATO pistol - that really awes some people. I think the Beretta 92 benefits from some of that same sort of thing too.

I think some people are just so in love with Glocks they want Glock everything.

I'm surprised Glock hasn't capitalized on this.

If Glock sold mineral oil and called it "Glock Oil" they could sell it for $5.00 an once and thousands of Glock fanatics would buy the stuff. They could re-brand the copper anti-seize lubricant, call it "Glock Grease" and they'd make a billion dollars. There would be Glock fans that would use nothing but Glock oil and Glock grease in their Glocks - I'm sure of it.

If Glock made power tools, I know there are people who would buy them for no other reason than so they could say they have a Glock drill, or Glock saw or Glock whatever...

If Glock made Glock mustache wax people would buy it even if they couldn't grow a mustache to save their lives.

They'd make money if they sold Glock toilet paper!

And the last thing Glock has going for it is a huge after-market.

You can buy trigger, trigger kits, barrels, conversion barrels, slides, frames, EVERYTHING. You can totally customize and personalize a Glock now, due to the huge aftermarket for them.

Can you get a Punisher logo accesory for an M&P - eh... maybe but not as easily as you can find them for Glocks.
‘Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive...those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.‘
- C. S. Lewis

#7 milq

• Members
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:25 AM

C0untZer0: You must be familiar with Harley marketing! Absolutely nobody puts their name on more stuff than HD....even on Ford trucks.
Good night Chesty, wherever you are.

Visit my Illinois RTC/Pro 2A blog: Steel on Target

#8 sirflyguy

• Members
  • 1,479 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 08:21 PM

Yep, S&W is making HUGE progress on taking Glock business. Here's the new Shield:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5N3SzNxTJk&feature=uploademail

I spent some time at the NRA convention with the Shield. I really thought it was a slick piece. I don't need a pistol right now (of course, when has that ever stopped most of us?!), but if i did, I would be tempted to get one of these.

Certified NRA Pistol Instructor
NRA-Certified Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA-Certified Personal Protection In the Home Instructor

NRA-Certified Personal Protection Outside the Home Instructor 

NRA-Certified Range Safety Officer

IL FCCA Approved Instructor