Photo

Rifling damage

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
36 replies to this topic

#31 Getzapped

Gunsmith Extraordinaire

• Supporting Members Team
  • 1,843 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 01:51 PM

i would soak the barrel in hoppes! it would do no good to soak the snake, and unless you have feet like a teradactyl i would advise against that!!!

logoforum_zps0763fe59.png

#32 vezpa

Illinoiscarry.com Funnyman

• 3,758 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 03:12 PM

People shoot glocks with sand and mud in them. There is no damage to your gun. Shoot it and be a happy owner.
Stand Your Ground

#33 TyGuy

• 10,037 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:05 PM

I tried to clean the heck out of it. Soaked it in Hoppes 9 bushed, lather rinse repeat. I still see the marks. :-(

I think it might be scratched. If not the boresnake then I don't know what it is from. I mightnbe able to shoot tomorrow or Sunday. I'll post my shooting results.

ILSP Approved CCW Instructor
NRA Endowment Member
ISRA Member
GOA Member

Buy my stuff!

My favorite post ----- Walmart Thread ----- Ammo Alert Thread ---- Daily Deals Thread

#34 Getzapped

Gunsmith Extraordinaire

• 1,843 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 08:01 AM

It'll be fine just factory marks in it! shoot it and be happy!

logoforum_zps0763fe59.png

#35 TyGuy

• 10,037 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 09:48 AM

I got a Beretta 92 FS Inox about two months ago, and while cleaning it last night I noticed the same marks in the barrel where the cartridge enters. My guess it that it is normal now as I didn't do to the 92 what I accidentally did to the Glock.

ILSP Approved CCW Instructor
NRA Endowment Member
ISRA Member
GOA Member

Buy my stuff!

My favorite post ----- Walmart Thread ----- Ammo Alert Thread ---- Daily Deals Thread

#36 rebel49

• Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 10:46 PM

Take a tight fitting Jag and patch and some JB Bore paste and try polishing the marked area. If ti's a chatter mark from manufacturing or a flaw in the rifleing the bore paste will not remove it. However if it's fouling it will come out with the bore paste.
I have had several pistols in various brands show severe fouling in the bores over the last couple of years from one particular brand of ammo. And it is tough to remove, I mean real tough and none of the copper solvents I have tried has had any effect on the fouling, and I tried them all. If it is fouling be prepared to scrub real hard and long.
Good Luck
Rebel49

#37 FST_Kent

• Members
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 06:46 AM

Why did Glock several years ago start using rifled bbl's instead of using the polygonal bbl exclusively?