Photo

Forum Maintenance - outage

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
23 replies to this topic

#1 pyre400

Political opinions expressed are always my own.

• Admin
  • 7,727 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:04 AM

Hello friends

This is a notice to inform everyone that the site will be undergoing some maintenance late tomorrow evening.
As a result, the forums will be down for a couple of hours.

Hopefully we can get some of the long standing annoyances fixed (including tapatalk) and avoid introducing any new annoyances.

More details will be provided, in this thread, as to the changes made.
Also, any tips or suggestions for the community will be posted in this thread.

The forum maintenance will affect the "look and feel" of the forum, but for the better. Stay tuned, more info to come.

Thank you, and sorry in advance for any inconvenience caused by the outage!

======= to do list =====

Edited by pyre400, 21 April 2012 - 10:52 PM.
Adding to do list

#2 papa

• Supporting Members Team
  • 3,971 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:04 AM

Oh , that's it! Make us oldtimers spend a couple weeks learning how to operate things again. You know I just learned how to turn this thing on and off. :)

#3 pyre400

• Admin
  • 7,727 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:16 AM

Oh , that's it! Make us oldtimers spend a couple weeks learning how to operate things again. You know I just learned how to turn this thing on and off. :)

LOL

Nah.. It'll be like a new car - only without the new car smell (unless you're accessing the forum via mobile device, from your new car)

Head lamp switch will be in the same place.

Turn signals will be in the same place.

Brake pedal, accelerator, shifter, etc - all in the same place.

Only you'll have the new mp3 player to figure out, if you care to. The essence of the forum function will not change.

Disclaimer: Do not browse this forum while driving a new car (or while operating any vehicle/machinery). Forum will not be enhanced to operate vehicle components such as head lamps, turn signals etc...

#4 Talonap

• Members
  • 1,944 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:24 PM

Oh , that's it! Make us oldtimers spend a couple weeks learning how to operate things again. You know I just learned how to turn this thing on and off. :poke:

You can turn it off?????? :thinking:

#5 TFC

• Members
  • 1,930 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 06:28 PM

Dang.... :thinking: And I just figured out how to put the coal in....
~If you speak of a gun as a toy, then you see medical waste as playground filler. Yes, it means you're a screwed up individual.~
~"An invasion of mainland America is unwise. Behind every blade of grass a rifle would await us"
-Yamamoto Isoroku
I predicted that Chicago/Cook county will be sold out in order to get "shall issue".
Based on the restrictions on carry in Chicago/Cook County, I was right.

...doing just enough to keep them out of Federal Court...

#6 F12Mahon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 06:50 PM

Dang.... :thinking: And I just figured out how to put the coal in....

No more clinkers?

Eugene

#7 Buckfarrack

• 1,271 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 06:57 PM

Dang! I was hoping the headlight switch was gonna be put back where it should be so i don't have to lift my leg so high to dim the lights. :thinking:

ILCCL exp date: 02/28/2019                                   Supporting Members Team

A gun sign,is a sign...THEY LOST!   T.Vandermyde

#8 XJCraver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 06:20 AM

This might be on the list to be addressed already, but since you're doing maintenance I thought I'd throw it out there...

When I click an external link that's in a post, my browser is supposed to open a new window. It does. It ALSO replaces the IC page with the linked page that's opening in the new window. Then, when I close the new window and try to click "back" to get back to IC, it won't go. I have to right-click my back button and go thru the history to get back to IC.

That's very annoying. And I'm 99.8% sure it's just an IC issue, since no other sites I visit do that.

If you could check that out, I'd appreciate it. :thumbsup:

#9 Buckfarrack

• 1,271 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 06:35 PM

Editbutton also doesn't work sometimes.

ILCCL exp date: 02/28/2019                                   Supporting Members Team

#10 pyre400

• Admin
  • 7,727 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:02 PM

So far it looks like a few avatars did not convert...

Testing a few emoticons as I dont believe all of them are compatible with the new board software:

:whistle: Posted Image :angel: :frantics:

#11 pyre400

• Admin
  • 7,727 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:18 PM

If your avatar did not convert, and you know the original image type, please post here. I'll try to figure out what happened

#12 Buckfarrack

• 1,271 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 12:40 AM

Wow,posting pics couldn't be easier! Click,click,you're done.Site looks nice too,good job :frantics:

Attached Images

• ribscarznguns 016.jpg
  • ribscarznguns 019.jpg
  • ribscarznguns 025.jpg
  • ribscarznguns 038.jpg

#13 Hatchet

• 2,134 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 05:48 AM

I hate you buck... I want ribs now :frantics: :whistle:

well Looks like mine didnt come over. Time to find a new one anyways...

On a side note. I see that clicking on the thread title doesnt take you to first new post anymore. Damn i liked that feature...

Edited by Hatchet, 21 April 2012 - 05:50 AM.

"Loyalty to the country always. Loyalty to the government when it deserves it."
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." (Winston Churchill).

#14 pyre400

• Admin
  • 7,727 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 06:20 AM

On a side note. I see that clicking on the thread title doesnt take you to first new post anymore. Damn i liked that feature...

Will look at that. I liked that too.

#15 pyre400

• Admin
  • 7,727 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 06:23 AM

Wow,posting pics couldn't be easier! Click,click,you're done.Site looks nice too,good job :frantics:

You're bound to attract some Buzzards with photos like that :whistle:

#16 abolt243

Tim Bowyer

• 11,273 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 06:35 AM

I hate you buck... I want ribs now :frantics: :whistle:

well Looks like mine didnt come over. Time to find a new one anyways...

Looks like clicking on the dot or star next to the title takes you to the first unread post. Am I wrong??

T
Are you a member of the ISRA?? If not, why not?? Join over 18,000 other Illinois gun owners in the fight for your rights!!!

The Roman Empire fell due to a large, corrupt government, overspending, an overextended military, insecure borders, and the illegal immigration of Goths, barbarians (anyone who was not educated), and religious fanatics. Sound familiar?

"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."
--Samuel Adams

Luke 11:21 - "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed." NASB

#17 pyre400

• Admin
  • 7,727 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 06:49 AM

Looking around, there are some other cool preview features as well:

tmp1.JPG

#18 Sigma

• Members
  • 2,669 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 07:02 AM

change is good i like it
Exodus 22:2-3
If the thief is found breaking in, and he is struck so that he dies, there shall be no guilt for his bloodshed.

Gun control is not about guns, it's about control. Once they have all the guns, they'll also have complete control.-Abolt

Guns kill people just like beds get girls pregnant.

#19 pyre400

• Admin
  • 7,727 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 07:09 AM

change is good i like it

Thanks to everyone for the feedback!
We made a very large jump from 3.0.5 to 3.2.3, so there will be lots for all of us to get used to.
As I said though, the core functionality really hasnt changed all that much. Still, if anyone is struggling on something, just post your issue.

#20 mauserme

Eliminating the element of surprise one bill at a time.

• 9,049 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 07:37 AM

Just wanted to test some of the formating I use:

House Calendar

10:00 AM

House Audio/Video Link

How a Bill Becomes a Law

SB0681 - FOID Ammunition Shipment
Support
Senate Sponsor: Luechtefeld, Sullivan
House Sponsor: Costello
Senate Floor Amendment No 1
Replaces everything after the enacting clause. Amends the Firearm Owners Identification Card Act. Permits an Illinois resident to purchase ammunition from a person within or outside of Illinois if shipment is by United States mail or by a private express carrier authorized by federal law to ship ammunition. Provides that a resident purchasing ammunition within or outside the State of Illinois must provide the seller with a copy of his or her valid Firearm Owner's Identification Card and either his or her Illinois driver's license or Illinois State Identification Card prior to the shipment of the ammunition. Effective immediately.

Looks like I'll need to tweak the lines with urls's a little.

Edited by mauserme, 21 April 2012 - 07:38 AM.

Link to ILGA House Audio/Video..........Link to ILGA Senate Audio/Video ..........Link to Livestream Blueroom Events Page

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. - C.S. Lewis

#21 mauserme

Eliminating the element of surprise one bill at a time.

• 9,049 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 07:52 AM

Bold:

Size 4

Just text with bold, color, and size tags (no url)

Pyre, my "House Calendar" tags work for centering, size and such but then don't work later in the post. Here's how I've been doing the links in the past

[/color][/b][/size][/b][/size][/size][/b]

[size=4][b][url=http://ilga.gov/legislation/billstatus.asp?DocNum=681&GAID=11&GA=97&DocTypeID=SB&LegID=55510&SessionID=84][color=green]SB0681 - FOID Ammunition Shipment[/color][/url][/b][/size]

[b][size=4][size=4][b][size=4][b][color=green]

It's wierd. In the code box, I'm adding the middle line staring with setting the size to 4 and ending by turning that tag off. The forum software is adding the top line (turning all tags off) and the bottom line (turning tags back on). Any ideas?

ETA Looking back at older ILGA threads ( March 30, 2012 for example), even in existing threads the bold and size tags are no longer working in the links to bills even though the color tag does. Bold seems to work later, in plain text lines.

Edited by mauserme, 21 April 2012 - 08:16 AM.

Link to ILGA House Audio/Video..........Link to ILGA Senate Audio/Video ..........Link to Livestream Blueroom Events Page

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. - C.S. Lewis

#22 papa

• 3,971 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:21 AM

There used to be a ... mark forums read ... area at upper right side that would clear the page. I am not seeing it now and I have 2 pages of topics. Am I missing something ? Thanks

#23 abolt243

Tim Bowyer

• 11,273 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:30 AM

There used to be a ... mark forums read ... area at upper right side that would clear the page. I am not seeing it now and I have 2 pages of topics. Am I missing something ? Thanks

Still there on the individual forum page. I don't see it on the "new topics" page. Might have to go to each individual forum to "clear the page".
Are you a member of the ISRA?? If not, why not?? Join over 18,000 other Illinois gun owners in the fight for your rights!!!

The Roman Empire fell due to a large, corrupt government, overspending, an overextended military, insecure borders, and the illegal immigration of Goths, barbarians (anyone who was not educated), and religious fanatics. Sound familiar?

"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."
--Samuel Adams

Luke 11:21 - "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed." NASB

#24 papa

• 3,971 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:49 AM

You have to click on " content not read " on left side. This will clear everything you have read.