Photo

Pitsol Optics: Which one to choose

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 Dickens

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:38 PM

I'm considering putting either a scope or a red dot on my Browning Buckmark Hunter and on my Ruger MKIII to be used strictly for target shooting. I'd like to hear your recommendations.

#2 Jeff Johnson

• Members
  • 2,070 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:13 AM

Fast shooting and fun plinking? one of the compact 1x red dots.
precision shooting at small or distant targets? LER 4x scope.

#3 w00dc4ip

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 847 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:12 AM

I'm considering putting either a scope or a red dot on my Browning Buckmark Hunter and on my Ruger MKIII to be used strictly for target shooting. I'd like to hear your recommendations.

For Bullseye - Ultradot.
When my country, into which I had just set my foot, was set on fire about my ears, it was time to stir. It was time for every man to stir. - Thomas Paine

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin

Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world - "No, you move." - Captain America

#4 Dickens

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:26 PM

Thanks guys, I really appreciate your input.

#5 ming

• Supporting Members Team
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 04:09 PM

I've got a Burris FastFire II on my Ruger Mark III. I really like it. One of my shooting buddies claims it's "cheating".:brr:

NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Pistol and PPITH Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
ISRA Member
Registered Illinois Concealed Carry Firearms Instructor

#6 lieut89

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 05:02 PM

I've got a Burris FastFire II on my Ruger Mark III. I really like it. One of my shooting buddies claims it's "cheating".:rolleyes:

I'm thinking one of those would turn my seven year old daughter into a complete beast. :Drunk emoticon:

Posted Image

#7 Dickens

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 05:39 PM

I've got a Burris FastFire II on my Ruger Mark III. I really like it. One of my shooting buddies claims it's "cheating".:Drunk emoticon:

I was looking at the FastFire II online. Do you know of any local retailers that carry them in stock?

#8 ming

• Supporting Members Team
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 06:08 PM

I've got a Burris FastFire II on my Ruger Mark III. I really like it. One of my shooting buddies claims it's "cheating".:Drunk emoticon:

I was looking at the FastFire II online. Do you know of any local retailers that carry them in stock?

I bought mine on line from OpticsPlanet. At the time they had the best price I could find.

Edited by ming, 13 April 2012 - 06:26 PM.

NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Pistol and PPITH Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
ISRA Member
Registered Illinois Concealed Carry Firearms Instructor