Photo

Chicago Right to Carry Town Hall - Sat. Apr. 28, 2012

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
48 replies to this topic

#1 Molly B.

IllinoisCarry spokesperson

• 11,576 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:26 PM

Chicago Right to Carry Town Hall Meeting
Saturday, April 28, 2012
2:00-4:00 pm
Maggiano’s Little Italy
516 N. Clark St.
Chicago, IL 60654

Please download and print fliers and if you are downtown/uptown area, please help to distribute. This meeting is in the northern part of Rep. Ken Dunkin's district #5.

You can go here to find the boundaries of his district - http://gis.elections.il.gov

Attached File  maggianos-flyer3.pdf   111.71KB   180 downloads
"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

#2 TFC

• Members
  • 1,934 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:02 PM

Parking in that area is pretty rough and expensive. Be aware!
~If you speak of a gun as a toy, then you see medical waste as playground filler. Yes, it means you're a screwed up individual.~
~"An invasion of mainland America is unwise. Behind every blade of grass a rifle would await us"
-Yamamoto Isoroku
I predicted that Chicago/Cook county will be sold out in order to get "shall issue".
Based on the restrictions on carry in Chicago/Cook County, I was right.

...doing just enough to keep them out of Federal Court...

#3 Fidelity Academy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:07 PM

As luck would have it...I know a guy.......

And Fidelity will be there!

Fidelity Investigative Training Academy
"Security Training Concepts You Can Trust"
4224 West Belmont Avenue, 2nd Flr.
Chicago, IL. 6064-4620

Office: (224) 678 - 0311
http://www.FidelityAcademy.us

#4 Molly B.

• 11,576 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:10 PM

Dr. Paula tells me the valet parking is $12 which is about half the usual?
"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

#5 Molly B.

• 11,576 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:18 PM

Flier added to opening post.

#6 TFC

• Members
  • 1,934 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:28 PM

Dr. Paula tells me the valet parking is $12 which is about half the usual?

Yep.
~If you speak of a gun as a toy, then you see medical waste as playground filler. Yes, it means you're a screwed up individual.~
~"An invasion of mainland America is unwise. Behind every blade of grass a rifle would await us"
-Yamamoto Isoroku
I predicted that Chicago/Cook county will be sold out in order to get "shall issue".

#7 Fidelity Academy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:52 PM

Just emailed a couple thousand of my closest friends about it.....Anytime we can do a Town Hall Meeting in the "belly of the beast", we should.
Chicago, IL. 6064-4620

#8 TFC

• Members
  • 1,934 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:28 PM

I'll set aside some time for pictures.
-Yamamoto Isoroku

#9 Federal Farmer

David Lawson

• 9,279 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:30 PM

We'll be there.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men [and women] stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

--George Orwell

-- Certified something-or-other by various organizations and governmental entities.

#10 Gunslinger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:53 PM

I'm not as savy at this stuff as some of you. Is this something that those of us who do not live in the kingdom of Chicago should attend? Will antis and or reps who voted no be there?
The Second Amendment IS my concealed weapons permit.... Period!-Ted Nugent

Example of Combat Logic:

Marine #1-"You can't just add zeros to the end of a 6 digit grid to make a 10 digit...."
Marine #2-"Sure you can, the GPS accepted it and now we are on our way!"

#11 Fidelity Academy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:12 PM

I'm not as savy at this stuff as some of you. Is this something that those of us who do not live in the kingdom of Chicago should attend? Will antis and or reps who voted no be there?

So far, things have been very positive, however, you never can tell when they may decide to disrupt a meeting. Having a Town Hall meeting in a pro-2nd area of the state (i.e. NOT Chicago..) may not draw the same "element" as an inner-city meeting. You know, hope for the best, but prepare for the worst. But generally, things have been rather pleasant.
Chicago, IL. 6064-4620

#12 Gunslinger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:30 AM

I guess I misunderstood. I saw that it was in Chicago and thought you needed us to flood the place with support. I would lift my "Chicago travel ban" for something like that
The Second Amendment IS my concealed weapons permit.... Period!-Ted Nugent

Example of Combat Logic:

Marine #1-"You can't just add zeros to the end of a 6 digit grid to make a 10 digit...."
Marine #2-"Sure you can, the GPS accepted it and now we are on our way!"

#13 Molly B.

• 11,576 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:57 AM

This particular meeting is geared for those who live in the city - but save that lift on your travel ban -
sometimes we plan big rallies for downtown!!

#14 Jonnie Knuckles

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:08 AM

Just Emailed dad, we'll most likely be there as well. Not as city residents, but as CROOK county residents.

"God creates all men equal... Once out of the womb, he starts playing favorites..."

"Sic vis pacem para bellum."
- If you want peace, prepare for war.

#15 ChicagoSigFan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:57 PM

Right in my neighborhood. I should be able to make this.
Is Rep Dunkin going to attend?

Edited by ChicagoSigFan, 12 April 2012 - 07:59 PM.

#16 Danielm60660

• Members
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:54 AM

I don't live down there, but I am close. I'll do my best to be there with other city folks.

#17 Federal Farmer

David Lawson

• 9,279 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:39 PM

I don't live down there, but I am close. I'll do my best to be there with other city folks.

We could use help getting flyers posted throughout the neighborhoods. Not picking you out specifically, Daniel, this is for all Chicagoans on this forum.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men [and women] stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

--George Orwell

-- Certified something-or-other by various organizations and governmental entities.

#18 Joeyl

• Supporting Members Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:27 PM

We could use help getting flyers posted throughout the neighborhoods. Not picking you out specifically, Daniel, this is for all Chicagoans on this forum.

Any neighborhood you particularly want flyers in?

Edited by Joeyl, 17 April 2012 - 01:28 PM.

#19 Federal Farmer

David Lawson

• 9,279 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:42 PM

Any neighborhood you particularly want flyers in?

I'm not the organizer of this one, but my suggestion is any neighborhood nearby, fanning out from there. I suggest near north, near west, south loop.

There is a red-line 'el' stop just north of the location at Grand/Clark, so public transportation is a great way to get there. That means a good strategy might be to hit the 'el' stops.

--George Orwell

#20 Molly B.

• 11,576 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:47 PM

FF is correct. And we want to make an extra special effort at covering the area north of Chicago river up to
Goethe St. and from Orleans over to Michigan Ave.

#21 Beezil

• 2,315 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:34 AM

see you guys there!

#22 Molly B.

• 11,576 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:29 PM

We will be needing some extra hands and feet to help unload and set up equipment for this meeting and to staff the IllinoisCarry table.
We will begin setting up at 1 pm or so. Any volunteers??

#23 Joeyl

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:35 PM

We will be needing some extra hands and feet to help unload and set up equipment for this meeting and to staff the IllinoisCarry table.

I'm available.

#24 Federal Farmer

David Lawson

• 9,279 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:59 PM

Count me in!

--George Orwell

#25 Beezil

• 2,315 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:04 PM

Yes!

#26 Drylok

• Members
  • 8,691 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 05:36 AM

I continue to be amazed at how many town halls we are getting up there and at how much support we get in so many of them. Thank you Valinda and company!
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks"
-Thomas Jefferson-

Now two flags fly above my land that really sum up how I feel. One is the colors that fly high and proud the red, the white, the blue. The other ones got a rattle snake with a simple statement made, don't tread on me, is what it says and I'll take that to my grave
-Aaron Lewis-

#27 Danielm60660

• Members
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:10 AM

I have definitely passed this info on, but I will be working during this. Wish I could be there to put some faces to some (screen) names.

#28 boomersand

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:52 AM

I am handing out the flyers everyday until Saturday on my redline stops. Chicago and Jackson.

#29 SFC Stu

• Members
  • 1,448 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:10 AM

I continue to be amazed at how many town halls we are getting up there and at how much support we get in so many of them. Thank you Valinda and company!

Thank you from someone 250 miles from Chicago. If I lived there I would be there to help!

#30 Romano For Rep

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 10:40 AM

will be down town today Wednesday handing out fliers for the town hall this Saturday. By Maggianos on Clark is where we are meeting at 430 and will find the areas to hand stuff out from there. vincent@romanoforrep.com is best to reach me if you are interested in helping out

thanks