Photo

Buffalo Grove/Vernon Township Right to Carry Town Hall Meeting - Mon. Apr. 30, 2012

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
25 replies to this topic

#1 Molly B.

IllinoisCarry spokesperson

• 11,735 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:14 PM

Buffalo Grove/Vernon Township Right to Carry Town Hall Meeting
Monday, April 30, 2012
7:00-9:00 pm
Vernon Township Community Center
2900 N. Main St.
Buffalo Grove, IL 60089

Please help spread the word about this meeting and if you are in this area please help distribute fliers in all
the likely AND unlikely places!!

Attached File  Buffalo Grove Town Hall Meeting.pdf   105.91KB   186 downloads
"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

#2 Molly B.

• 11,735 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:16 PM

This meeting is in House Dist. #59 and Senate Dist. #30. It includes parts of Mundelein, Vernon Hills, Lincolnshire, Riverwoods, and Wheeling.

We need a list of and links to all the local media/radio/news outlets for this area.

Your help is greatly appreciated!!

Edited by Molly B., 11 April 2012 - 04:37 PM.
added more info

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

#3 Patriots & Tyrants

• Supporting Members Team
  • 3,171 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:33 PM

I will be there! Look for the 6'7" lineman looking guy with the short blonde on one arm.

I live in Wheeling (59th and 30th) happy to see that we are not forgotten!

Sadly Carol Sente (D-59th) is a co-sponsor of most of the anti-gun legislation on the books in the house right now. Maybe if enough people turn out in support of RTC she will be forced to reconsider some of her positions.

The only local paper I know of is the Daily Herald, sorry I can't be more helpful than that.

#4 Molly B.

• 11,735 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:06 PM

What radio stations do people in this area listen to?

#5 Yas

• Members
  • 3,635 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:55 PM

What radio stations do people in this area listen to?

Sent email to a local, I'll let you know on their feedback

#6 Patriots & Tyrants

• 3,171 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:21 PM

I listen to 95.1 WIIL rock. After they changed up Q101us non urban
younger people have nothing else to listen to.

Edited by Patriots & Tyrants, 16 April 2012 - 06:22 PM.

#7 Yas

• Members
  • 3,635 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:25 PM

This radio station locator may help in future town hall meetings

LINK

#8 Molly B.

• 11,735 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:31 PM

We will be needing some extra hands and feet to help unload and set up equipment for this meeting and to staff the IllinoisCarry table.
We will begin setting up at 5:30 or so. Any volunteers??

#9 Molly B.

• 11,735 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 02:59 PM

We will be needing some extra hands and feet to help unload and set up equipment for this meeting and to staff the IllinoisCarry table.
We will begin setting up at 5:30 or so. Any volunteers??

Any volunteers for tomorrow evening?

#10 Beezil

• Members
  • 2,336 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:15 PM

good luck tonight guys!

nice work in the city this weekend, you guys are the best.

#11 Beezil

• Members
  • 2,336 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:23 PM

mollyB....

correct me if i am wrong, but isn't there a Republican over that way that needs a few hundred phone calls?

I thought one of the three republicans that voted against HB148 last year has his district in the buffalo grove area?

#12 Molly B.

• 11,735 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:51 PM

It just so happens you are right - what a coincidence!

#13 Molly B.

• 11,735 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:54 PM

This is Rep.Sid Mathias' district.

#14 Molly B.

• 11,735 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:52 AM

Chicago Sun Times - Pioneer Press article about Buffalo Grove town hall meeting -

'sigh' . . . reporter is correct in saying the crowd was more than 30 - there were at least that many sitting in her section alone.

#15 colt-45

• Members
  • 2,358 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:26 AM

hey there is a poll on this link hit it hard people. i voted yes.

Edited by Molly B., 01 May 2012 - 07:58 AM.

#16 Bimmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:28 AM

hey there is a poll on this link hit it hard people. i voted yes.

Done!!!
The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

#17 boog

• Members
  • 1,657 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:42 AM

done also
Boog

CarrySafely.com

Illinois Certified Concealed Carry Instructor

#18 abolt243

Tim Bowyer

• 11,321 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:58 AM

Yeah, I voted. I also looked through the gallery of pictures and one stood out as "how not to come across to those that are on the fence". One of our supporters is shown in his western style hat and big belt buckle applauding a speaker. Now, I like the western style as much as anyone, in fact I'm wearing what some might call a western style hat today. But, this visage, to a person on the fence simply supports the "cowboy" image that the antis try to portray us as. To me, it's as big a no-no as coming to a town hall in full tactcal/camo gear. (I've got a pretty good collection of that attire too!).

Image and first impressions are everything when trying to win people over to our side of a controversial issue like carry of a defensive weapon. We need everyone there that can get there, but please, think about how you appear to others when you pick out your wardrobe for the evening.

Oh, and my Mother, who was raised in the southwest, around real, true to life, actual working cowboys, has always said that a REAL cowboy always did the gentlemanly thing and removed his hat when in the presence of ladies and/or when entering a building. Good manners always make a good impression too.

Think about it.

Tim
Are you a member of the ISRA?? If not, why not?? Join over 18,000 other Illinois gun owners in the fight for your rights!!!

The Roman Empire fell due to a large, corrupt government, overspending, an overextended military, insecure borders, and the illegal immigration of Goths, barbarians (anyone who was not educated), and religious fanatics. Sound familiar?

"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."
--Samuel Adams

Luke 11:21 - "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed." NASB

#19 bemidji

• PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:06 AM

Voted. 22 of 25 for so far.

Gun Control - the current home of the Jim Crow movement.

#20 Molly B.

• 11,735 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:36 AM

We have invited the reporter to drop by. Lets be sure to offer her a warm welcome if she does!

#21 lockman

• Members
  • 6,195 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:19 AM

Registered my vote.
"We must, indeed, all hang together, or most assuredly we shall all hang separately."
-- Benjamin Franklin, 1776

Life Member NRA, ISRA, CCRKBA & SAF

#22 BadWaterBill

• Members
  • 1,538 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:14 PM

We have invited the reporter to drop by. Lets be sure to offer her a warm welcome if she does!

When and what meeting will the reporter be at?

#23 Federal Farmer

David Lawson

• 9,306 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:17 PM

When and what meeting will the reporter be at?

I think she means visit our forum.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men [and women] stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

--George Orwell

-- Certified something-or-other by various organizations and governmental entities.

#24 Lou

Resident Old Guy

• 10,911 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:18 PM

Buffalo Grove/Vernon Township Right to Carry Town Hall Meeting
Monday, April 30, 2012
7:00-9:00 pm
Vernon Township Community Center
2900 N. Main St.
Buffalo Grove, IL 60089

Check out the first post in this thread.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. -  George Orwell

A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again. 

#25 Talonap

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:51 PM

"Dan Cox, a plumper from Round Lake, responded to Goodman with an emotional childhood account of growing up with an abusive father in the house. His mother, who he said was beaten regularly by his father, acquired a mental illness in later years from the abuse."

What's with the, "Plumper", comment?????? Maybe she meant "Plumber"?

Edited by Talonap, 01 May 2012 - 04:53 PM.

#26 ming

• 1,733 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:54 PM

"Dan Cox, a plumper from Round Lake, responded to Goodman with an emotional childhood account of growing up with an abusive father in the house. His mother, who he said was beaten regularly by his father, acquired a mental illness in later years from the abuse."

What's with the, "Plumper", comment??????

Let's hope he meant "plumber". :nono:

Edited by ming, 01 May 2012 - 04:56 PM.

NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Pistol and PPITH Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
ISRA Member
Registered Illinois Concealed Carry Firearms Instructor