Photo

OK. I give up.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 kurt555gs

• Members
  • 3,018 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:25 AM

I'm going to Branson next week for an annual motorcycle rally. Since Missouri is a free state, and I have a pocket full of non-resident permits, I will be carrying. I really wanted to try to get comfortable carrying one of my big bore revolvers, but no matter which side, or which gun, I have to admit they just don't work for concealed carry. If open carry were an option, fine. I would lean to one side, but it would work. I always have my little LCR for a spare, so to speak. However, I like something that I am accurate with and fits my hand. I do have an automatic that is reasonably light ( alloy frame ), I am accurate with, and fits flat so is very concealable. So ....... This is what I'm going to be carrying.

Posted Image

Edited by kurt555gs, 11 April 2012 - 12:30 AM.

Kurt on G+

#2 Lou

Resident Old Guy

• Supporting Members Team
  • 12,395 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:31 AM

You can't go wrong with a 1911 in .45.
Good choice.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. -  George Orwell

A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again. 

#3 kurt555gs

• Members
  • 3,018 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:14 AM

This one was made/fitted well. Very smooth. I bought this new and have put about 300 rounds / 2 takedown cleanings through it. Everything fits and moves smoothly. I am dead on accurate with this pistol. It is just a little snappy because the alloy frame weighs less than steel, but no where near bothersome. It fits very flat against my body with the Simply Rugged holster. It is very comfortable.

I have a number of double stack automatics, but they are thicker and more difficult or uncomfortable to wear. Interesting that a 100 year old design works so well. Better in many ways than newer high tech designs. I guess the 1911 is in many ways like the **** roach. It evolved to perfection for it's niche in the ecosphere and then no longer needed to change.
Kurt on G+

#4 belercous

• Banned
  • 1,492 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:57 PM

You can carry loaded in your saddle bags in MO., same as a car.

#5 dmefford

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:35 AM

I don't know if this link would be helpful to you or not......

http://www.opencarry.org/mo.html

"Summary
While open carry is generally legal in Missouri, their preemption statute is unique in that it preempts the entire field of firearms law except for the regulation of open carry. Consequently, carrying openly in Missouri will expose you to a checkerboard of local ordinances."

Regards, Drd
Visit my Blog: "Shall Not Be Infringed"

Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.
--Thomas Jefferson to I. Tiffany, 1819

#6 kurt555gs

• Members
  • 3,018 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:09 PM

Branson does not allow open carry.I have several non resident permits that MO recognizes for concealed carry. If open carry were allowed, I wouldn't be carrying a dinky little 1911.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
Kurt on G+

#7 dmefford

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:14 PM

Branson does not allow open carry.I have several non resident permits that MO recognizes for concealed carry. If open carry were allowed, I wouldn't be carrying a dinky little 1911.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I hear ya......... Regards, Drd
Visit my Blog: "Shall Not Be Infringed"

Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.
--Thomas Jefferson to I. Tiffany, 1819