Photo

Lemont (House District 82) Right to Carry Town Hall Meeting - Fri. Apr. 27

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
52 replies to this topic

#1 Molly B.

IllinoisCarry spokesperson

• 11,408 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 03:32 PM

Right to Carry
Town Hall Meeting

Friday, April 27, 2012
7:00-9:00 pm

Lemont Township Community Center
16300 Alba St. (Just off I-355 at 127th)
Lemont, IL

This meeting will be taking place in House District 82 which includes: Lemont, Burr Ridge, Willowbrook, and Homer Glen area.

We will need LOTS of help getting fliers posted EVERYWHERE. Please download the flier and post in all the likely places, then all the unlikely places!!

Attached File  Lemont.pdf   105.85KB   272 downloads
"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

#2 Molly B.

• 11,408 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 03:34 PM

We also need a list with links to all the local news media in the areas listed above. Your help in gathering
this information is greatly appreciated!
"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

#3 Getzapped

Gunsmith Extraordinaire

• Supporting Members Team
  • 1,846 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 04:42 PM

http://www.lockportlegend.com/
http://www.frankfortstation.com/?mid=
http://www.homerhorizon.com/?mid=
http://www.tinleyjunction.com/?mid=
http://www.mokenamessenger.com/?mid=
http://www.opprairie.com/?mid=
http://www.mysuburbanlife.com/lemont

I am in lockport twnship, right next door.

Edited by Getzapped, 03 April 2012 - 04:43 PM.

logoforum_zps0763fe59.png

#4 Yas

• Members
  • 3,590 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 05:18 PM

You might want to try posting in

http://www.topix.com/city/lemont-il

http://www.bing.com/...?q=lemont patch

Surrounding towns Lockport, Romeoville, Orland Park is to the north east Darian to the north.

#5 firepiper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 652 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:00 PM

Anybody consider posting on craigslist?.....

#6 willxjcherokee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:04 PM

I am from lockport I'll try to put up some signs at rinks?

#7 Candidate for 82nd Dist.

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:19 PM

A few more newspapers:
The Doings which covers Western Springs part of this district sbosch@pioneerlocal.com
The Lemont Patch Amanda Luevano <amanda@patch.com>

#8 Molly B.

• 11,408 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:21 AM

THANK YOU! These links were very helpful.

Now for local radio - are there any local radio stations or just the big ones coming out of Chicago?

#9 BadWaterBill

• Members
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:13 PM

Sure wish I had seen this yesterday.

I was fishing the Lemont Quarries and had a pleasant conversation with a Lemont LEO + one of the nicest Conservation (game Warden) Police officers I have ever met. Both young men are ALL for CCW in Illinois.

I will be handing out fliers at the Des Plaines River Anglers Association meeting tonight At 7PM at

The Outpost
14929 Archer Ave
Lockport

I will try to get the name and phone # of the outdoor person on the Joliet radio station. I think he will help also.

#10 billzfx4

• Members
  • 1,790 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:10 PM

THANK YOU! These links were very helpful.

Now for local radio - are there any local radio stations or just the big ones coming out of Chicago?

Try This :headbang1:
Don't mistake my kindness for weakness. I am kind to everyone, but when someone is unkind to me, weak is not what you are going to remember about me.

#11 Getzapped

Gunsmith Extraordinaire

• 1,846 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:21 PM

http://www.wccq.com/

98.3 is broadcast out of joliet

logoforum_zps0763fe59.png

#12 Molly B.

• 11,408 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:43 PM

Item sent in for Community Calendar. Please keep an eye on these sites and let us know if/when they appear.
Thanks!!!

#13 Ilannoyed

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 01:01 PM

Will do Molly! Are you going to be there? I'll take care of getting these posted in Willowbrook. I'm sure TomKoz would take Darien. Please let me know if you need anything at all.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Jeff Cooper (Art Of The Rifle)

#14 BadWaterBill

• Members
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 01:22 PM

I dropped fliers at RINKS in Lockport.

#15 TomKoz

• Members
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:45 PM

Isn't Jim Durkin (one of the 3 supposed Republicans / Conservatives who voted Against HB 148) the rep for 82nd???

Has he been invited??? Dare he show???
Stay Alert ... Stay Alive !!

#16 Lou

Resident Old Guy

• 10,783 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:54 PM

Isn't Jim Durkin (one of the 3 supposed Republicans / Conservatives who voted Against HB 148) the rep for 82nd???

I don't know if he's been invited but he does have a PRO-2A opponent:

http://www.electlaura.org/

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. -  George Orwell

A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again. 

#17 TomKoz

• Members
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:00 PM

She LOST the primary though :thumbsup:

#18 Lou

Resident Old Guy

• 10,783 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:35 PM

Dang it - I forgot about that! :thumbsup:

She LOST the primary though :hyper:

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. -  George Orwell

A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again. 

#19 Molly B.

• 11,408 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:18 PM

Now isn't that quite a coincidence that we would plan a town hall meeting in this district?! :thumbsup: How about that?!
We need some help in distributing fliers at the Metra Western Springs station and in the Western Springs area of Burlington Ave. south to 55th St. and from I-294 east to Hwy.45.

Any volunteers?

#20 Lou

Resident Old Guy

• 10,783 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:38 PM

Now isn't that quite a coincidence that we would plan a town hall meeting in this district?! :thumbsup: How about that?!
We need some help in distributing fliers at the Metra Western Springs station and in the Western Springs area of Burlington Ave. south to 55th St. and from I-294 east to Hwy.45.

Any volunteers?

I think I can take care of that.

#21 Molly B.

• 11,408 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:46 PM

Wonderful!

#22 MightyWhitey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:06 AM

Would someone double check the address/directions for this event. I don't live in Lemont any longer, but my parents still do. My Dad wants to attend, but he's getting 2 different addresses for the location of this building. One when he clicks into the link..........and another when he googled the name of the building just because he'd never heard of it.

I grew up in Lemont, and have never heard of Alba St. either.

Thanks.
Sarcasm.....................Just another service I offer.

#23 Lou

Resident Old Guy

• 10,783 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:22 AM

I called the township and Alba is a new street.
It is just east of I355 - 1 block north of 127th street.
I was told there is a stoplight on 127th street east of I355 at Timberline Dr. with Peppers Auto repair on the corner. Turn north on Timberline and then take the first left turn onto Alba.

Hope that helps.

#24 boomersand

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:29 AM

I sent it to the local patch Editor for Oak Forest, and asked if she will send it along to the other editors in the area.

#25 MightyWhitey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:44 PM

I called the township and Alba is a new street.
It is just east of I355 - 1 block north of 127th street.
I was told there is a stoplight on 127th street east of I355 at Timberline Dr. with Peppers Auto repair on the corner. Turn north on Timberline and then take the first left turn onto Alba.

Hope that helps.

Lou, that helps hugely. Thanks a bunch. Dads gonna gather a few folks to attend with him.

I'm still amazed each time I visit the P's on how much Lemont has changed. You used to be able to hunt in and around Lemont. Not so much any longer...........sad, very sad.
Sarcasm.....................Just another service I offer.

#26 Lou

Resident Old Guy

• 10,783 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:25 PM

Now isn't that quite a coincidence that we would plan a town hall meeting in this district?! :o How about that?!

Any volunteers?

Done today. I hit the two La Grange stations and the Western Spring station plus posted some in local shopping centers/grocery stores.

I do have a sneaking feeling that the ones I posted around the WS station plus the pile I left inside disappeared as soon as I left. The person working in the station was giving me some major league stink-eye. :brr:

#27 Ilannoyed

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:52 PM

I'm planning on hitting as much as I can in some of the shopping centers around Willowbrook and Darien. Dominick's and Caribou Coffee no longer have bulletin boards, but Jewel does.
I filled out the special form at the Indian Prairie Library to get it posted on the community events bulletin board. I have to go confirm that it was approved :Drunk emoticon: . I guess they do that to keep from people spamming the BBs.

Got a pile of fliers and a stapler in the car. Maybe that's what the kids and I can do some more of in the morning.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Jeff Cooper (Art Of The Rifle)

#28 TomKoz

• Members
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:22 PM

I added the Lemont RTC Town Hall Meeting on the Event Board of both the Darien Patch and Lemont Patch.

Any word yet on whether or not Durkin will be attending???

#29 Molly B.

• 11,408 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:38 PM

I added the Lemont RTC Town Hall Meeting on the Event Board of both the Darien Patch and Lemont Patch.

Don't know yet, but if he does I will be reminding everyone how important it is that we welcome him to hear
our side of the issue.

To attack or be rude to him will not work in our favor. I hope he will come and we can show him the people in
his new district support this issue!

#30 TomKoz

• Members
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:18 PM

Don't know yet, but if he does I will be reminding everyone how important it is that we welcome him to hear
our side of the issue.

To attack or be rude to him will not work in our favor. I hope he will come and we can show him the people in
his new district support this issue!

No worry. I have been practicing holding my tongue. If he doesn't see the light and come to our side though we need to find an independent to challenge him in the general election!!!