Photo

here we go again

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
16 replies to this topic

#1 Gunslinger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:07 PM

just got an alert for this on my phone via my fox news app. Hope this goes nowhere.

http://www.foxnews.m...269.proteus.fma

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
The Second Amendment IS my concealed weapons permit.... Period!-Ted Nugent

Example of Combat Logic:

Marine #1-"You can't just add zeros to the end of a 6 digit grid to make a 10 digit...."
Marine #2-"Sure you can, the GPS accepted it and now we are on our way!"

#2 Jonnie Knuckles

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:34 PM

just got an alert for this on my phone via my fox news app. Hope this goes nowhere.

http://www.foxnews.m...269.proteus.fma

Terrible.

Especially after the truth about the phone call editing came out. MSM dictates our government's response to EVERYTHING.... :clap:

"God creates all men equal... Once out of the womb, he starts playing favorites..."

"Sic vis pacem para bellum."
- If you want peace, prepare for war.

#3 mauserme

Eliminating the element of surprise one bill at a time.

• 8,865 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:59 PM

Capitol Hill lawmakers are doing more than donning hoodies on the House floor to respond to the death of Florida teen Trayvon Martin. Members of Congress are pushing new legislation calling for everything from gun control to restrictions on neighborhood watch groups.

If the anti-gun folks want to remind the country of their true nature right before the election, should we really complain about it?

Edited for punctuation.

Edited by mauserme, 02 April 2012 - 01:59 PM.

Link to ILGA House Audio/Video..........Link to ILGA Senate Audio/Video ..........Link to Livestream Blueroom Events Page

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. - C.S. Lewis

#4 Xwing

• Members
  • 5,710 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:13 PM

They're using the crisis (which they made up in the first place) for full political advantage. And the media will be right behind them. I imagine we'll get some really bad laws out of this mess.
NRA Lifetime Member
IGOLD 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
CCW Laws: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)
Posted anti-gun business listing: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)
Illinois Government: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)

#5 Gunslinger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:59 PM

hmmm never thought about it that way but makes sense.... hope it dosent go both ways though, I already saw the Brady Bunch saying " is what the NRA wants America to be," then referencing some extremely bias version of the events.

Your glass is always half full huh mauser? :whistle:

The Second Amendment IS my concealed weapons permit.... Period!-Ted Nugent

Example of Combat Logic:

Marine #1-"You can't just add zeros to the end of a 6 digit grid to make a 10 digit...."
Marine #2-"Sure you can, the GPS accepted it and now we are on our way!"

#6 Ashdump

• 4,642 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 07:23 PM

Capitol Hill lawmakers are doing more than donning hoodies on the House floor to respond to the death of Florida teen Trayvon Martin. Members of Congress are pushing new legislation calling for everything from gun control to restrictions on neighborhood watch groups.

If the anti-gun folks want to remind the country of their true nature right before the election, should we really complain about it?

Edited for punctuation.

That's what I'm hoping. I don't see anything getting out of the House though. Another thing to ponder, this whole thing is helping to take the focus off of Obama's piss-poor performance, so expect it to linger and be played out for all it's worth. Gas is $4/gallon and yet not a peep about that.

#7 belercous

• Banned
  • 1,492 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 11:33 PM

Typical Fox "News." Did they mention the chances of any of this getting passed into law? Pure hype to sell ad space. This is going nowhere, it won't even get out of committee in the House.

#8 vstar

• Supporting Members Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 05:31 AM

Typical Fox "News." Did they mention the chances of any of this getting passed into law? Pure hype to sell ad space. This is going nowhere, it won't even get out of committee in the House.

Think you missed the point

#9 belercous

• Banned
  • 1,492 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:44 PM

Oh, duh. Yep, I missed it. Kind of a News of the Weird thing. Congress being irrational? Who'd a thunked that could happen?

#10 mauserme

Eliminating the element of surprise one bill at a time.

• 8,865 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:01 PM

Belercous, I know you meant that as an indictment of Fox News but look at what you're saying:

Fact: Members of Congress are pushing new legislation calling for everything from gun control to restrictions on neighborhood watch groups.

Opinion: This is going nowhere, it won't even get out of committee.

Fox reported the fact and, as you even imply, did not report the opnion. Isn't that what a news outlet should do? I don't mean this as a Fox endorsement but might your fervor for liberalism sometimes be getting in the way of logic?
Link to ILGA House Audio/Video..........Link to ILGA Senate Audio/Video ..........Link to Livestream Blueroom Events Page

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. - C.S. Lewis

#11 vstar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:06 PM

Oh, duh. Yep, I missed it. Kind of a News of the Weird thing. Congress being irrational? Who'd a thunked that could happen?

I was giving you the benefit of the doubt that you had made a mistake and weren't just trolling this forum. Your true colors are showing!

#12 TFC

• Members
  • 1,913 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:16 PM

That's sort of how FOX does things. They report a story, give an opinion, then report their opinion as the actual fact.
Don't worry. The all do this.
That's why you shouldn't take anything at face value... especially if it's on T.V.
~If you speak of a gun as a toy, then you see medical waste as playground filler. Yes, it means you're a screwed up individual.~
~"An invasion of mainland America is unwise. Behind every blade of grass a rifle would await us"
-Yamamoto Isoroku
I predicted that Chicago/Cook county will be sold out in order to get "shall issue".
Based on the restrictions on carry in Chicago/Cook County, I was right.

...doing just enough to keep them out of Federal Court...

#13 belercous

• Banned
  • 1,492 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:57 PM

Well, I admitted that I missed the point didn't I?

TFC: Sometimes Fox "News" doesn't bother to verify their stories as well. I'm not sure they "all" do this. I don't get my information from sources which practice "advocacy journalism" & certainly don't get my information from TV as I've never owned one. My lady friends have had TV's, but I don't watch `em, too expensive.(commercials take up too much time & I'm not willing to spend my time watching people trying to sell me stuff. My time is more valuable than that so I won't pay that price.) As Groucho (I believe it was) said "I find TV very educational. Whenever someone turns one on, I go into another room & read a book."

#14 Buckfarrack

• 1,269 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:51 AM

[quote name='vstar' date='03 April 2012 - 09:06 PM' timestamp='1333508765' post='320968']

[/quote]

I was giving you the benefit of the doubt that you had made a mistake and weren't just trolling this forum. Your true colors are showing!
[/quote]

I used the "Manage ignored users" option.
It's in the list when you click on your user
name at the top right.You won't see any posts he makes
at all when he trolls these threads to start arguements.
Just the ones that are quoted.

Edited by Buckfarrack, 04 April 2012 - 09:53 AM.

ILCCL exp date: 02/28/2019                                   Supporting Members Team

A gun sign,is a sign...THEY LOST!   T.Vandermyde

#15 belercous

• Banned
  • 1,492 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 11:00 PM

Not sure if this is advisable to do this. You'll miss replies although other viewers won't, & may assume you've conceeded the previous point you've made since they see a reply with no response. Just a thought.

#16 Black Flag

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 11:01 AM

Vanity, they name is ...

Posted Image

#17 Hossua

• Members
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 03:50 PM

Like I needed Fox to tell me the gun grabbers are trying to make hay with this shooting.
The question is why has there been such a push for gun control again. Even before the Zimmerman / Martin shooting they were saber rattling about a handgun tax here in IL.