1911 Owners stay out

Vaden

Well since I had to take one of my dogs into the vet for an emergency, I've been officially stripped of all money to go for a free range day on my birthday next week. So I bought myself a present anyways (besides the 92FS). I know most people like their guns "tacticool" but my deep blue 1911 needed some dress up. These are thicker than stock and I am amazed at how perfectly it points now, I can line up all 3 dots instantly. My 92FS was too fat with the wood grips and feel perfect with the black factory grips now and my 1911 needed some filling out.

post-3369-133329450501.jpg

Well since I had to take one of my dogs into the vet for an emergency, I've been officially stripped of all money to go for a free range day on my birthday next week. So I bought myself a present anyways (besides the 92FS). I know most people like their guns "tacticool" but my deep blue 1911 needed some dress up. These are thicker than stock and I am amazed at how perfectly it points now, I can line up all 3 dots instantly. My 92FS was too fat with the wood grips and feel perfect with the black factory grips now and my 1911 needed some filling out.

post-3369-133329450501.jpg

Definitely a Barbeque gun. Now you need some really expensive leather to carry it. How's this?:

That is sweet but I really have my heart set on a glossy black leather molded thumbreak like a Galco Fletch or Desantis, but the damned things cost a fortune. That will be my BBQ and lawn work carry setup thumbsup.png

That is sweet but I really have my heart set on a glossy black leather molded thumbreak like a Galco Fletch or Desantis, but the damned things cost a fortune. That will be my BBQ and lawn work carry setup thumbsup.png

Those grips look GREAT!

Be very carefull about using a thumb break holster with a 1911. I had a DeSantis thumb break for my 1911 and got rid of it. I bought it for the retention factor and because I had used the same basic holster for my revolvers.

I wore it around the house here and found that it would wipe the safety off. I took the holster off and with the gun unloaded , put it in the holster while holding it. With the thumb snap snapped closed , I could touch the top of the release and gently push backwards ( towards bottom of grip ) and the safety would pop off.

It took no effort at all. Before anyone mentions it , no the plunger spring isn't weak.

I also have a Galco Jackass shoulder holster . The thumb snap on it will do the same thing , but it takes more effort and it wouldn't be near a seat belt or other things to wipe it off as easy.

uhmmm....the Galco or Desantis are at best, mid range in price as is that Tucker I I added ($100.00)

You can easily spend $200-$500 on a fancy holster and I know people that do spend that much.

Not me, I have a vengeful wife and I cannot sleep with one eye open

Well that was actually my reasoning for wanting a thumbreak. It unnerves me to think about carrying a cocked & locked 1911 with the safety able to possibly be clicked off just by moving around, leaving the hammer ready to drop. I know the thumb safety is a good backup but thats not hard to defeat either if something is rubbing against the frame. Youve got me thinking now.

Well that was actually my reasoning for wanting a thumbreak. It unnerves me to think about carrying a cocked & locked 1911 with the safety able to possibly be clicked off just by moving around, leaving the hammer ready to drop. I know the thumb safety is a good backup but thats not hard to defeat either if something is rubbing against the frame. Youve got me thinking now.

Well, I carried a cocked and locked 1911 for years without worrying about a thumb break hoslter. The only problem I ever had was with a 1911 that had an ambi safety and i removed that and returned to the single thumb safety.

JMB designed the gun to be carried cocked and lkocked and the only reason that there is any conversation about it is with typical typical b\ureaucratic anal efficiency the Army deemed the pistol had to be carried with the hammer down on an empty chamber which is just stupid.

That's the same reason US military pistols still have a manual safety now. I will no longer carry a pistol with a manual safety (except the 1911 type). because I see no need for them.

Thats the standard finish on the ACII. After looking at a Park'd Rock and whatever the heck they call that on the Tauruses, the ACII stood out head and shoulder above them both in fit and finish.

Springfield Armory has a very nice blue (similar to the Colt blue which I think is the best) and they will do a complete pistol for $250 and lesser amounts if you just want the slide or frame dfone. They do really nice work. I have had several pistols done there.

Archived