Photo

Question from a FNG

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 pitbull1022

• backroom-guests
  • 46 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:57 AM

Dumb question from a new guy. On the bills up for Illinois CCW. Are all of them going to require the same classroom training. I read HB 5745. I would like to get a jump on the training so when it passes I can be ahead of the game. I am sure this has been brought up before. But just figureing out how to navigate this sight. Thanks. And KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK.
Rugers - Single Six. 22/.22 mag, MK II. 22 Stainless, LCR, Blackhawk. 357/.9mm, GP 100 .357, Super Blackhawk. 44 mag, 10/22

Kahr - CM40

Beretta - PX4 Storm Sub Compact .40

Remington - R1 1911 .45

Glock - G22 Gen3 .40, G21 .45 acp Gen3

KelTec - PF9 .9MM

Bond Arms - Snake Slayer IV .45/.410

Bushmaster M4A3 HB, Century Arms AKM 47 PAP M70, Remington Nylon 66 Stainless, Mossberg 500 Persuader Custom 12g, Springfield 1903 Sporter 30-06.

#2 ming

• Supporting Members Team
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 08:21 AM

While I'm all for people getting training, I'm not sure I would take any particular course in anticipation that it would satisfy whatever requirements will be imposed. I know when Chicago initiated its training requirement, not all instructors had their necessary paper work and certifications in order and had to play catch up.

NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Pistol and PPITH Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
ISRA Member
Registered Illinois Concealed Carry Firearms Instructor

#3 Federal Farmer

David Lawson

• 9,276 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:01 AM

There is no assurance right now as to what training will be acceptable.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men [and women] stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

--George Orwell

-- Certified something-or-other by various organizations and governmental entities.

#4 Yas

• Members
  • 3,604 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:25 AM

Pretty much the same thing happened when McDonald vs Chicago was won, people tried to get a jump on classroom training before Chicago came up with its requirements. You never can accurately predict what total requirements will be in the final legislation until it gets passed. Especially when you have Chicago politicians getting their paws involved with regulations.

#5 jkrzos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:04 AM

Howdy,

I know everyone is chomping at the bit to get this passed,and I for one have been waiting for the last 10 years.

Now, for the unpleasant news, If passed in April(hypothetically), it won't be in effect until 1-1-13. They have to set up training cireculum, train the trainers, get the paperwork ironed out, ISP has to set up it's stuff, if the IDPR gets involved, it has to set up it's stuff.

In 68 years of life, I have learned PATIENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
jkrzos
Retired Cowboy Action Shooter, PPC Shooter
Tincan Sailor, Trusty Shellback
NRA & ISRA Life Member, ISRA RSO

MY 1911 BEATS A 911 CALL!

If you don't stand behind our Troops, Please stand in front of them

“Give me a fast ship for I intend to go into Harms Way”

During WW2, no other Naval Unit eclipsed the record of the little beavers lead by Captain “31 knot Arleigh Burke.” There are Sailors and then there are DESTROYER SAILORS. Fast, sleek, they seek out the enemy at point blank range

#6 Buzzard

• Members
  • 8,878 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 01:31 PM

I completely agree with the above posts. Don't try to predict which way this thing is going to go, because if your luck runs like mine, it will be the wrong choice.

If I were to make a suggestion, - now is a good time to make sure you're ready to go as far as guns, ammunition, holsters and any other gear in the self defense/ concealed carry category. Then you'll be ready to go for whatever training is written into the law. And you can be practicing your draw and making sure all your gear works with the way you dress and you're not printing....things like that.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes,
but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda,
they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." — Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

#7 pitbull1022

• backroom-guests
  • 46 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 02:29 PM

Been ready on firearms, holsters, ammo, gear, dress, and training on draw and getting on target. Have had a Non resident permit from Penn for years. Shoot with x military and leo's all the time. New to you sight. Not new to the cause or firearms. I am x military also. But Thanks for the info. Its what I figured.
Rugers - Single Six. 22/.22 mag, MK II. 22 Stainless, LCR, Blackhawk. 357/.9mm, GP 100 .357, Super Blackhawk. 44 mag, 10/22

Kahr - CM40

Beretta - PX4 Storm Sub Compact .40

Remington - R1 1911 .45

Glock - G22 Gen3 .40, G21 .45 acp Gen3

KelTec - PF9 .9MM

Bond Arms - Snake Slayer IV .45/.410

Bushmaster M4A3 HB, Century Arms AKM 47 PAP M70, Remington Nylon 66 Stainless, Mossberg 500 Persuader Custom 12g, Springfield 1903 Sporter 30-06.