Photo

Call To Action!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
49 replies to this topic

#1 abolt243

Tim Bowyer

• 11,314 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:19 PM

We are encouraging you to once again use the new "electronic witness slips" feature provided by the House and file witness slips OPPOSING the House Floor Amendment No. 1 to HB 4393. Go HERE and follow the steps to file your slip. No games with your name and other information. This is an official document and should be treated as such.

Once again here is the link: Electronic Witness Slips You are OPPOSING the House Floor Amendment No 1 to HB 4393. The committee meets Wednesday, March 28 at 8:30 a.m. Click on Hearings>Judiciary II - Criminal Law Committee>Wednesday March 28, 2012>8:30 A.M.>HB4393 (HFA 1) "Create Slip". Fill in the information requested, use no punctuation or special characters. Remember, we're opposing this amendment. In the "Testimony" section, mark "Record of Appearance"

If you need further assistance, P.M. me.

Some background on the amendment:

HB 4393 was filed as a shell bill and now has an amendment pending that will turn it into a very nasty bill. If passed as introduced, this bill would create the "Gun Offender Registration Act". It requires persons that commit an offense with a gun to register their address, and other information with the local law enforcement, much like sex offenders are required to do now. Sound OK? But, this bill requires registration of even those that are found guilty of a MISDEMEANOR gun crime, not just the most heinous of crimes. The penalty for not registering?? A FELONY charge.

So, besides being just another warm, fuzzy, feel good law that does nothing to control crime or criminals, this law can take those convicted of a misdemeanor mistake and turn them into a felon, forever losing their rights.

Send that witness slip NOW!!
Are you a member of the ISRA?? If not, why not?? Join over 18,000 other Illinois gun owners in the fight for your rights!!!

The Roman Empire fell due to a large, corrupt government, overspending, an overextended military, insecure borders, and the illegal immigration of Goths, barbarians (anyone who was not educated), and religious fanatics. Sound familiar?

"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."
--Samuel Adams

Luke 11:21 - "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed." NASB

#2 xmikex

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:36 PM

When they ask for:
-Firm/Business Or Agency
-Title

What should we put in?
"I may disapprove of what arms you bear, but I will defend to the death your right to remain armed." -xmikex

#3 Uncle Harley

• Members
  • 4,930 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:47 PM

it wont let me do it my address is 9599 N 330th St it says there are invalid characters. And my area code I put in 217 and it said I must enter 3 digits ???? what is going on?
"A river cuts through a rock not because of its power but its persistence." - Jim Watkins

Comment on this thread for a chance to win a Glock and a pizza http://illinoiscarry...showtopic=51095

#4 Smittyp83

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:53 PM

When they ask for:
-Firm/Business Or Agency
-Title

What should we put in?

I just put "Individual" in each blank
[Posted Image

#5 Uncle Harley

• Members
  • 4,930 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:54 PM

got it, wont let you put spaces in address line but will in name line? WEIRD!
"A river cuts through a rock not because of its power but its persistence." - Jim Watkins

Comment on this thread for a chance to win a Glock and a pizza http://illinoiscarry...showtopic=51095

#6 milq

• Members
  • 2,265 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:55 PM

it wont let me do it my address is 9599 N 330th St it says there are invalid characters. And my area code I put in 217 and it said I must enter 3 digits ???? what is going on?

Something has definitely changed, my address came up as invalid characters as well. I live on the Rural Route system with a box number, after I dropped the box number it accepted RR 1.
Good night Chesty, wherever you are.

Visit my Illinois RTC/Pro 2A blog: Steel on Target

#7 abolt243

Tim Bowyer

• 11,314 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:58 PM

For agency or company that doesn't apply put in "None"

Harley, I had the same problem until I took out ALL punctuation. I bet you're putting a period after N or St. The phone number goes in three boxes 217 825 4950 no spaces, dashes or punctuation of any kind. Back clear out and start over. Don't use anything but shift, letter/ number keys and the space bar.
Are you a member of the ISRA?? If not, why not?? Join over 18,000 other Illinois gun owners in the fight for your rights!!!

The Roman Empire fell due to a large, corrupt government, overspending, an overextended military, insecure borders, and the illegal immigration of Goths, barbarians (anyone who was not educated), and religious fanatics. Sound familiar?

"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."
--Samuel Adams

Luke 11:21 - "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed." NASB

#8 ming

• Supporting Members Team
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:02 PM

What abolt243 said. I just did it and had no problems.

NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Pistol and PPITH Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
ISRA Member
Registered Illinois Concealed Carry Firearms Instructor

#9 Federal Farmer

David Lawson

• 9,297 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:17 PM

Easy-Peasy.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men [and women] stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

--George Orwell

-- Certified something-or-other by various organizations and governmental entities.

#10 G Mitchell

• Members
  • Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:18 PM

Done :D

#11 robinp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:33 PM

Thanks for initiating this opportunity again. Each time I go through the process I wonder if I was successful, but I "think" my opposition was submitted. It's unfortunate that the process has to be this uncertain.

#12 abolt243

Tim Bowyer

• 11,314 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:33 PM

In the "Testimony" section, mark "Record of Appearance"

This is a brand new system folks. I'm sure there will be some minor tweaks as we go along. Just try some different stuff and see what works. If you find a "work-around" let us all know about it.

Thanks,
Tim

--Samuel Adams

#13 Druid

Matt Wilson

• Members
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:41 PM

Thanks for the notice.

#14 bornhunter04

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:42 PM

Done!
ITWTC #308

#15 F12Mahon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:43 PM

Done!

I have never had trouble with my addy and I use punctuation. That captcha is another story though.

Eugene

#16 Xwing

• Members
  • 6,081 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:44 PM

done
NRA Lifetime Member
IGOLD 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
CCW Laws: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)
Posted anti-gun business listing: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)
Illinois Government: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)

#17 Jeffrey

• Members
  • 2,494 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:44 PM

30 seconds of my life I didn't mind giving up
...and justice for all

YOUR WALLET, the only place Democrats care to drill

#18 Frank

Formerly FrankW438

• 1,689 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:45 PM

In the "Testimony" section, mark "Record of Appearance"

This is a brand new system folks. I'm sure there will be some minor tweaks as we go along. Just try some different stuff and see what works. If you find a "work-around" let us all know about it.

Thanks,
Tim

Done. Do not put a [SPACE] on the end of any field or it will reject it. That Captcha thing still messes with me. They don't make those things easy to read, do they?

-- Frank

NRA Life Member - NRA Basic Pistol Instructor - NRA PPIH Instructor - NRA PPOH Instructor - USPSA Range Officer - IL Firearms Concealed Carry Instructor - ITWT Club Member #438

"The Supreme Court has decided that the amendment confers a right to bear arms for self-defense, which is as important outside the home as inside." -Moore v. Madigan, 7th Circuit Court of Appeals, December 11, 2012

#19 JR1987

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:59 PM

Done, no problems at all.

#20 4thestars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 03:01 PM

Done!

#21 Bud

• Members
  • 6,989 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 03:02 PM

Done

Bud

Dico Tibi Verum, Libertas Optima Rerum Nunquam Servili Sub Nexu Vivito, Fili.

ITWT Club Member 001

ONE STATE- ONE LAW

#22 ike

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 03:08 PM

Since I'm on the road and out of touch alot, I would consider giving my information to a member to proxy vote on this. If interested ,please PM me.thanks

#23 hunterdale

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 03:23 PM

Done!

#24 Drylok

• Members
  • 8,691 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 03:41 PM

Done and forwarded!
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks"
-Thomas Jefferson-

Now two flags fly above my land that really sum up how I feel. One is the colors that fly high and proud the red, the white, the blue. The other ones got a rattle snake with a simple statement made, don't tread on me, is what it says and I'll take that to my grave
-Aaron Lewis-

#25 Sigma

• Members
  • 2,715 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 03:46 PM

This link should take you straight to the page.
My link
Exodus 22:2-3
If the thief is found breaking in, and he is struck so that he dies, there shall be no guilt for his bloodshed.

Gun control is not about guns, it's about control. Once they have all the guns, they'll also have complete control.-Abolt

Guns kill people just like beds get girls pregnant.

#26 Skorpius

• Members
  • 1,368 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 03:58 PM

Done.
Posted Image
NRA / ISRA

#27 papa

• 4,093 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 04:03 PM

Done! Thanks to Sigma for the direct link.

#28 xmikex

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 04:05 PM

done!
"I may disapprove of what arms you bear, but I will defend to the death your right to remain armed." -xmikex

#29 Joeyl

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 04:09 PM

Done

#30 oldude

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 04:30 PM

done