Photo

Wal Mart Firearms Special Order Catalog

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
22 replies to this topic

#1 Bud

• Members
  • 6,887 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:54 AM

For those of you who have always wanted to peek in the firearm special order catalong kept under the counter in WalMart's sporting goods department, now you can download it to your computer:

WalMart Firearm Special Order Catalog

Bud

Dico Tibi Verum, Libertas Optima Rerum Nunquam Servili Sub Nexu Vivito, Fili.

ITWT Club Member 001

ONE STATE- ONE LAW

#2 Mr. Fife

Nip it

• Members
  • 7,485 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:07 AM

I might be mistaken, but I thought I read somewhere that if you print out the catalog, you can scan the bar code to find the price at any Walmart, even if that store doesn't actually sell guns.

Illinois Concealed Carry Firearms Instructor
Utah Concealed Carry Firearms Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
Have all boated who fish? Have all boated who fish?

#3 Bud

• Members
  • 6,887 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 12:05 PM

I might be mistaken, but I thought I read somewhere that if you print out the catalog, you can scan the bar code to find the price at any Walmart, even if that store doesn't actually sell guns.

I think if you found something youy wanted to order from this catalog, just print out the page it is on and take it in to WalMart to order it.

I printed a page and tried to scan it with my phone but couldn't get it to scan it

Bud

ITWT Club Member 001

ONE STATE- ONE LAW

#4 Jeckler

• Members
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 12:46 PM

Walmart special order firearms are only available in select stores. Not all of the stores have an FFL. Especially those in the Chicago market.

#5 Patriots & Tyrants

• Supporting Members Team
  • 3,127 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 02:27 PM

Wow I never would have thought WalMart would special order a mini-14 for you, that "scary black rifle' must have slipped past them.

A little update on walmart while we are on the topic. the Walmart in Wheeling(Cook County) now sells handgun ammo. No guns on display but they had a lot of mostly 40 S&W ammo behind the counter. I had to lean over a little to see it and I am 6'7" tall. Maybe they will have guns next?

Edited by Patriots & Tyrants, 25 March 2012 - 02:31 PM.

#6 Geneseo1911

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 02:39 PM

Do ANY IL Wal-Marts sell firearms? The guns disappeared from Champaign County WM's about 10 years ago.

I bought my first gun from the Champaign Wal-Mart. :no:

#7 Bud

• Members
  • 6,887 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 02:45 PM

Do ANY IL Wal-Marts sell firearms? The guns disappeared from Champaign County WM's about 10 years ago.

I bought my first gun from the Champaign Wal-Mart. Posted Image

Close to me, the Plano Wal Mart has always sold firearms.

We travel around quite a bit and always seem to be running into a walmart for things we forgot. I have seen a lkot of ARs in Wal Mart for sale, Sigs, S&W, Bushmnaster and one in San Antonio had a wkile rack of Colt LE 6920s and the sales person laughed because as fast they put them up they were sold. They were running $1,020 and the S&W M&P 15 Sporters were only $649.00 as were the Bushmaster E2S models.

WalMary used to sell pistols but the last time I saw that was in the mid-nineties.

Bud

ITWT Club Member 001

ONE STATE- ONE LAW

#8 GarandFan

• Members
  • 11,727 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 03:47 PM

That's got to be one of the least interesting lists of firearms I've seen in a while.

The Walmarts in KY sell AR15s, and I can't help but think that soon Walmart will be selling handguns again. It's just such a HUGE market that they probably won't deny it for much longer, particularly as the political winds regarding gun control continue to calm.
"It takes all the running you can do just to keep in the same place."
Lewis Carroll, 1872

#9 Bud

• Members
  • 6,887 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 04:08 PM

That's got to be one of the least interesting lists of firearms I've seen in a while.

The Walmarts in KY sell AR15s, and I can't help but think that soon Walmart will be selling handguns again. It's just such a HUGE market that they probably won't deny it for much longer, particularly as the political winds regarding gun control continue to calm.

what?

Aren't you just digging on the Howa?

(baWAhahahahahaha...., I just break myself up)

Actually there is a CZ I like and one of the Savages. I wanta magazine fed bolt action carbine length in 5.56 that I can put a good scope on and I don't have a lot of money.

Bud

ITWT Club Member 001

ONE STATE- ONE LAW

#10 Uncle Harley

• Members
  • 4,864 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 04:25 PM

the walmarts in Alaska still STOCK hand guns. You can walk in grab some steaks and beer out of the cooler, then walk over to the sporting goods counter purchase a handgun and while you are at it have them ring up your other items and in 15 min when your background check comes back you can walk out of the store with all 3 items.
"A river cuts through a rock not because of its power but its persistence." - Jim Watkins

Comment on this thread for a chance to win a Glock and a pizza http://illinoiscarry...showtopic=51095

#11 Howard Roark

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 06:11 PM

Sounds scary dangerous !
Howard Roark
Yay guns!!! boooo anti-gunners!

#12 Geneseo1911

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:26 PM

That's interesting Bud. I've seen guns in WM's in other states, but never in IL; I always assumed it was a state-by state thing.

#13 papa

• 4,051 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:31 PM

That's interesting Bud. I've seen guns in WM's in other states, but never in IL; I always assumed it was a state-by state thing.

Our walmart has always had guns and ammo. This is the South end of the state though.

There are a few down this way that no longer have guns but still sold ammo.

#14 Mr. Fife

Nip it

• Members
  • 7,485 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:57 PM

I think if you found something youy wanted to order from this catalog, just print out the page it is on and take it in to WalMart to order it.

I printed a page and tried to scan it with my phone but couldn't get it to scan it

I meant scan it on one of those price checkers they have in the aisles.

Illinois Concealed Carry Firearms Instructor
Utah Concealed Carry Firearms Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
Have all boated who fish? Have all boated who fish?

#15 I Hate Gunlaws

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:54 AM

I bought my first gun from the Champaign Wal-Mart. Posted Image

Sparta Walmart generally carries Bushmaster AR15s, Ruger Mini 14, and Sig 556. They've also been ordering 420 round cans of xm855 by the pallet load. Prices are inching up though....

#16 Uncle Harley

• Members
  • 4,864 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 06:44 AM

Sounds scary dangerous !

please tell me that is an attempt at sarcasim.
"A river cuts through a rock not because of its power but its persistence." - Jim Watkins

Comment on this thread for a chance to win a Glock and a pizza http://illinoiscarry...showtopic=51095

#17 Swervie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 10:46 AM

what?

Aren't you just digging on the Howa?

(baWAhahahahahaha...., I just break myself up)

Huh? Howas are known for having one of the best factory actions out, and their accuracy is comparable to a Remington 700. They are great rifles IMO. I would have never guessed that Wallyworld sells them.
"The great object is that every man be armed. Everyone who is able may have a gun."
Patrick Henry

#18 Armed Jeeper

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:48 AM

There hasn't been any guns sold in the central Illinois Wal-Mart's for quite awhile. At least any that I have been to. I was surprised taking my daughter back to college in Bourbonnais seeing all the long guns they had there. I wouldn't have suspected that so close to Chicago.

#19 Uncle Harley

• Members
  • 4,864 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:54 AM

There hasn't been any guns sold in the central Illinois Wal-Mart's for quite awhile. At least any that I have been to. I was surprised taking my daughter back to college in Bourbonnais seeing all the long guns they had there. I wouldn't have suspected that so close to Chicago.

Effingham Walmart still sells firearms. It's at the crossroads of 57 and 70 doesn't get any more centerall IL than that!

#20 Swervie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:27 AM

I could have sworn I have seen shotguns and rifles at the Pontiac Walmart..
"The great object is that every man be armed. Everyone who is able may have a gun."
Patrick Henry

#21 papa

• 4,051 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:24 AM

I should have included this in my other post.... My local Walmart has a gun catalog under the counter .

You might be amazed at how many stores have that catalog. I would think if they sell guns , they would have the catalog but that might not be true.

#22 Xwing

• Members
  • 5,975 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 02:04 PM

The Wal-Marts near me all sell ammo, but not firearms. I remember back when they did; but that's been ~20 years or so.
NRA Lifetime Member
IGOLD 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
CCW Laws: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)
Posted anti-gun business listing: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)
Illinois Government: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)

#23 Bud

• Members
  • 6,887 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 02:53 PM

I should have included this in my other post.... My local Walmart has a gun catalog under the counter .

You might be amazed at how many stores have that catalog. I would think if they sell guns , they would have the catalog but that might not be true.

That's the same catalog that I provided the link to in the original post. That's why I did it, just so people could peruse at their leisure because most of the W-M clerks won't let you look at it.

Bud

ITWT Club Member 001

ONE STATE- ONE LAW