Photo

Self Protection on my bicycle trip

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 alan081954

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 12:29 PM

Hi folks, I was born and raised in Moline. I now live in Adams,Tn. I'm 58 yrs old, not a bad a** or a fighter. but I'm not afraid of anyone,even if I got in a fight and got my as kicked. I don't go looking for trouble. I am planning a bicycle trip from my house in Adams,Tn. to Moline in the very near future. (a month or so) I have a 3" folding knife, a couple of pepper sprays, and a camping saw, (the type that is like a wire with rings at each end)I'll be traveling on the highways that allow bicycles and be doing either stealth camping, or camping in state parks if allowed. Or with kind folks that offer a place in their yard. My question is.....Will I have any problems out of local LEO's along my way with the items I plan to carry? This is an updated question from last year. Thanks for all the input in advance.

Edited by alan081954, 24 March 2012 - 12:34 PM.

#2 Drylok

• Members
  • 8,659 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 02:29 PM

You can bring a firearm as long as it's unloaded and in case.
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks"
-Thomas Jefferson-

Now two flags fly above my land that really sum up how I feel. One is the colors that fly high and proud the red, the white, the blue. The other ones got a rattle snake with a simple statement made, don't tread on me, is what it says and I'll take that to my grave
-Aaron Lewis-

#3 Mr. Fife

Nip it

• Supporting Members Team
  • 6,518 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 04:09 PM

Anything can happen, but I would ask myself the question, " When was the last time I was searched while on a bicycle trip?" first. That might help answer your other question. More importantly, I would advise you to not do anything illegal. Disclaimer: IANAL.

Illinois Concealed Carry Firearms Instructor
Utah Concealed Carry Firearms Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
Have all boated who fish? Have all boated who fish?

#4 JackTripper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 04:21 PM

Could get a bit uncomfortable if you are packing and get busted for stealth camping.
Come and knock on my door. I'll be waiting for you.

#5 alan081954

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 05:02 PM

Could get a bit uncomfortable if you are packing and get busted for stealth camping.

I won't be packing, I'd just be asking for trouble then.

#6 alan081954

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 05:09 PM

Anything can happen, but I would ask myself the question, " When was the last time I was searched while on a bicycle trip?" first. That might help answer your other question. More importantly, I would advise you to not do anything illegal. Disclaimer: IANAL.

I was stopped last year in Bowling Green,Ky. at a 7/11 type of store and was asked for my ID and what I was up to. I have had no problems here in Tn. other than mean mugging and a few fingers from impatient drivers. I can't think of anything illegal I would be doing...... as far as I know, girl watching is still legal.

#7 Mr. Fife

Nip it

• Supporting Members Team
  • 6,518 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 05:19 PM

I was stopped last year in Bowling Green,Ky. at a 7/11 type of store and was asked for my ID and what I was up to. I have had no problems here in Tn. other than mean mugging and a few fingers from impatient drivers. I can't think of anything illegal I would be doing...... as far as I know, girl watching is still legal.

Did they find your knives, sprays. or saws?

Illinois Concealed Carry Firearms Instructor
Utah Concealed Carry Firearms Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
Have all boated who fish? Have all boated who fish?