Photo

City of Chicago goes after Fidelity Academy's range plans

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 Fidelity Academy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 04:53 PM

Today the City of Chicago served a subpoena on Fidelity Investigative Training Academy, in conjunction with the Ezell v. City of Chicago federal litigation, to obtain all of the academy's records, research and plans for its proposed range build-out our main campus in Chicago. As the photo shows, the city still has just enough money, to pay for our appearance in the deposition.

In honor of Alan Gottlieb's photo, I thought his shot with the Chicago check would be an appropriate symbol of determination.

Attached Images

• Check - Copy.JPG

Fidelity Investigative Training Academy
"Security Training Concepts You Can Trust"
4224 West Belmont Avenue, 2nd Flr.
Chicago, IL. 6064-4620

Office: (224) 678 - 0311
http://www.FidelityAcademy.us

#2 bob

• Members
  • 5,151 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 05:02 PM

Today the City of Chicago served a subpoena on Fidelity Investigative Training Academy, in conjunction with the Ezell v. City of Chicago federal litigation, to obtain all of the academy's records, research and plans for its proposed range build-out our main campus in Chicago. As the photo shows, the city still has just enough money, to pay for our appearance in the deposition.

In honor of Alan Gottlieb's photo, I thought his shot with the Chicago check would be an appropriate symbol of determination.

Wouldn't you have to submit all of that to get a building permit anyway?
bob

Disclaimers: I am not a lawyer, cop, soldier, gunsmith, politician, plumber, electrician, or a professional practitioner of many of the other things I comment on in this forum.

The opinions expressed by this poster do not reflect the official stance of Illinois Carry. Apparently there was some confusion on the part of at least one person that it does, and I want to make things clear that my opinion is my own and that whatever the official stance of IC is or is not at present, it may or may not reflect my own opinion.

http://ilbob.blogspot.com/

#3 JackTripper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 988 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 05:14 PM

Sorry, but the check is illegible.
Come and knock on my door. I'll be waiting for you.

#4 ishmo

• Members
  • 2,603 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 06:40 PM

:lol: I would have thought that with 50 shot and 10 killed last weekend Chicago would have better things to do than harass a legitimate business owner but I guess not.

I hope everything works out and keep us updated.

#5 abolt243

Tim Bowyer

• 11,278 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 06:47 PM

Posted Image I would have thought that with 50 shot and 10 killed last weekend Chicago would have better things to do than harass a legitimate business owner but I guess not.

I hope everything works out and keep us updated.

Legitimate business owners are easier to catch. Those criminals are sneaky little ******** and a lot of work!!
Are you a member of the ISRA?? If not, why not?? Join over 18,000 other Illinois gun owners in the fight for your rights!!!

The Roman Empire fell due to a large, corrupt government, overspending, an overextended military, insecure borders, and the illegal immigration of Goths, barbarians (anyone who was not educated), and religious fanatics. Sound familiar?

"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."
--Samuel Adams

Luke 11:21 - "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed." NASB

#6 NakPPI

• Supporting Members Team
  • 1,249 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 07:06 PM

There are so many ways that this could blow up in the city's face... Talk about a hostile witness...

Sent from my tactical multicam SCH-I500.
Stung by the result of McDonald v. City of Chicago, 130 S. Ct. 3020 (2010), the City quickly enacted an ordinance that was too clever by half. Recognizing that a complete gun ban would no longer survive Supreme Court review, the City required all gun owners to obtain training that included one hour of live‐range instruction, and then banned all live ranges within City limits. This was not so much a nod to the importance of live‐range training as it was a thumbing of the municipal nose at the Supreme Court.

#7 TFC

• Members
  • 1,930 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 07:39 PM

Amazing. I would fight it, then make them show cause as to why it should not be built.
~If you speak of a gun as a toy, then you see medical waste as playground filler. Yes, it means you're a screwed up individual.~
~"An invasion of mainland America is unwise. Behind every blade of grass a rifle would await us"
-Yamamoto Isoroku
I predicted that Chicago/Cook county will be sold out in order to get "shall issue".
Based on the restrictions on carry in Chicago/Cook County, I was right.

...doing just enough to keep them out of Federal Court...

#8 NakPPI

• Supporting Members Team
  • 1,249 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 07:52 PM

Amazing. I would fight it, then make them show cause as to why it should not be built.

No no! They should answer every question honestly and make the city attorneys look like uniformed fools on the record. Depositions are recorded! This could be great material!

Sent from my tactical multicam SCH-I500.
Stung by the result of McDonald v. City of Chicago, 130 S. Ct. 3020 (2010), the City quickly enacted an ordinance that was too clever by half. Recognizing that a complete gun ban would no longer survive Supreme Court review, the City required all gun owners to obtain training that included one hour of live‐range instruction, and then banned all live ranges within City limits. This was not so much a nod to the importance of live‐range training as it was a thumbing of the municipal nose at the Supreme Court.

#9 TFC

• Members
  • 1,930 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:27 PM

The city may be trying to avoid a contempt of court citation by saying that they no longer ban ranges.
How do we throw a few rocks at The City of Chicago's little tree house?
~If you speak of a gun as a toy, then you see medical waste as playground filler. Yes, it means you're a screwed up individual.~
~"An invasion of mainland America is unwise. Behind every blade of grass a rifle would await us"
-Yamamoto Isoroku
I predicted that Chicago/Cook county will be sold out in order to get "shall issue".
Based on the restrictions on carry in Chicago/Cook County, I was right.

...doing just enough to keep them out of Federal Court...

#10 Sigma

• Members
  • 2,681 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:44 PM

Dont take no crap off of them Andre. I know you are a fighter. You have a beautiful facility down there and they hate it.

Need anything?
Exodus 22:2-3
If the thief is found breaking in, and he is struck so that he dies, there shall be no guilt for his bloodshed.

Gun control is not about guns, it's about control. Once they have all the guns, they'll also have complete control.-Abolt

Guns kill people just like beds get girls pregnant.

#11 Fidelity Academy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:43 AM

Dont take no crap off of them Andre. I know you are a fighter. You have a beautiful facility down there and they hate it.

Need anything?

I have some mutual friends helping us out with this. I will update as we go.

Our goal is to increase the number of legally armed citizens in Chicago, and that goal has not gone unnoticed by the city. They have begin, in earnest, to focus on us. At the same time, we have gotten emails and calls from a lot of our friends in support, and that does help - it is frustrating and stressful but we aren't giving up. Many of our friends in the CPD and Cook County Sheriffs Dept. have lent a voice of support.
Fidelity Investigative Training Academy
"Security Training Concepts You Can Trust"
4224 West Belmont Avenue, 2nd Flr.
Chicago, IL. 6064-4620

Office: (224) 678 - 0311
http://www.FidelityAcademy.us