Photo

Website Censorship

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

#1 Jeckler

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:22 AM

I was exchanging information with another member via PM and Illinois Carry has censored my communication. Why?

Edited by Molly B., 22 March 2012 - 01:15 PM.

#2 scough

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:29 AM

Censoring PM's?? :thumbsup:

#3 JackTripper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 992 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:29 AM

They espouse methods not condoned by Illinois Carry.
Come and knock on my door. I'll be waiting for you.

#4 Uncle Harley

• Members
  • 4,797 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:38 PM

It's a computer program that does that to key words there isn't someone watching you. A taxidermy forrum I visit sometimes that is sponsored by certain supply company If you mention one certain supply company they will change the name of it to " A supply company" Try typing a curse word like **** in a PM LOL
"A river cuts through a rock not because of its power but its persistence." - Jim Watkins

Comment on this thread for a chance to win a Glock and a pizza http://illinoiscarry...showtopic=51095

#5 Jeckler

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:49 PM

Yes, I relaize it's an automated program that changes. However, the parameters were set by Admin's at Illinois Carry. I'm surprised. I wasn't aware there was an issue with that site. I know a lot of members visit both...

#6 Uncle Harley

• Members
  • 4,797 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:59 PM

is that the site that someone from here exposed the Sub-forrum that we are not privy to and got banned? The one you have to be admin to get into? Watch I brought it up again and I will probably disapear too! LOL
"A river cuts through a rock not because of its power but its persistence." - Jim Watkins

Comment on this thread for a chance to win a Glock and a pizza http://illinoiscarry...showtopic=51095

#7 Molly B.

IllinoisCarry spokesperson

• 11,570 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 01:17 PM

I was exchanging information with another member via PM and Illinois Carry has censored my communication. Why?

Your PM privileges were suspended because of abuse of the privilege. As for the other issues you brought up, that was explained to you also. To continue to do so will result in a suspension of posting privileges as well.
"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

#8 Jeckler

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 01:39 PM

Your PM privileges were suspended because of abuse of the privilege. As for the other issues you brought up, that was explained to you also. To continue to do so will result in a suspension of posting privileges as well.

Molly,
I think you may have copied the wrong quote/posting. To the best of my knowledge, I have never been suspended. I have never had a conversation with you regarding other websites and forums. In fact, I don't think we have ever had the privelge of speaking. I look forward to the day when we can meet and talk. I'd love to shake your hand.

I suspect you are referring to someone else...

#9 Molly B.

• 11,570 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 01:47 PM

If that is the case, then I apologize. I will look into it and offer more explanation later. At the moment
I cannot do anything. Please, hang tight until then.
"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

#10 Uncle Harley

• Members
  • 4,797 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 01:48 PM

is that the site that someone from here exposed the Sub-forrum that we are not privy to and got banned? The one you have to be admin to get into? Watch I brought it up again and I will probably disapear too! LOL

I can't edit my original post, but let me be clear. What I meant to say was that Someone Claimed to be booted from here for exposing a sub forrum and started annother forrum Obviously I have no clue wheather or not it's true, but quite frankly I don't care if they have one or not . I'm told they don't , but If it does exist it's probably to just notify mods of certain things and admin stuff so they don't have to type out a kajillion pm's or e-mails to each other. But that seems like an in efficent was to do things so I would be inclined to think that it doesn't exist.

#11 pyre400

Political opinions expressed are always my own.

• Admin
  • 7,728 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 01:57 PM

The same language filters set on the forums will apply to PMs. The pm function is, essentially, a private user forum/session - if that makes sense...

We dont monitor member's PMs, and although anything in technology is possible, the board software does not permit access to any private PMs.

Besides the technical, it would be unethical for us to read your PMs - we simply dont do that.

So... on that note, PM's make a good option for those who wish to vent, provided the other recipients are ok with that and the content of such PMs do not violate the law, or the forum rules.
Its sometimes the better option for those with dirty laundry to air...

...this concludes this public service announcement.

#12 Molly B.

• 11,570 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:51 PM

Molly,
I think you may have copied the wrong quote/posting. To the best of my knowledge, I have never been suspended. I have never had a conversation with you regarding other websites and forums. In fact, I don't think we have ever had the privelge of speaking. I look forward to the day when we can meet and talk. I'd love to shake your hand.

I suspect you are referring to someone else...

Jeckler,

My most sincere apology. After checking into this I think I did indeed have you confused with someone else.
I do not see any restrictions placed on your account and see no reason why there should be a problem with
sharing PM's with other members - unless maybe the other member has had PM privileges suspended?

As for the other issue, I will send a PM to explain.

Again, my apologies for the mix up on your status.

#13 kurt555gs

• Members
  • 2,394 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:11 AM

I haven't tried a PM. I seem to live on the ragged edge of being banned or suspended. Maybe I should try to PM someone and find out?

* Carthago delenda est *

Edited by kurt555gs, 23 March 2012 - 09:19 AM.

Kurt on G+

#14 pyre400

Political opinions expressed are always my own.

• Admin
  • 7,728 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:32 AM

I used to get on my wife will all the drama shows she watches on TV.
I explained that I was not telling her what to watch, but that I was mildly concerned with drama being so entertaining.

Now I'm beginning to wonder if I haven't been doing the same thing...

IMO - we should pick our battles. There are all sorts of targets, worthy of our attention. The infighting and added static isnt really helping anyone...
Try to keep a broader perspective, I say. I am absolutely certain that none of the staff here is sitting behind a keyboard, rubbing their hands together, building great anticipation for hitting the "ban key".
There is no power trip here... We're working hard for a common cause, and being incrementally successful in doing so.
Moderation is a burden that some have to carry - I believe that there should be some consideration and appreciation for that.

Some of the sh!t we bicker about here makes me feel like I should be watching grey's anatomy...

Just another opinion of mine...for what it may be worth.

#15 Bud

• Members
  • 6,861 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:38 AM

I used to get on my wife will all the drama shows she watches on TV.
I explained that I was not telling her what to watch, but that I was mildly concerned with drama being so entertaining.

Now I'm beginning to wonder if I haven't been doing the same thing...

IMO - we should pick our battles. There are all sorts of targets, worthy of our attention. The infighting and added static isnt really helping anyone...
Try to keep a broader perspective, I say. I am absolutely certain that none of the staff here is sitting behind a keyboard, rubbing their hands together, building great anticipation for hitting the "ban key".
There is no power trip here... We're working hard for a common cause, and being incrementally successful in doing so.
Moderation is a burden that some have to carry - I believe that there should be some consideration and appreciation for that.

Some of the sh!t we bicker about here makes me feel like I should be watching grey's anatomy...

Just another opinion of mine...for what it may be worth.

that+1

I need to temper my temper or maybe spending more time reading instead of responding

Bud

Dico Tibi Verum, Libertas Optima Rerum Nunquam Servili Sub Nexu Vivito, Fili.

ITWT Club Member 001

ONE STATE- ONE LAW

#16 kurt555gs

• Members
  • 2,394 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:47 AM

Think of the Enter key as the trigger. I need to do this more myself.

* Carthago delenda est *

Edited by kurt555gs, 23 March 2012 - 09:47 AM.

Kurt on G+