36 replies to this topic

#1 Dilbert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 04:43 PM

Hello IllinoisCarry Members,

This is our time! I can feel it.

Some time ago I started thinking I wanted a very functional, comfortable and durable holster to carry when they (the legislature) finally get their heads out of their arm pits. A friend recommended getting a Milt Sparks VM2. The $115 isn't a problem for me but Milt died in 1995 and the company has continued in his name. Their products are first class. But they open the website for orders for a short period and if you miss that window, you will wait 6 to 8 months to place an order.

I decided to use my computer skills to find what I wanted. So I thought, I can't be the first person to think of this and set out to find a compiled list. What I found were several lists that overlapped many times. I decided to cull through them and delete the duplicates, add the ones I had found on my own along with some unique products. I put it all into a spreadsheet and included hyper links to jump to the site quickly. I also added photos of the flagship products so a user could hover over the link and see a quick image of their work. Unfortunately, Google docs does not import the images, only the links.

I'd like to thank Mauserme for his assistance guiding me through the process of creating the Google spreadsheet. I probably could have done it after a while but you sure made it painless and helped me avoid the struggle of trial and error. Thank you sir for your kindness.

It took me several months to complete the list. Please scroll through the makers, visit the ones that are of interest and if there is some value to the information consider it a small contribution to the cause. Listed are 258 sites that cover mostly leather holsters to CC clothing (pants) to women's handbags to bed holsters to car holsters even some pistol sling rigs. It is NOT an extensive or complete list by any stretch of the imagination. It is however a fairly good start to some of the better leather holster makers in the US and some unique CC products you may not be aware of.

Enjoy

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin, 1759

#2 Bud

• Members
  • 6,853 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 05:47 PM

This is so way cool, thanks!

Bud

Dico Tibi Verum, Libertas Optima Rerum Nunquam Servili Sub Nexu Vivito, Fili.

ITWT Club Member 001

ONE STATE- ONE LAW

#3 TFC

• Members
  • 1,934 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 05:48 PM

Excellent list.
~If you speak of a gun as a toy, then you see medical waste as playground filler. Yes, it means you're a screwed up individual.~
~"An invasion of mainland America is unwise. Behind every blade of grass a rifle would await us"
-Yamamoto Isoroku
I predicted that Chicago/Cook county will be sold out in order to get "shall issue".
Based on the restrictions on carry in Chicago/Cook County, I was right.

...doing just enough to keep them out of Federal Court...

#4 Uncle Harley

• Members
  • 4,790 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 06:15 PM

thats impressive, yet slightly overwhelming, glad I make my own!
"A river cuts through a rock not because of its power but its persistence." - Jim Watkins

Comment on this thread for a chance to win a Glock and a pizza http://illinoiscarry...showtopic=51095

#5 vezpa

Illinoiscarry.com Funnyman

• Supporting Members Team
  • 3,771 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 06:30 PM

Can one of the mods make this into a sticky please?
Stand Your Ground

#6 KingWalleye

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 06:59 PM

This is like waving a dime bag of heroin in front of a room full of junkies.

Nicely done, thanks.

#7 Lou

Resident Old Guy

• 10,813 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 07:26 PM

Yea right - thanks. Just what need , an easy way to add more holsters to my huge box of holsters so that I have the PERFECT combination of holster/tool for every possible situation.

Seriously good job.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. -  George Orwell

A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again. 

#8 Jeckler

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 07:58 PM

The only thing missing is the ability to "rank" the company. It would be cool to have a user feedback column.
One star, two star, three star.

Thanks to your list, I know what I'm doing this weekend.

#9 robinp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:33 PM

Good stuff. Thanks for sharing your research/work with us. Excuse my ignorance, but when I copy/paste this to Word it comes out looking like a puzzle. How do I save this for future reference?

#10 pyre400

Political opinions expressed are always my own.

• Admin
  • 7,728 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:51 PM

Good work, Dil. This looks really good - thanks for your efforts.

#11 Mr. Fife

Nip it

• Members
  • 7,414 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:08 PM

A link to the googledoc would be cool, then I could add it to my favorites.

Illinois Concealed Carry Firearms Instructor
Utah Concealed Carry Firearms Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
Have all boated who fish? Have all boated who fish?

#12 papa

• 4,041 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:09 PM

You really did a great job putting this together. Thankfully , I already have all the holsters I will ever need or want . :poke:

#13 mauserme

Eliminating the element of surprise one bill at a time.

• 9,210 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:43 PM

Thanks for all your work Dilbert. I just hope I don't go into "one of each" mode.
Link to ILGA House Audio/Video..........Link to ILGA Senate Audio/Video ..........Link to Livestream Blueroom Events Page

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. - C.S. Lewis

#14 Dilbert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 05:40 AM

A link to the googledoc would be cool, then I could add it to my favorites.

Let's try this.

Link to Holster Data Spreadsheet
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin, 1759

#15 Vaden

Patriot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:44 AM

Thanks! I was about to make a post because I'm looking for a certain style of holster for my 1911 and when I saw this I clicked the 1911 holsters link and it was on the first page. Excellent!
"A citizen may not be required to offer a good and substantial reason why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right's existence is all the reason he needs."

#16 Tompo

• Members
  • 2,326 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 03:18 PM

I'd like to add Hidden Hybrid Holsters to the list.

http://www.hiddenhybridholsters.com/

I bought the HHH C-1 (IWB) for my M&P Shield. Fits great. Very comfortable. And cheaper than the Crossbreed. AND, it can be used as an OWB by removing the clips.

#17 Ccspinner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 09:10 PM

https://clevelandsholsters.com/

Great info bit you missed Clevland Holsters, they have great holsters at good prices.
Chad

#18 nocaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 09:38 PM

http://oldfaithfulholsters.com/

#19 TTIN

si vis pacem, para bellum

• Members
  • 3,525 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:38 PM

I would love both a car and a bed holster.Wish there was a way with your list as to where you could find a specific type holster.Sorry,just had to whine about something. :devil:

Nevermind,I'm a dumba$$

Edited by TTIN, 19 November 2012 - 07:46 PM.

Patrick Henry: "Are we at last brought to such a humiliating and debasing degradation, that we cannot be trusted with arms for our own defense".

"God made men,but Colt made them equals"

"Guns don't kill people..husbands who come home early do" -Larry The Cable Guy

"Illinois: Will the Defendant Please Rise?"

"si vis pacem, para bellum"

#20 redbuell1203

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 07:18 PM

I would like to also mention that crossbreed has another site called crossbreedseconds.com that are same holsters but that have been returned for dislikes of some reason or another. I have bought one off of this site because of the wait time was less then a week to get. Instead of 6 to 8 for a regular one, but without the lifetime warranty.

Edited by redbuell1203, 22 June 2013 - 07:18 PM.

Life is short so take long rides.

#21 mack69

"The surely one"

• 4,230 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 08:33 PM

I'd like to add Theis custom holsters.
http://theisholsters...a=1370480214454
Tommy makes a real nice holsters, mag carriers and belts..Great prices to.
I just received mine for my new Shield.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

"The defense of our liberties is first at the ballot box, then the soap box, then the jury box and finally, failing all else, the cartridge box"
"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."

-- George Orwell

#22 bobapunk

• Members
  • 4,338 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:04 AM

Can I add myself?

North-central Illinois Custom Kydex. I'm out of Peoria, IL Custom Holsters from right here in ILLINOIS!

#23 CGT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 09:59 AM

I have a 30" waist line and wear american eagle small shirts. Looking for a holster inside waistban that will suit me comfortably and be very little imprint. Firearm is xd40. Looking small of back if possible. Any recommendatiions?

#24 Tominator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 09:39 AM

http://aliengearholsters.com/

http://www.pantherconcealment.com/

Here's a couple more.

#25 Tominator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 02:50 PM

1911 Pistols is either defunct or the link is wrong.

#26 LTC Hunter

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:30 PM

Anyone making custom holsters in the Quad Cities area (IA/IL)? I've got a few pistols to which I've had rails added to the dustcovers.

#27 bobapunk

• Members
  • 4,338 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 10:57 AM

Anyone making custom holsters in the Quad Cities area (IA/IL)? I've got a few pistols to which I've had rails added to the dustcovers.

I got your PM and I think I can help you out.

#28 Storm Tactical Products

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:10 AM

I'd like to add our company if possible to the list? We make a few different holsters for just about any gun. We're located right in illinois!

Thank you!

Http://www.StormTacticalProducts.com
NRA Life Member
ISRA Member
Custom Holster Manufacturer
Authorized Crimson Trace Dealer
Authroized Gerber Dealer

Posted Image
View our Holster Selection HERE !
IWB Holsters
OWB Holsters
OWB/IWB Holsters
BulletProof Products
Women's CCW Products
Accessories and more!

#29 rbarry

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 12:45 PM

I like Turtle Creek for thin leather front tuck holsters. http://www.tarpoff.c...ek_holsters.htm

#30 bicyclenut

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 06:20 PM

I purchased a Black Mamba holster from Concealment Solutions, didn't see on list, that I like pretty well in my limited use so far.

http://www.concealmentsolutions.com/

High quality, well made and quick to ship. 30 day trial period, so you try it and if you don't like it you can return it for a full refund less shipping. Lifetime Warranty.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
when seconds count, the police are only minutes away...
My Smith&Wesson can be there in seconds...

p738667697-11.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users